Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
FEEL FREE TO DISREGARD THIS POST

It is guaranteed to be lazy, ignorant, and/or uninformed.
Cyborg's dad put him together with discount Razr computer parts from Target?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

That was pretty intense, huh?

Hollismason posted:

The motherbox he had in his possession fused with his bitcoin mining rig that had a bunch of these:

That then attached itself to his son, creating Cyborg.

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007

*realizes that they still haven't put together a logo for Cyborg looks frantically around office and spots a bag from Target*

Mr. Apollo
Nov 8, 2000

Hollismason posted:

His dad moonlighted as a "gamer" computer case designer.

weekly font
Dec 1, 2004

Everytime I try to fly I fall
Without my wings
I feel so small
Guess I need you baby...

Is this early footage because holy poo poo Cyborg looks early 2000s CGI bad.

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007

the CGI was done with one of those free graphic programs that came on some Target computers

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007

I mean came in a sexual way

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

VJeff posted:

Martian Manhunter is green.

Martian Manhunter wears blue.

This bandwagon is filling up fast, people! Better jump on now!

Unless they say differently, it's possible that Perry White has actually been Martian Manhunter this whole time.

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

Gyges posted:

Unless they say differently, it's possible that Perry White has actually been Martian Manhunter this whole time.

No man, General Swanwick is Martian Manhunter.

Mr. Apollo
Nov 8, 2000

weekly font posted:

I wonder if Ray Fisher had to wear a green onesie during all the filming.

Snowman_McK
Jan 31, 2010

weekly font posted:

It looks as bad as an Atari game from 1972, but in a reverse universe where all visual media is worse than it is here.

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007

I want to see a flashback of Cyborgs dad making sweet love to a Alienware Desktop Computer powered by a Motherbox and it's just all the troubles he has had as a single dad raising some kind of abomination of man and machine. At the end of the film Cyborg and his father meet again then Cyborg introduces his new girlfriend, a Microsoft Surface , they hug, and Cyborg tells his dad he loves him and understands him now.

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

Mr. Apollo posted:

I wonder if Ray Fisher had to wear a green onesie during all the filming.

I think they're mostly grey and black jump suits now.

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving
trust that you'll find your way

Is the ominous voice in the trailer supposed to be Steppenwolf or Darkseid?

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

hiddenriverninja posted:

Is the ominous voice in the trailer supposed to be Steppenwolf or Darkseid?

I'd guess Steppenwolf. Does sound a bit like Ciaran Hinds (the actor doing the performance capture for him), like the way he speaks I mean.

Mr. Apollo
Nov 8, 2000

Hollismason posted:

I want to see a flashback of Cyborgs dad making sweet love to a Alienware Desktop Computer powered by a Motherbox and it's just all the troubles he has had as a single dad raising some kind of abomination of man and machine. At the end of the film Cyborg and his father meet again then Cyborg introduces his new girlfriend, a Microsoft Surface , they hug, and Cyborg tells his dad he loves him and understands him now.
The next dad his dad is talking with coworkers and says "Look, I'm just glad she's not a blackberry"

Uncle Wemus
Mar 4, 2004

Im getting real bored with marvel so i hope this does ok

BravestOfTheLamps posted:

lol I take it you missed the news.

What news

SpiritOfLenin
Apr 29, 2013

be happy :3

Uncle Wemus posted:

Im getting real bored with marvel so i hope this does ok

What news

Basically Ben Affleck going "I loving love being Batman".

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
Didn't Affleck star in Daredevil mostly because it was the closest he could get to Batman?

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

Inescapable Duck posted:

Didn't Affleck star in Daredevil mostly because it was the closest he could get to Batman?

Yes. Dude also built a batcave in his home with his Armageddon and Pearl Harbor money.

Snowman_McK
Jan 31, 2010
It's immensely comforting to me that stars spend their money in much the same way I would.

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving
trust that you'll find your way

Ben Affleck is a huge dork confirm/deny?

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

hiddenriverninja posted:

Ben Affleck is a huge dork confirm/deny?

As I understand it, he didn't build a Batcave -- his old house had a library, and one of the bookshelves had a button that caused the shelf to slide away, which opened the entrance to a panic room.

So, no, not a huge dork (he's not like Nicolas Cage, horribly in debt due to gambling and building a loving pyramid tomb for himself in New Orleans). He is a raging alcoholic who can't keep it in his pants, though.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

If you dress up like batman, even for a job, you're kind of a dork

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Timby posted:

As I understand it, he didn't build a Batcave -- his old house had a library, and one of the bookshelves had a button that caused the shelf to slide away, which opened the entrance to a panic room.

So, no, not a huge dork (he's not like Nicolas Cage, horribly in debt due to gambling and building a loving pyramid tomb for himself in New Orleans). He is a raging alcoholic who can't keep it in his pants, though.

So he's just like the rest of us, but attractive, famous and with too much money.

Mr. Apollo
Nov 8, 2000

I think it's interesting to see the heroes in the DCEU show self doubt. Aquaman says he thinks they're all going to die and The Flash admits to never having fought anyone. I don't think you ever really see that in the MCU. I guess that's one of the big differences between the two.

Chieves
Sep 20, 2010

Inescapable Duck posted:

So he's just like the rest of us, but attractive, famous and with too much money.

Truly a fit for Bruce Wayne if there ever was one.

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.

Mr. Apollo posted:

I think it's interesting to see the heroes in the DCEU show self doubt. Aquaman says he thinks they're all going to die and The Flash admits to never having fought anyone. I don't think you ever really see that in the MCU. I guess that's one of the big differences between the two.

