Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

pram posted:

osx is finally getting the worlds most advanced desktop filesystem :woop:

it will legit help storage efficiency. that duplicate detecting behavior makes for some clever consolidation without explicit shared libraries being required for boilerplate frameworks as well as things like copies of folders

Phoenixan posted:

who's going to be the first to use a beta file system in full production?

its been in full production since ios 10 though :confused:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

carplay apple maps is finally getting its poo poo together with lane marking and speed limit displaying, on par with decent and integrated gps maps in vehicles and i think android auto

its not the best cutting edge feature wise but the ease of use and full integration make it good. this next release should go a decent way to smoothing out that wrinkle and make it a good basic native maps solution

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

if they added elective local maps caching like google thatd be great, it might cache automatically but id be hard pressed to tell since i get the occasional tile when plugging in a destination in my car

• Locked thread