Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

wdarkk
Oct 26, 2007

Friends: Protected
World: Saved
Crablettes: Eaten
EDIT: Wrong character.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

wdarkk
Oct 26, 2007

Wow. Most of the movie fight Avengers shots weren't bad but that one looks awful. Like the ground is an infinite flat plane with no debris on it and the two buildings were CGIed in at the wrong angle.

wdarkk
Oct 26, 2007

I don't like Cyborg on the Justice League because I consider him an integral part of Teen Titans. Then again it's not like they're going to do a Teen Titans movie without Robin.

wdarkk
Oct 26, 2007

ImpAtom posted:

Cyborg is the superhero who has name recognition value and history while also being his own self-defined character and having no other versions. The Specter and Firestorm suffer from the latter, Steel and Batwing from the former. Amazing-Man and Bumblebee are characters who even DC comic fans would have trouble naming. I think Static is probably the best of that lineup and there are some issues going on with rights and so-on which seems like they make them shy away from him. He's also a pretty distinctive character, being a heavily tech-oriented superhero in a setting where most heroes are either powerless/gadget heroes or straight metahumans.

Cyborg on the other hand has been a part of Justice League stuff since... well, Superfriends at the earliest. He's a recognizable character who has appeared in a ton of different media and thanks to the Teen Titans cartoon is genuinely recognizable to a lot of casual fans. He's a really understandable choice just in that regards.

Isn't Static essentially electricity-Spider Man? Or is that only in the cartoon?

wdarkk
Oct 26, 2007

ImpAtom posted:

Plastic Man is effectively Cartoon Character Physics: The Character instead.

I'd describe him more as a Thing (from the movie The Thing) that's friendly. I'm trying to find that one Justice League Action short with the mobsters.

EDIT: Couldn't find the one I'm looking for, but in a live action movie some of this stuff would look body-horror.

wdarkk fucked around with this message at 01:55 on Nov 27, 2017

wdarkk
Oct 26, 2007

Old Kentucky Shark posted:

He's also Stephen King's favorite comic book character, not coincidentally.

Ha.

Here it is:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BdXFFATVQ68

In this short, a group of men go crazy and attack each other because they believe one of them or an inanimate object is a shapeshifting monster. Add some parkas and flamethrowers and what do you get?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

wdarkk
Oct 26, 2007

Jutsuka posted:

It sure doesn't show in his work. But then talk is cheap and empty rhetoric is certainly the hallmark of the kind of liberalism Whedon epitomizes.

There's a little of that in Serenity, with everyone believing that broadcasting the truth will inspire the masses to change society. But that's all talk, no show.