Tony shows self doubt, a lot. The Infinity War trailer opens with Tony's "We're going to die" line from Age of Ultron. Black Widow and Hawkeye, too, in the Avengers when they realize they're the normal people heading into a world of magic and monsters and aliens. It takes a lot of pushing to get Scarlet Witch into the fight at all, and Strange is super reluctant about magic at all, and especially killing. Plus Mantis in the Guardians.

Drifter
Oct 22, 2000

Belated Bear Witness
Soiled Meat

Cythereal posted:

Tony shows self doubt, a lot. The Infinity War trailer opens with Tony's "We're going to die" line from Age of Ultron. Black Widow and Hawkeye, too, in the Avengers when they realize they're the normal people heading into a world of magic and monsters and aliens. It takes a lot of pushing to get Scarlet Witch into the fight at all, and Strange is super reluctant about magic at all, and especially killing. Plus Mantis in the Guardians.

You're missing what he means., I think.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Chieves posted:

Truly a fit for Bruce Wayne if there ever was one.

Is pretty much method acting given BvS shows Batman's place with booze, pills and a woman totally unacknowledged outside the bedroom, and Alfred snarking about Bruce depleting the family wine cellar.

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich
https://twitter.com/Variety/status/888970653428088832

:kimchi:

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich

quote:

‘Justice League’ Extensive Reshoots Causing Headaches for Star Schedules (EXCLUSIVE)

The studio, which had no comment on the scheduling trouble, is spending approximately $25 million on extensive reshoots that have dragged on for roughly two months in London and Los Angeles, according to multiple insiders. Like “The Avengers,” “Justice League” centers on a group of superheroes who band together to save the world. The ensemble nature of the comic book movie, and the fact that its cast includes several of the most in-demand actors working in Hollywood today, is creating scheduling headaches that have prolonged the shooting.

It’s standard for big Hollywood movies to schedule a few weeks of pick-up work, but the cost and time allotted to the work on “Justice League” is raising some eyebrows. Reshoots, or additional photography, to use the preferred studio nomenclature, traditionally cost between $6 million and $10 million, and rarely have to juggle so many competing schedules. They typically last a week or two.

Though stars like Ben Affleck and Gal Gadot, who play Batman and Wonder Woman, aren’t working on any other projects at the moment, enabling them to be on call for the filming, other cast members such as Ezra Miller and Henry Cavill have been scrambling to accommodate the additional photography.

Miller is reprising his “Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them” role in the film’s sequel, which started filming earlier this summer. Sources indicate that since that is also a Warner Bros. property, scheduling has been easier. The studio has gone out of its way to make him available, but his growing role in the world of wizarding series has made it difficult for him to suit up as the Flash on the same days that other co-stars are available.

Cavill’s issues are even more thorny. “Justice League’s” Man of Steel had expected to be able to finish shooting the sixth “Mission: Impossible” film before needing to don Superman’s spandex again. That has not been the case, however, as the new scenes that are being shot have required him to jump back and forth from each production. Because of this, a mustache he grew for his character in the “Mission: Impossible” sequel will have to be digitally removed in post-production. Paramount, which is distributing the “Mission: Impossible” sequel, would not allow Cavill to shave the facial hair while production was taking place.

Sources say “Justice League” reshoots have been used to punch up the dialogue. Whedon, the director of “The Avengers,” is well respected for his ability to create memorably wry exchanges between his characters. The set pieces Snyder shot are said to be usable, but Whedon has been working on “connective tissue” that was needed to link sequences.

http://variety.com/2017/film/news/justice-league-reshoots-1202502433/

Oh boy

Sir Kodiak
May 14, 2007

Dark_Tzitzimine posted:

quote:

Sources say “Justice League” reshoots have been used to punch up the dialogue. Whedon, the director of “The Avengers,” is well respected for his ability to create memorably wry exchanges between his characters. The set pieces Snyder shot are said to be usable, but Whedon has been working on “connective tissue” that was needed to link sequences.

As could be expected, that explains poo poo like this:

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

whedon "punching up the dialogue" is going to suck poo poo. what is it with DC movies constantly needing to perform emergency brain surgery on their movies?

Megaman's Jockstrap
Jul 16, 2000

What a horrible thread to have a post.

DLC Inc posted:

whedon "punching up the dialogue" is going to suck poo poo. what is it with DC movies constantly needing to perform emergency brain surgery on their movies?

Because management made the decision to put divisive auteurs with *big ideas* behind the camera and somehow expected them to produce easy, breezy, unchallenging mass-market products.

Then they flip out when they don't and start hacking.

BravestOfTheLamps
Oct 12, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Lipstick Apathy

quote:

Because of this, a mustache he grew for his character in the “Mission: Impossible” sequel will have to be digitally removed in post-production.

My favourite part.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
So Cavill got stuck in two productions that are running long simultaneously? Eeeeeesh. Poor guy.

I'm actually a little concerned 'cause if Whedon's just wholesale rewriting tons of dialog I think we may see a situation where the tone of the dialog and the tone of the story/aesthetics start clashing badly.

Ferrinus
Jun 19, 2003

i'm finding this quite easy, i guess in part because i'm a fast type but also because i have a coherent mental model of the world
Thank goodness the mullet Cavill has certainly cultivated for JL isn't interfering with M:I.

fishing with the fam
Feb 29, 2008

Durr
Come on. How do you not work the mustache into the movie somehow. What's so unpalatable about a mustachioed Supes?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LesterGroans
Jun 9, 2009

It's funny...

You were so scary at night.

Sir Kodiak posted:

As could be expected, that explains poo poo like this:

Oh, cool, an Entertainment Weekly promo image

LesterGroans fucked around with this message at 20:09 on Jul 24, 2017