Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
boy are my arms tired
May 10, 2012

Ham Wrangler
I hit 40 and have burned through my dailies; what should I be focusing on? Heroics? Is there a specific way to do these for maximum chances at loot?

Also, healing in heroics/raids; Automatic won't get the job done, right? I'll have to actually move around and avoid stuff?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Illiterate Clitoris
Oct 24, 2011

Actually, most of the time it will. I started to outgear Heroic Raids and can completely auto them and even in my latest Chimeria clear did I only stop autoing the few seconds I had to do the tornado mechanics on last boss only to go back to auto the second I repositioned. Because honestly, 'heal lowest with ST and spam AOE' is enough to counter like 90% of the game. I'm not even sure I could do more DPS on the target itself than the instantly switching bot does. And the best thing is, through outgearing the bar on what you are able to sleep through is constantly growing. My kind of game.

The actual mechanic you have to watch out for is playing around team leaders yelling about auto-follow. :evilbuddy:

On another note, I'm still constantly learning about this game. Can't say they don't explain it, there's just so much of it. Just today I was wondering why people's talent level was so much higher than mine. I did every daily thing I could, didn't I? But then I discovered the daily max XP number in the upper left on the adventures tab. Turned out I was throwing away huge chunks of XP every day. Now I'm at 64/20 trial quests and still catching up.

Illiterate Clitoris fucked around with this message at 16:11 on Aug 11, 2017

Setset
Apr 14, 2012
Grimey Drawer
For boss healing I leave auto off because it is horrendous at using the AoE heal. Off until I need to AoE, then turn auto back on while it's on CD.

FistEnergy
Nov 3, 2000

DAY CREW: WORKING HARD

Fun Shoe
Healing is so much more fun than tanking or pewing.

FistEnergy
Nov 3, 2000

Fun Shoe

Illiterate Clitoris posted:

Actually, most of the time it will. I started to outgear Heroic Raids and can completely auto them and even in my latest Chimeria clear did I only stop autoing the few seconds I had to do the tornado mechanics on last boss only to go back to auto the second I repositioned. Because honestly, 'heal lowest with ST and spam AOE' is enough to counter like 90% of the game. I'm not even sure I could do more DPS on the target itself than the instantly switching bot does. And the best thing is, through outgearing the bar on what you are able to sleep through is constantly growing. My kind of game.

The actual mechanic you have to watch out for is playing around team leaders yelling about auto-follow. :evilbuddy:

On another note, I'm still constantly learning about this game. Can't say they don't explain it, there's just so much of it. Just today I was wondering why people's talent level was so much higher than mine. I did every daily thing I could, didn't I? But then I discovered the daily max XP number in the upper left on the adventures tab. Turned out I was throwing away huge chunks of XP every day. Now I'm at 64/20 trial quests and still catching up.

:stare: I have made a horrible mistake

MikoLovesYou
Nov 20, 2003

I came here tonight with my...self. Oh God.
Here are some notes from RedPanda clarifying the EXP Debuff:

quote:

Hi everyone,

I know there has been some confusion with the changes to our EXP bonuses and I am here to give an explanation. In order to help our newer players catch up, we have made some adjustments. The EXP bonuses are calculated based off a variety of factors: Character level, EXP reserves, and Talent EXP.

The lower your character level is compared to the server level, the greater the bonus, the same calculation applies if your character is above the server level (which shouldn't happen anymore, as the server level is at the cap of 45)

If you have a large amount of EXP reserves and your Character Level is still below the server level, it is a consideration for the calculation of the buff percentage until the EXP reserves has been depleted.

Your total Talent EXP, including the Talent EXP earned from converting EXP, is considered for the calculation as well. The more Talent EXP you have earned compared to the actual maximum Path level of the server is used in this calculation.

In essence, the closer you are to the possible maximum of Character Level and Talent EXP For the maximum Path level, the lower your EXP Buff, and a possible penalty.

There is an error message that appears if you are reaching the possibility of a penalty, and it will warn you as such.
Inline image 1

We know players have had a strategy of locking their character level and dumping the EXP to Talent EXP to level their Paths. This system helps ensure that players who are new can catch up to the more veteran players, but at the same time, make sure that when the players are catching up they do not pass the veteran players in total Talent EXP.

