Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

TAKE IT TO THE SNYDER DOME!!!!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

CelticPredator posted:

TAKE IT TO THE SNYDER DOME!!!!

This entire sub forum is the Snyder dome !!! Muhahahahahaha

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Yeah it blows.

josh04
Oct 19, 2008

"THE FLASH IS THE REASON
TO RACE TO THE THEATRES"

This title contains sponsored content.

At one point tonight I counted four threads including the 'dome that were discussing Big Zack at the same time.

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

Davros1 posted:

Dream sequences aren't bad, except when it's used as a crutch just because the author can't think of another way to convey a piece of information. If the whole movie had Batman continually experiencing these visions, that's one thing. But they didn't do that.

I love this because in your zeal to :iceburn: the flick yet again you glossed right over the extremely basic surface reading that the sequence conveys the depths of Batman's trauma from the Battle of Metropolis and his fear of failing to defeat the alien menace.

Pirate Jet
May 2, 2010
Oh no people are derailing about Snyder in the thread of... a movie he once worked on...

Pirate Jet fucked around with this message at 22:49 on Jan 31, 2019

Robot Style
Jul 5, 2009

Dark_Tzitzimine posted:

-Large similarities in first film to the final product (Steppenwolfe), but final 'boomtube' would have revealed Darkseid, where the League sees him, and he sees them before Steppenwolfe escapes

Sure, if by "escapes" he means "Wonder Woman cuts his drat head off, and it rolls to a stop at Darkseid's feet on the other side of the portal".

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Pirate Jet posted:

Oh no people are derailing about Snyder in the thread of... a movie he once worked on...

SNYDERDOME MOTHER FUCKER!!!!

Guy A. Person
May 23, 2003

Snyderdome seems pretty openly hostile, going to continue to talk about the movie Justice League -- which we just had a legitimate news item for -- in the Justice League thread, report me if you gotta

Tart Kitty
Dec 17, 2016

Oh, well, that's all water under the bridge, as I always say. Water under the bridge!

There are two kinds of threads in CineD: threads that are about Snyder, and threads that will be about Snyder eventually.

Pirate Jet posted:

It’s an extension of when CP tried to get everyone who likes The Wrong Director punished in the lull between moderators, claiming they were “the biggest problem with this forum,” ignoring the several women and LGBTQ members who had just told CineD how uncomfortable they feel here a few weeks prior.

I missed this. Was it in genchat?

Tart Kitty fucked around with this message at 22:55 on Jan 31, 2019

Pirate Jet
May 2, 2010

josh04 posted:

At one point tonight I counted four threads including the 'dome that were discussing Big Zack at the same time.

Right, which - alongside CP’s post just now -exposes the actual point of Snyderdome. The sell point is that it’s one contained thread in which “annoying” discussion about The Wrong Director can happen, and therefore these oppressed peoples of CineD who want to talk about things other than him but somehow cannot can safely ignore it and finally browse the forum in peace.

Except there is already a thread, right here, about the movie Snyder has most recently worked on, which people would be safely ignoring if they actually wanted to ignore Snyderchat but as CP just demonstrated, that’s not what they’re actually interested in. The idea of Snyderdome isn’t to stop derails in other threads - it’s to paint the idea of liking these Wrong Movies as abnormal and freakish, which is also why the OP of the thread immediately comes out swinging, and also hence the implicit metaphor of a toxic waste dump or disease quarantine.

The hilarious backfire of Snyderdome is that the only way to get people to use it is to start probating people for discussing movies in the movie discussion forum. As a result, all Snyderdome has accomplished is adding yet another thread about Zack Snyder to the front page, except this one is now always about him instead of just sometimes.

It’s an extension of when CP tried to get everyone who likes The Wrong Director punished in the lull between moderators, claiming they were “the biggest problem with this forum,” ignoring the several women and LGBTQ members who had just told CineD how uncomfortable they feel here a few weeks prior.

Pirate Jet fucked around with this message at 23:01 on Jan 31, 2019

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

CelticPredator posted:

Yeah it blows.

I think we'd get along IRL with our love our toys and taking the piss out of each others fandoms for movies. :lol:

CP I was an rear end in a top hat to you a long time ago but you're cool man. :)

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Vintersorg posted:

I think we'd get along IRL with our love our toys and taking the piss out of each others fandoms for movies. :lol:

CP I was an rear end in a top hat to you a long time ago but you're cool man. :)

Oh yeah dude I got no probs with you. Enjoy all the Snyder films.

And I have no loving idea what the living help is going on above me, but I’m going to say it’s weird.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

My whole thing is you are all are very hostile and it is an issue on the forum. I don’t know why you’re bringing LGBT people into this when it has nothing to do with it. You’re trying to guilt trip something and it’s very disingenuous.

I never said “oh those problems don’t matter”.

This forum as a ton of weird toxic issues that need to be solved. That is true.

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

That was pretty intense, huh?

You can't expect people who post dumb things to not get shat on. This ain't no hugbox.

Guy A. Person
May 23, 2003

CelticPredator posted:

My whole thing is you are all are very hostile and it is an issue on the forum. I don’t know why you’re bringing LGBT people into this when it has nothing to do with it. You’re trying to guilt trip something and it’s very disingenuous.

I never said “oh those problems don’t matter”.

This forum as a ton of weird toxic issues that need to be solved. That is true.

