Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Trampus
Sep 28, 2001

It's too damn hot for a penguin to be just walkin' around here.
Does it matter which faction I choose?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Variable Haircut
Jan 25, 2012

Trampus posted:

Does it matter which faction I choose?

No, we have a healthy mix of both in the guild.

Roid666
Jul 18, 2010
But the dark side is way cooler!

Sandwich Anarchist
Sep 12, 2008

Roid666 posted:

But the dark side is way cooler!

This is wrong

boy are my arms tired
May 10, 2012

Ham Wrangler
i rolled mage because i figured we'd need more healers but ive seen a lot of healer centric posts so maybe we need dps?

or maybe it doesn't matter woah

Tiny Chalupa
Feb 14, 2012
I hit 32 and i have really enjoyed tanking my way through the story and 5 mans.
I don't feel like I'm leveling as fast as i potentially could be but eh?

I do all the dailies and raids every day
Except the agitated elementals. Can't seem to get a group that does the quest correctly as they kill everything BUT the agitated that appear every 2 minutes

Anywho. Skills i use are:
Lava quake
Searing chains
Flaming sigil
Tempest rage

I am maxing out roar, veteran, gladiator heart and collapse every time i can.
So 15 in all of those currently, 10 in the last 2 skills

Long post for a rpg phone game but it's good. Tanky tanky

binge crotching
Apr 2, 2010

I have never been able to get into any of the raids or dungeons, all I've managed so far is the group quest thing where everyone sits on follow and the leader runs around doing 30 quests. For the dungeons and raids, do you guys just hit the auto-match button and wait?

Tiny Chalupa
Feb 14, 2012

binge crotching posted:

I have never been able to get into any of the raids or dungeons, all I've managed so far is the group quest thing where everyone sits on follow and the leader runs around doing 30 quests. For the dungeons and raids, do you guys just hit the auto-match button and wait?

I hit it and get in within..... Seconds.
I auto follow unless people are moving slow and I'll rush ahead and get the party going

FistEnergy
Nov 3, 2000

DAY CREW: WORKING HARD

Fun Shoe
Auto matching for Normal 5 mans usually takes 10-30 seconds unless you're underleveled. If you're a tank or healer it's more like 5-10 seconds.

And I'm leveling all my characters to 45 with Paths between 30 and 35 because 5 mans and Heroics have gotten me full Purple level 45 sets each time and I'm not gonna leave a full set of godliness just sitting there unused so I can :spergin: over paths

Edit: Oh!!! Really important point!!! You can only do TWO Reputation quests per day for Exp and Faction Rep. And the two you want to do are level 43 and above, because they unlock Cool Mounts for the cost of Silver and Necklaces which are very hard to get any other way. If you sit at 40 you'll get more Path Exp but you'll fall behind on Reps because the first 2 Reps max so quickly and leave nothing to do, and all the other good ones are late.

FistEnergy fucked around with this message at 22:47 on Aug 8, 2017

Illiterate Clitoris
Oct 24, 2011

By now I agree that staying low level for path XP was probably an uninformed starting assumption from the community. At least for Shepard the .5% upgrades I could get on a few select skills aren't nearly as imporant as unlocking all the max level activities and gear asap.

In other news I nearly managed to clear Chimaera's 2nd boss today. Alas, the two dangerous mechanics are still too much to overcome for the average pubbie. :v:

Illiterate Clitoris fucked around with this message at 22:12 on Aug 8, 2017

FistEnergy
Nov 3, 2000

Fun Shoe
I'm excited to try the harder raids but I'm putting it off for a bit while I fill out my 208 gear. I'm not bored with the content yet, so why rush?

Variable Haircut
Jan 25, 2012
Guild battles tonight, starting at 9 pm EST. There will be another bonfire event at 8:30. First fight is a 5v5, Fist or I will start recruiting during the bonfire, everyone over 25 is eligible but we will probably cherry pick some 40+s. Second fight is the fun PVP fight with cannons. Everyone is encouraged to go, it's entertaining.

Kegslayer
Jul 23, 2007

FistEnergy posted:

Edit: Oh!!! Really important point!!! You can only do TWO Reputation quests per day for Exp and Faction Rep. And the two you want to do are level 43 and above, because they unlock Cool Mounts for the cost of Silver and Necklaces which are very hard to get any other way. If you sit at 40 you'll get more Path Exp but you'll fall behind on Reps because the first 2 Reps max so quickly and leave nothing to do, and all the other good ones are late.

I wish there was more info about the game and how everything works instead of just relying on hearsay.