Which actually doesn't clarify anything at all ;-*

Setset
Apr 14, 2012
Grimey Drawer

MikoLovesYou posted:

Here are some notes from RedPanda clarifying the EXP Debuff:

Which actually doesn't clarify anything at all ;-*

Whatever you do, don't try to level your path more than a few times per level. I pumped ~6 path levels into my level 40, and now I'm at -1% exp bonus due to "leveling up too much. please go up a level"

e: level

FistEnergy
Nov 3, 2000

Fun Shoe
The lesson is, don't be a tryhard and think of ways to game the system

:justpost:

but Just Play

km2
Jul 27, 2012

Do you know whats the best path skill/rune upgrades to take for Mystic Shepard?

Currently level 40 with level 33 path.

cage-free egghead
Mar 8, 2004

FistEnergy posted:

The lesson is, don't be a tryhard and think of ways to game the system

:justpost:

but Just Play

I mean that's what I'm doing. I shouldn't be penalized for spending XP on my paths...? I'm not even looking at what half of the stuff in the paths do, I'm just leveling all of it. gently caress me, right?

Illiterate Clitoris
Oct 24, 2011

km2 posted:

Do you know whats the best path skill/rune upgrades to take for Mystic Shepard?

Currently level 40 with level 33 path.

Personally I feel like Warmth and Gentle Gaze are the best bang for your buck but I'm trying to keep everything more or less on the same level. I feel like every spell in our toolkit is useful and strong except maybe the Shield. Not sure if that one's much stronger than a regular direct heal?
Right now I have 37 in those two, 35 in the two on the right and both on the top are at 25 (mainly due to Magellana Emblem shortage). Through exponentially rising costs it balances itself out rather well.

Runes follow the same idea. Due to the rising costs it doesn't really make sense to specialize on a single imo, especially because we're talking 0.02 sec upgrades etc.

There are no hard numbers on this right now though, so take my opinion with a grain of salt.

Vulpes
Nov 13, 2002

Well, shit.

Personally I feel like Warmth and Gentle Gaze are the best bang for your buck but I'm trying to keep everything more or less on the same level. I feel like every spell in our toolkit is useful and strong except maybe the Shield. Not sure if that one's much stronger than a regular direct heal?
Right now I have 37 in those two, 35 in the two on the right and both on the top are at 25 (mainly due to Magellana Emblem shortage). Through exponentially rising costs it balances itself out rather well.

Runes follow the same idea. Due to the rising costs it doesn't really make sense to specialize on a single imo, especially because we're talking 0.02 sec upgrades etc.

There are no hard numbers on this right now though, so take my opinion with a grain of salt.

You can buy Magellana Emblems for 200k silver each in the 'Weekly Specials' section of the item mall. No reason not to max everything.

FistEnergy
Nov 3, 2000

Fun Shoe
I buff every talent/rune related to healing or shelding evenly, especially since the rune upgrade costs jump up at certain breakpoints and eventually start costing rare items.

Pryce
May 21, 2011
Joined the guild as Pryce. Neat game!

Variable Haircut
Jan 25, 2012

I NEED SCISSORS posted:

I've set up a discord. I don't know anything about managing one effectively, so happy to hand it over to someone else.

https://discord.gg/Pn7AvqP

Download the app and you can chat on your mobile as well. Much better than the lovely in-game stuff.

Discord link as

eggrolled
Mar 6, 2006

Have any of you folks who've been 40+ for a bit had success with pubbie heroics? I'm a PST pleb, so it's either late at night or I'm just AFK/autoing when events and stuff go on

I mean I figure I'll ask in guild for bodies at some point, but I'd actually like to see how a heroic goes before running a group with no idea how trash is pulled, etc (and subjecting goons to that ofc)

e: thanks, glad to hear that! ...I'm tired of em taking up my quest log :qq:

eggrolled fucked around with this message at 18:46 on Aug 13, 2017

FistEnergy
Nov 3, 2000

Fun Shoe
Pubbie Heroics are getting better. Usually you'll have success.

