Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

I want Superman to have a mustache in this film, then return in the next film without one, only for the events of the masterpiece "La Moustache" to be carried out with Clark Kent's life spiraling into chaos

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

wdarkk
Oct 26, 2007

Friends: Protected
World: Saved
Crablettes: Eaten
EDIT: Wrong character.

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich
I just realized that after Cavill skipping the past two SDCC to build up hype, Variety just casually confirms Superman will have a significant role.

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

Megaman's Jockstrap posted:

Because management made the decision to put divisive auteurs with *big ideas* behind the camera and somehow expected them to produce easy, breezy, unchallenging mass-market products.

Then they flip out when they don't and start hacking.

Except in this case, the "divisive auteur" didn't get fired or have control taken away from him; he walked because his daughter killed herself.

Darko
Dec 23, 2004

Someone please please find me the old moviefight that compared Godzilla to Avengers. I'm making that comparison with that shot and other shots in the trailer.

The D in Detroit
Oct 13, 2012

this shot is really weirding me out for some reason

like he doesn't even look like himself

and I just noticed he's holding a cup

Sir Kodiak posted:

To the contrary, the problem is precisely that he looks like himself.

Yeah, that's a better way of putting it.

The D in Detroit fucked around with this message at 20:39 on Jul 24, 2017

RedSpider
May 12, 2017

I actually feel bad for DC. This movie is going to suck so hard.

Sir Kodiak
May 14, 2007

Timby posted:

Except in this case, the "divisive auteur" didn't get fired or have control taken away from him; he walked because his daughter killed herself.

It doesn't have to be entirely one or the other. He walked because the movie wasn't worth sticking with given his daughter's death. Yet he worked on it for months. I believe the family tragedy was a big part of it, but the movie being gradually taken away from him would also heighten the "not worth sticking with it" side of things. And I wouldn't expect him to mention the latter, given his overall good relationship with WB.

SleepCousinDeath posted:

To the contrary, the problem is precisely that he looks like himself.

Sir Kodiak fucked around with this message at 20:39 on Jul 24, 2017

Mr. Apollo
Nov 8, 2000

Some Whedon dialogue

https://twitter.com/joss/status/888836492696723457

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:

SleepCousinDeath posted:

this shot is really weirding me out for some reason

and I just noticed he's holding a cup

Yeah, that's a better way of putting it.

It's the kind of picture that shows you exactly how the person will look like when they're senior citizens

Also like everybody, everybody knows Superman will be in JL nut is this the first official acknowledgement that he'll be in it

LesterGroans
Jun 9, 2009

It's funny...

You were so scary at night.

Darko posted:

Someone please please find me the old moviefight that compared Godzilla to Avengers. I'm making that comparison with that shot and other shots in the trailer.

wdarkk
Oct 26, 2007

Friends: Protected
World: Saved
Crablettes: Eaten

Wow. Most of the movie fight Avengers shots weren't bad but that one looks awful. Like the ground is an infinite flat plane with no debris on it and the two buildings were CGIed in at the wrong angle.

Mr. Apollo
Nov 8, 2000

Calaveron posted:

Also like everybody, everybody knows Superman will be in JL nut is this the first official acknowledgement that he'll be in it
I guess having his logo in the centre of the JL poster wasn't a big enough hint.

Megaman's Jockstrap
Jul 16, 2000

What a horrible thread to have a post.

Timby posted:

Even before this, Snyder absolutely did get got on BvS. His version is 30 minutes longer and on Blu-Ray.

Every indication was that the suits didn't really care for his version of Justice League beyond the action scenes. They were already bringing Whedon in before he left.

If we're talking about David Ayer he absolutely got undercut. IIRC the company that cut the Suicide Squad trailer was editing his movie at one point.

Wonder Woman is the exception but Jenkins had the right mindset (a feel-good movie about a strong lady) to produce the kind of pablum they wanted.

It remains to be seen how any of their other movies - all of which are struggling to get out of the pre-production phase - will fair.

DrVenkman
Dec 28, 2005

I think he can hear you, Ray.

Megaman's Jockstrap posted:

Even before this, Snyder absolutely did get got on BvS. His version is 30 minutes longer and on Blu-Ray.

Every indication was that the suits didn't really care for his version of Justice League beyond the action scenes. They were already bringing Whedon in before he left.

If we're talking about David Ayer he absolutely got undercut. IIRC the company that cut the Suicide Squad trailer was editing his movie at one point.

Wonder Woman is the exception but Jenkins had the right mindset (a feel-good movie about a strong lady) to produce the kind of pablum they wanted.

It remains to be seen how any of their other movies - all of which are struggling to get out of the pre-production phase - will fair.

I think the only person who's had a relatively easy time of it so far is James Wan, but you could also argue he's the most successful filmmaker they have on their slate.

Equeen
Oct 29, 2011

Pole dance~

RedSpider posted:

I actually feel bad for DC. This movie is going to suck so hard.

Justice League's production is dealing with some annoying inconveniences... is the DCEU finished?!?!?!

Megaman's Jockstrap
Jul 16, 2000

What a horrible thread to have a post.
I mean, a Marvel-style quips-and-hugs movie with Snyder set-pieces is a step up, right? Right???