We should make a list of tips like how you can buy Magellan thingys/get free silver with guild contribution or why people do 3111 or the auto attack button or whatever.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

So you definitely have to "pay attention" more with the healer lol. It's cool and fun but it doesn't feel like the kinda class I can dick around with.

FistEnergy
Nov 3, 2000

Fun Shoe

Kegslayer posted:

I wish there was more info about the game and how everything works instead of just relying on hearsay.

We should make a list of tips like how you can buy Magellan thingys/get free silver with guild contribution or why people do 3111 or the auto attack button or whatever.

3111 is finally catching on with the masses. It means running Goblint for your first 3 raids of the day, then running each of the other 3 once. You gain full Exp for the first 3 raids of the day, and Goblint gives the most. You get loot drops for the first 6 raids of the day. If you just hit 40 and you're desperate for a weapon, I recommend running Goblint 3 times, then Altar 3 times. Those are the only two 5 mans that drop weapons.

zenemarch
Oct 20, 2012
Whoa that's really good information, thank you!

So, I'm in the guild as Kazzes, going to join as my ranger Dageera soon and probably on a warrior named Farisian.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Sooo I spent $5 because well why not. I got a sweet tiger mount!

I'm guessing that the mounts aren't account wide are they?

Variable Haircut
Jan 25, 2012
Video of Chimeria raid . I would like to give Chimeria another shot, this video goes over the details of the fight. That author has a few other explanation videos, for those that are curious.

We had some good effort yesterday. I do think our HP was a bit low over all; however, a third healer might be able to make up for that. The shop does have level 40 blue HP stones for 1.6 million silver that go a long way to increase survival, but they are a bit pricy when you need 6+ of them.

FistEnergy
Nov 3, 2000

Fun Shoe
Start with the level 30 blue stones. 800,000 per stone is much more affordable.

Tiny Chalupa
Feb 14, 2012
So there is a built in system to stop poop socking your way to max level right?
At 34 i seem to be able only grind out a level or 3 max. Do all the dailies, 5 man dungeons until i get the xp penalty, reputation quest
Looks like...nothing to do once i hit that wall? Am i missing something?

Maybe I'll work on a ranger

Sandwich Anarchist
Sep 12, 2008

Tiny Chalupa posted:

So there is a built in system to stop poop socking your way to max level right?
At 34 i seem to be able only grind out a level or 3 max. Do all the dailies, 5 man dungeons until i get the xp penalty, reputation quest
Looks like...nothing to do once i hit that wall? Am i missing something?

Maybe I'll work on a ranger

You're right. Gotta remember this is a mobile game, it isn't designed to poopsock on like a pc mmo.

Daemonlasher
Dec 31, 2012

SOULS?
Guys want to try to get heroics done tonight since they reset? I'll try to get a party going after all the timed events.

Variable Haircut
Jan 25, 2012
I will go if you need the warm bodies.

Also, guild quests were reset as well. Pay your taxes, tia.

FistEnergy
Nov 3, 2000

Fun Shoe
Today's update gives you a bonus XP rate if your Talent Tree is behind the server average, similar to the XP bonus for being at a lower level than the server. There's zero reason to hold back at level 40 now.

Tiny Chalupa
Feb 14, 2012
I shot from 34 to 39 today
Actually ran out of skill xp but I'm still focusing only on the Gladiator tree.
I have the sub paths at 20 and the Gladiator perk itself 25
Rune upgrades strictly in the skills i use

That's a lot of words.basically game feels slightly deeper then i was honestly expecting. I'll try some more raids today, although I'm already at the point where xp is basically nothing, for gearing purposes
Might try my first heroic and work on a ranger danger

Variable Haircut
Jan 25, 2012

FistEnergy posted:

Today's update gives you a bonus XP rate if your Talent Tree is behind the server average, similar to the XP bonus for being at a lower level than the server. There's zero reason to hold back at level 40 now.

39s, maybe 40s, get 900% xp bonus. 45s get 200% iftheir path level is low enough.could still be worthwhile to hang back a couple days.