Meatgrinder
Jul 11, 2003

Te Occidere Possunt Sed Te Edere Non Possunt Nefas Est

FistEnergy posted:

Yup 200k silver in the Shop or buy in Guild Store. Either way it's cheap. There's efficient and inefficient ways to get most of the materials in the game...but the game doesn't explain it at all, really. Just poke around all the store menus and take note of ways to buy things without spending Gold or Gems. Grinding Altruism Medals with noobs in Scar is extremely profitable and easy to AFK!

Am I missing something here? I can only buy them for 500 altruism medals, there's none listed for silver anywhere.

Illiterate Clitoris
Oct 24, 2011

Meatgrinder posted:

Am I missing something here? I can only buy them for 500 altruism medals, there's none listed for silver anywhere.

Trade -> Item Mall -> Weekly Specials

Variable Haircut
Jan 25, 2012

Meatgrinder posted:

Weekly specials for 200,000 silver or guild warehouse for 1000 guild cookies (not recommended)

FistEnergy
Nov 3, 2000

Fun Shoe
What else is there to do with Guild Cookies other than crafting with Guild Blueprints?

Variable Haircut
Jan 25, 2012
Thought there were more options then gacha-gear and the path items. Path things might be the safe bet.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

Is guild space limited? If so, feel free to remove Rupertas from there, I never feel like playing anymore (heh, 'playing') and just uninstalled.

Vulpes
Nov 13, 2002

Well, shit.
It looks like more guild stuff unlocks to buy at higher guild levels, but I can't find a list anywhere. I'm just gonna save my tokens and see what turns up later.

Setset
Apr 14, 2012
Grimey Drawer

Variable Haircut posted:

Thought there were more options then gacha-gear and the path items. Path things might be the safe bet.

wait, there's gacha gear? do you mean the light of dawn equip?

Variable Haircut
Jan 25, 2012

Lube banjo posted:

wait, there's gacha gear? do you mean the light of dawn equip?

The equipment that can be forged in the guild workshop can be green, blue, purple, or orange (legendary).

Level 30 weapon blueprints that occasionally drop in dungeons and sold on the AH, also have a chance to be legendary.

I think light of dawn stuff is also gacha.

Daemonlasher
Dec 31, 2012

SOULS?
Paths dont give stats unless they're active right? You dont actually lose anything by not leveling side paths do you?

Variable Haircut
Jan 25, 2012

Daemonlasher posted:

Paths dont give stats unless they're active right? You dont actually lose anything by not leveling side paths do you?

Correct.

FistEnergy
Nov 3, 2000

Fun Shoe
I had my first Signature Goon Moment just now and I'm mad that I forgot to start recording. I was tanking a Heroic Scar Plains raid full of randos on Follow. 7/10 players wiped on the first boss, which is an easy fight and a horrible sign for ultimate success.

I started talking a little poop as we cleared the trash. The party leader and some other randos started arguing about whether to kick the AFKers but no one was actually doing anything. After a few minutes of staring at L'Meshtulon, I got fed up and said SOUNDS LIKE YALL NEED TO SACK UP and pulled the boss....while the previous auction was half over.

A bunch of dudes died right off the bat and started yelling and accusing each other of pulling. Meanwhile I kept tanking, while putting in bids on the Frost Hearts. No one else bid on them, because as it turns out you cannot bid if you're dead. I did not know this.

https://ibb.co/gz9BSF

I got them both for 1000g when they often go for 6-10k. The chat predictably erupted in cursing and yelling, with one guy spamming F UR SACK for a while as we cleared the raid. I just said 'big balls, baby' and quit the party like an idiot instead of taking chat screenshots.

Variable Haircut
Jan 25, 2012

FistEnergy posted:

I had my first Signature Goon Moment just now and I'm mad that I forgot to start recording. I was tanking a Heroic Scar Plains raid full of randos on Follow. 7/10 players wiped on the first boss, which is an easy fight and a horrible sign for ultimate success.

I started talking a little poop as we cleared the trash. The party leader and some other randos started arguing about whether to kick the AFKers but no one was actually doing anything. After a few minutes of staring at L'Meshtulon, I got fed up and said SOUNDS LIKE YALL NEED TO SACK UP and pulled the boss....while the previous auction was half over.

