Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Caphi
Jan 6, 2012

INCREDIBLE
The Reflection is the new Stan Lee anime. I liked Heroman but this one seems like it might be very different. It's got a weird, interesting visual style and what might be a plot that's going places. I'm interested.

Three years ago, the titular global event happened, killing a bunch of people and leaving the survivors ("Reflected") with random superpowers. The details are a lot of mystery surrounding the event itself, the main heroes, and the agenda of a bunch of shameless supervillains. There's more detail I guess but we'll find out what it all means, probably?

Main characters, probably:
(Names subject to update)

X-ON
Powers: Copies other powers by touch.
Mysterious.

Ian "I-Guy" Izett
Powers: Converts the sound of voices to kinetic energy, which powers his Iron Man suit.
Rock superstar by day, Superman by night. Lives in L.A.

Eleanor Evards
Powers: Short range teleporting.
Reporter, hacker, following X-On. Honestly the main protagonist so far.

Lisa Livingston
Powers: Her wheelchair turns into a giant robot.
Wasn't really in the first episode. Seems cool though.

9nine
The girl group 9nine, who sing the ending credits, voicing themselves as random civilian girls keeping up with the action from Japan. I dunno what the point is or why they're on the character list.

It's on Crunchyroll!

Caphi fucked around with this message at 20:10 on Jul 24, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Caphi
Jan 6, 2012

INCREDIBLE
I'm pretty sure it's meant to be I-Guy because his superhero alliterative name starts with I's.

Caphi
Jan 6, 2012

INCREDIBLE
I like weird shows sometimes. The first episode of 18if turned me right off, though.

Caphi
Jan 6, 2012

INCREDIBLE
It owns that all of I-Guy's stupid fourth wall background effects in the fight were diegetic and deliberately orchestrated by a team of effects hackers.

• Locked thread