You're hanging out in a thread for a movie by a director whose fans you hate, telling his fans to not talk about him in the thread for his movie

Like, I don't disagree with your overall point but you need to step back for some perspective

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

No, I made a joke about the Snyder dome.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Die historic in Snyderdome

Guy A. Person
May 23, 2003

Well that's my misinterpretation then and I apologize

Megaman's Jockstrap
Jul 16, 2000

What a horrible thread to have a post.
I mean you guys are being a bit vicious, but that doesn't require quarantine zones and such.

Also just FYI a small reminder that the people who wanted an GBS-style Echo Chamber Movie Chat Forum got their wish with Blockbuster Video, and it utterly cratered into near-total obscurity.

Tart Kitty
Dec 17, 2016

Oh, well, that's all water under the bridge, as I always say. Water under the bridge!

Turns out the true Snyderdome was inside us all along

Milkfred E. Moore
Aug 27, 2006

'It's easier to imagine the end of the world than the end of capitalism.'

Guy A. Person posted:

Well that's my misinterpretation then and I apologize

he's not making a joke, actually

DeimosRising
Oct 17, 2005

¡Hola SEA!

Robot Style posted:

Sure, if by "escapes" he means "Wonder Woman cuts his drat head off, and it rolls to a stop at Darkseid's feet on the other side of the portal".

How did you all ignore this it loving rules

Did you guys do any work on this scene or just get storyboards or whatever

McCloud
Oct 27, 2005

Vintersorg posted:

I hope to god you're trolling because holy gently caress.

He's not, he's just dense. :sad:

Milkfred E. Moore posted:

he's not making a joke, actually

I can be a bit uncharitable towards CP but I def read that as a joke. The real gag of course is that Snyderchat cannot be contained :smug:

DeimosRising posted:

Wait, is Robot Style sitting on inside info here?!

DeimosRising
Oct 17, 2005

¡Hola SEA!

McCloud posted:

He's not, he's just dense. :sad:

I can be a bit uncharitable towards CP but I def read that as a joke. The real gag of course is that Snyderchat cannot be contained :smug:

Wait, is Robot Style sitting on inside info here?!

You should probably check out his post history in the thread, he did vfx on the movie

McCloud
Oct 27, 2005

DeimosRising posted:

You should probably check out his post history in the thread, he did vfx on the movie

The more I learn about Snyders vision the more horrified and upset I am by its sabotage.

Robot Style
Jul 5, 2009

DeimosRising posted:

The stuff on the other side of the portal was just previs, but a few shots of WW doing the decapitation were eventually repurposed into her smashing Steppenwolf's axe.

Violator
May 15, 2003

Dark_Tzitzimine posted:

-Jim Lee had drawn-up breakdown boards for a trilogy of films

Ahhh, someone else to harass endlessly to reveal more info.

Martman
Nov 20, 2006

CelticPredator posted:

My whole thing is you are all are very hostile and it is an issue on the forum.
no u

Blood Boils
Dec 27, 2006

Its not an S, on my planet it means QUIPS
Anyone got that "thinking bout that Snyder" pic? I need it

Roman
Aug 8, 2002

https://www.aintitcool.com/zack-snyder-army-of-the-dead-netflix-81664/

Snyder's next is ARMY OF THE DEAD, a heist movie set in Vegas during a zombie apocalypse. $90 million budget.

What happened to The Fountainhead?

Violator
May 15, 2003

Roman posted:

https://www.aintitcool.com/zack-snyder-army-of-the-dead-netflix-81664/

Snyder's next is ARMY OF THE DEAD, a heist movie set in Vegas during a zombie apocalypse. $90 million budget.

What happened to The Fountainhead?

Kinda feel like he’s going back to his roots and starting over. Renaming his production company, going outside WB, etc. Maybe making a movie about a misunderstood tortured artist (note: I’ve never read any Rand and this is probably a bad characterization of the book) isn’t the first impression he wants to make after everything that went down.

Or maybe that’s still at WB and WB passed on this project after 11 years so he wants to do this one to get his juices flowing on something big and nasty before doing a big character piece.

Roman
Aug 8, 2002

Violator posted:

misunderstood tortured artist (note: I’ve never read any Rand and this is probably a bad characterization of the book)
Yeah no Rand protagonist is ever "tortured." They are always hypercompetent and confident and trapped in a world of idiots. At worst they're just sad and annoyed at everyone not like them.

McCloud
Oct 27, 2005

Roman posted:

Yeah no Rand protagonist is ever "tortured." They are always hypercompetent and confident and trapped in a world of idiots.

So it'd be a bit too on the nose, even for Snyder, is what you're saying

wyoming
Jun 7, 2010

Like a television
tuned to a dead channel.
https://twitter.com/TheCollector198/status/1081423429532827648

Violator
May 15, 2003

Even if we don't get a Snyder cut, I'd be happy with a 300 page hard cover art book and 7-hour Never Sleep Again/Death of Superman-esque documentary about the whole ordeal. :colbert:

Tart Kitty
Dec 17, 2016

I almost feel like it’s an inevitability that DC will at the very least release a comic adaption of the Snyder Cut in the future.

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

Popular culture has passed you by.

Fart City posted:

I almost feel like it’s an inevitability that DC will at the very least release a comic adaption of the Snyder Cut in the future.

Monkey Paw-Wish Artist: Greg Land.

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours

Fart City posted:

DNW.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tart Kitty
Dec 17, 2016

Drawn by...

(shakes magic 8 ball)

Ethan Van Sciver. Well that should be non-controversial!