A bunch of dudes died right off the bat and started yelling and accusing each other of pulling. Meanwhile I kept tanking, while putting in bids on the Frost Hearts. No one else bid on them, because as it turns out you cannot bid if you're dead. I did not know this.

I got them both for 1000g when they often go for 6-10k. The chat predictably erupted in cursing and yelling, with one guy spamming F UR SACK for a while as we cleared the raid. I just said 'big balls, baby' and quit the party like an idiot instead of taking chat screenshots.

I haven't caused much drama, but I have been witness to numerous pubbie melt downs during the 25/40 man raids. My favorite was when the guild Echo or something tried to do Ash fort with 40 unorganized doods. I was listening in on their discord and a couple non English speaking players couldn't follow the simple mechanics. I didn't even mind the repair costs, listening to pubbies scream into their phones/computers was rad.

strange feelings re Daisy
Aug 2, 2000

FistEnergy posted:

No one else bid on them, because as it turns out you cannot bid if you're dead. I did not know this.

Haha this is glorious.

Lutha Mahtin
Oct 10, 2010

Your brokebrain sin is absolved...go and shitpost no more!

FistEnergy posted:

Meanwhile I kept tanking, while putting in bids on the Frost Hearts. No one else bid on them, because as it turns out you cannot bid if you're dead. I did not know this.

pro game design right here

Variable Haircut
Jan 25, 2012
Guild battle tonight, see you all there. Maybe? Probably not.

MikoLovesYou
Nov 20, 2003

Variable Haircut posted:

Guild battle tonight, see you all there. Maybe? Probably not.

Update: Definitely not

Update 2: The other guild had 1 member join the BG

GG all

MikoLovesYou
Nov 20, 2003

What is everyone doing to gear up? Once you run all your weekly heroics that you can reasonably complete, what's next? Is everyone just buying BPs and crafting? During the week this game gets a little slow once you do all your dailies.

FistEnergy
Nov 3, 2000

Fun Shoe
Save your daily courage medals to buy d1/d2 set items in the medal store.

Crafting won't get you higher than d0 (normal 5 man purples) unless you're using level 30 BPs and you get really lucky and craft a Legendary. And then you have to go through the expensive process of upgrading it.

FistEnergy fucked around with this message at 21:59 on Aug 17, 2017

binge crotching
Apr 2, 2010

You can kick AnimeTits, I got bored.

FistEnergy
Nov 3, 2000

Fun Shoe
Shameful.

MikoLovesYou
Nov 20, 2003

Some good advice in this thread by 0kills re: diamonds https://www.reddit.com/r/crusadersoflight/comments/6ucvl5/what_is_everyone_doing_to_gear_up_45/

quote:

nono. Start with lvl 40 blues, then start going for lvl 20 diamonds.
Only forge lvl 20 diamonds. they cost 13m silver equivalent (12m + 1m gem grinder). Everytime you replace a lvl 40 blue, dismantle it so you get a 1.6m back.
A lvl 40 diamond would cost 52m.
Once you get full lvl 20 set, you can craft more lvl 20 diamonds and replace the ones with bad stats. Keep in mind anything less than 1.1% on the bonuses = trade them on the jewel npc for a static 1.1% shard.
You can start making lvl 30 and lvl 40 diamonds once you have filled your whole equipment with lvl 20 ones.
Then once you have 13m * 12 or 156m worth of diamonds, you can convert the least powerful ones into lvl 20 mountains of light.
A lvl 20 mountain of light provides 1 % dmg and 1.6% crit (or overall a 2.6% increase in damage, which is better than the highest % you can get in any lvl 20 diamond).

Did not know this. I've been investing in lv40 gems this whole time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FistEnergy
Nov 3, 2000

Fun Shoe
I never even thought of going past level 40 blues. I just tried this out, and I bought out the level 20 green/blue gems I can buy today. I can polish this load into 3 purple lvl 20 gems and that's it. Now I'm out of materials. So am I stuck at a rate of 3/5 of a lvl 20 diamond per type per day, or is there another cheap source of polishing materials?

• Locked thread