Daemonlasher
Dec 31, 2012

SOULS?
Honestly, even though Fang (Warrior) is better for PvP, I haven't bothered touching it because main tanking lets you carry so many heroic pub raids if you face the boss away from the raid and give people simple rundown of mechanics. I reckon there will be more than enough time and days I spend at cap level / tank path exp at a certain point that I can level alt paths once I've hit the wall

Daemonlasher
Dec 31, 2012

SOULS?
Since we have a fair bit of players hitting >40

If you find you're hitting a gear wall or are unsure of how to spend your silver, look no further than embedding and polishing gems.
Make sure to do your agitated elementals / leaders every day and try to find a group that does higher difficulties. Disassemble gems you dont use and don't worry because they return for 100% of purchase cost.
Buy lv 20 gems and polish them up to diamonds, reason being you can afford 4 lv 20 diamonds for the price of 1 lv 40 and you'll need to dismantle diamonds after a certain point anyways for sparkling diamonds.

edit: For reference, the lv 20 diamond gives 14 dmg and the lv 40 diamond gives 24, Each lv 20 diamond will also give a straight up + % Damage modifier 0.5-2.5% which doesn't change. For best in slot gems, lv 40 sparkling diamonds are really far off and require close to 60 something million silver.

Daemonlasher fucked around with this message at 22:53 on Aug 9, 2017

Variable Haircut
Jan 25, 2012
There is some information running around right now that you can get a Legendary weapon from the level 30 weapon scrolls. I don't know if it is true or not; however, tier 3 material and weapon blue prints are going for insane prices right now. If you have a level 30 weapon scroll sitting in your bank, sell that poo poo off (or play the lotto, don't do this).

Variable Haircut
Jan 25, 2012
Anyone not able to log in?

FistEnergy
Nov 3, 2000

Fun Shoe
I confirmed it through testing. You get 3 normal Raids per day for loot and experience, then you become exhausted. You get double the loot and I think double the Exp though, so it's nice to be done in half the time. I was regularly getting 4 items per boss. You have to pick your Raid carefully based on the pieces you need most, since you only have 3 shots per day.

Dead Nerve
Mar 27, 2007

Variable Haircut posted:

There is some information running around right now that you can get a Legendary weapon from the level 30 weapon scrolls. I don't know if it is true or not; however, tier 3 material and weapon blue prints are going for insane prices right now. If you have a level 30 weapon scroll sitting in your bank, sell that poo poo off (or play the lotto, don't do this).

Sweet thanks for the heads up, weapon scroll sold for the highest price even with cheaper ones in the auction.

Setset
Apr 14, 2012
Grimey Drawer
really gotta watch that XP bar if you're trying to stay at 40. from 38-40 in about 6 parts of a trial run. holy cow

how much should I list this ~30 ranger wep for? i put 20k gold for my first just to see if it will sell

Setset fucked around with this message at 11:51 on Aug 10, 2017

rotaryfun
Jun 30, 2008

you can be my wingman anytime
Can someone please explain how the HP and MP reserve system works?

Setset
Apr 14, 2012
Grimey Drawer

rotaryfun posted:

Can someone please explain how the HP and MP reserve system works?

if you run out, you won't regen any HP or MP after battles. it's an old f2p roadblock to keep the heavy farmers under control a little bit

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

Daemonlasher posted:

Since we have a fair bit of players hitting >40

If you find you're hitting a gear wall or are unsure of how to spend your silver, look no further than embedding and polishing gems.
Make sure to do your agitated elementals / leaders every day and try to find a group that does higher difficulties. Disassemble gems you dont use and don't worry because they return for 100% of purchase cost.
Buy lv 20 gems and polish them up to diamonds, reason being you can afford 4 lv 20 diamonds for the price of 1 lv 40 and you'll need to dismantle diamonds after a certain point anyways for sparkling diamonds.

edit: For reference, the lv 20 diamond gives 14 dmg and the lv 40 diamond gives 24, Each lv 20 diamond will also give a straight up + % Damage modifier 0.5-2.5% which doesn't change. For best in slot gems, lv 40 sparkling diamonds are really far off and require close to 60 something million silver.

This is good info, thanks. I just bought up a bunch of gems on the market last night and that has buffed me quite a bit, I didn't really know the deal with polishing and diamonds and whatnot so this is super helpful.

I NEED SCISSORS
Dec 6, 2004

Ask me about "probable reason" or whatever you call that thing.
I've set up a discord. I don't know anything about managing one effectively, so happy to hand it over to someone else.

https://discord.gg/Pn7AvqP

Download the app and you can chat on your mobile as well. Much better than the lovely in-game stuff.

MikoLovesYou
Nov 20, 2003

I came here tonight with my...self. Oh God.
In as DonpineApple. Coming out of like a 6 year retirement to post this

FistEnergy
Nov 3, 2000

Fun Shoe

MikoLovesYou posted:

Welcome!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

MikoLovesYou posted:

Holy poo poo, you aren't kidding :stare:

• Locked thread