BravestOfTheLamps
Oct 12, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Lipstick Apathy
The two extremes of Whedon's flatness and Snyder's fantasia will combine to form a perfectly average movie.

sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

It's a Mad, Mad, Mad, MAD-2R World
Whedon peaked in like 2002, and has been sliding down the cinematic learning curve like the Banana Splits ever since.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

No, no, this is all wrong. Where's Shrek, and the blue power ranger?

DrVenkman
Dec 28, 2005

I think he can hear you, Ray.
It's kind of hilarious to me that Paramount has forced WB to spend a ton of money on digitally erasing a CG moustache instead of letting Cavill shave and just using a fake one.

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

fishing with the fam posted:

Come on. How do you not work the mustache into the movie somehow. What's so unpalatable about a mustachioed Supes?

When a Kryptonian dies their mustache continues growing. Lady Kryptonians also have their chin hair continue growing.

2028 is the year of the goateed Supergirl.

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours

DrVenkman posted:

It's kind of hilarious to me that Paramount has forced WB to spend a ton of money on digitally erasing a CG moustache instead of letting Cavill shave and just using a fake one.

Seriously, lol. Hollywood is so stupid. I just watched a feature length film with seamless ape pantomime, you could watch the hairs on Caesar's nutsack emote in real time, yet they can't just chromakey out a drat mustache.

Yaws
Oct 23, 2013

DrVenkman posted:

haha. I hope we get some deleted scenes where they couldn't be bothered to remove the facial hair.

This movie is going to be a disaster. Say what you will about MoS and BvS but those movies were made by a director with a very specific visual and tonal style. Whedon has nothing to offer but flat uninspired direction and awful awful quips.

And the departure of Hans Zimmer and Larry Fong is another nail in the coffin.

Jimbot
Jul 22, 2008

I don't know. Compared to Man of Steel, I didn't really feel the soundtrack in Batman v Superman. It has some great tracks, don't get me wrong, but Man of Steel is probably my favorite thing Hans Zimmer has ever done.

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving
trust that you'll find your way

Jimbot posted:

I don't know. Compared to Man of Steel, I didn't really feel the soundtrack in Batman v Superman. It has some great tracks, don't get me wrong, but Man of Steel is probably my favorite thing Hans Zimmer has ever done.

Agreed.

Equeen
Oct 29, 2011

Pole dance~
I was really looking forward to JunkieXL's JL soundtrack since I love his work on Mad Max: Fury Road, so I bummed that he left. Does anyone know if they're completely scrapping whatever music XL made, or if they're keeping some of it? I hoping it's the latter since it seems like an easy option and gives Elfman something substantial to work with.

wyoming
Jun 7, 2010

Like a television
tuned to a dead channel.
Three months out from release and they're still shooting?
RIP Justice League.

But seriously,

:rip:

wyoming
Jun 7, 2010

Like a television
tuned to a dead channel.

DrVenkman posted:

DC has a rich history of painting over mustaches.

Neo Rasa
Mar 8, 2007
Everyone should play DUKE games.

:dukedog:

wdarkk posted:

Wow. Most of the movie fight Avengers shots weren't bad but that one looks awful. Like the ground is an infinite flat plane with no debris on it and the two buildings were CGIed in at the wrong angle.

A lot of the Marvel movies do this where the terrain looks varied and fine from a distance but as it gets closer it's like Tekken where the characters are on an endless flat surface with stuff around them in the background.

Neo Rasa
Mar 8, 2007

wyoming posted:

Three months out from release and they're still shooting?
RIP Justice League.

But seriously,

:rip:

They were shooting stuff for Return of the King literally three weeks before the movie hit theaters and it won Best Picture for 2004. :laffo:

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

They should just leave the mustache alone and never explain it. Even as it disappears and reappears between shots.

Or just have someone playing Zatanna off screen yelling "echatsum ffo and echatsum no!"

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich
I don't understand why remove the moustache, a long haired, bearded Superman raising from the grave to kick rear end is such a rad visual.

They could even work it as a Jesus allegory :v:

Neo Rasa
Mar 8, 2007

If you destroy my mustache I shall rebuild it in three days time.

Mr. Apollo
Nov 8, 2000

Dark_Tzitzimine posted:

I don't understand why remove the moustache, a long haired, bearded Superman raising from the grave to kick rear end is such a rad visual.

Isn't that how he appears in the comics, with his black suit, after he returns from the dead?

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours

Dark_Tzitzimine posted:

Superman crawling out of his grave unkempt on Judgement Day would be a sick visual.

Mike N Eich
Jan 27, 2007

This might just be the year
A minor thing to focus on but what the heck is going on with Flash's suit? What's with all the wires and metal plates and poo poo, isn't he supposed to be fast and need like, a sleek, simple suit? It has more moving parts than any of the rest of them.

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:

Mike N Eich posted:

A minor thing to focus on but what the heck is going on with Flash's suit? What's with all the wires and metal plates and poo poo, isn't he supposed to be fast and need like, a sleek, simple suit? It has more moving parts than any of the rest of them.

Something something friction resistant plating

Sir Kodiak
May 14, 2007

Mike N Eich posted:

You try standing in the middle of a ball of lightning in a thin layer of spandex and see how you like it.

http://i.imgur.com/EFj6oap.gifv

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LesterGroans
Jun 9, 2009

It's funny...

You were so scary at night.

Mike N Eich posted:

No, a person who can't magically run fast would need a sleek, simple suit. The Flash could probably do his thing in a parka.