Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Weaving Merry Christmas magic
I finally got around to getting this installed to giving it a shot :confuoot: Are most goons on Ship 2, or...?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MR. J
Nov 22, 2011

Chuck and Fuck
Yeah, the goon team is on ship 2 along with the majority of the western community.

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Capital. Now to wait for the maintenance to end so I can actually set about getting myself situated!

MR. J
Nov 22, 2011

Chuck and Fuck
People (goon guildies and otherwise) are usually active in the discord linked in the OP any time of the day, and will help you with any questions.

Tuxedo Catfish
Mar 17, 2007

You've got guts! Come to my village, I'll buy you lunch.
Anyone got a guide to unsubscribing from their mailing list? I played this game like three years ago and have long since forgotten what password I used.

Carmant
Nov 23, 2015

Treadmill? What's that? Is that some kind of cake?

Tuxedo Catfish posted:

Anyone got a guide to unsubscribing from their mailing list? I played this game like three years ago and have long since forgotten what password I used.

Reply to one of the emails with the word "stoppu"

NextTime000
Feb 3, 2011

bweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
<----------------------------
most automatic email services have an unsubscribe link at the bottom, but I'm not sure if you still need to login to fully utilize it

worst case if you can't get it to stop you can just tell your email program to send stuff from that address directly to the trash

NextTime000
Feb 3, 2011

bweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
it's the 2nd of the month over in Japan (in 2 hours from this post) so that means it's PSO2 day!

pso2 day posted:

Boost Event:
2x Earned FUN
+100% EXP Boost
+1 Login Stamp Bonus
+100% Rare Drop Boost
+100% Gathering Fever Occ. Rate
Login Presents:
22 Star Gem Ticket (x2)
Bonus Key Tokyo [Gold]
basically just log in and get that tokyo gold key; then use it since there's a 100% exp boost. don't forget the team tree exp boost too!

NextTime000
Feb 3, 2011

bweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
I didn't realize I had an old and abandoned ability affixing simulator linked in the OP, I updated it to a new one

here's the up-to-date one: http://pso2affix.seilent.net/#!/s=&1=&2=&3=&4=&5=&r=&o=
also here's an ability transfer/recipe spreadsheet I made a little while ago: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1x8bN2DCYckX__Slcxpo7OKqUYMK0RqfPlna5qdz6bt4/edit?usp=sharing

MR. J
Nov 22, 2011

Chuck and Fuck
Maybe put your blog post about advanced affixing, too. :v:

lets burn
Nov 2, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

Gyaru posted:

How do I get my hands on this obviously amazing game?

I was also intrigued by Phantasy Boobs Online 2. PBO2

Hypocrisy
Oct 4, 2006
Lord of Sarcasm

At long last, after all this waiting, the announcement we've been waiting for!

Now you can play PSO2 on the Switch.

THE FUCKING MOON
Jan 19, 2008
I wonder if just downloading it from the JP Nintendo Store will be good enough to play it on a US console. I've played PSO2 enough that swapping the English patch for portability doesn't seem like such a bad trade.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.
It's basically Remote Play so uh, I wouldn't expect it to work well at all outside of Japan.

Reco
Feb 26, 2011

enemy one body to the proximity Zan attack discard the power slap hit.
It's like PSO2 except you need to be a clairvoyant to play properly

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.

THE loving MOON posted:

I wonder if just downloading it from the JP Nintendo Store will be good enough to play it on a US console. I've played PSO2 enough that swapping the English patch for portability doesn't seem like such a bad trade.

The Switch is region free and there are plenty of people who live in places like video game extortion land (Australia) who use US accounts to buy and download games. Some people downloaded games like Puyo Puyo Tetris from the Japanese store on to their US/EU Switches as well.

NextTime000
Feb 3, 2011

bweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
It's a week before October's PSO2 Day so start saving any bonus keys you earn for then; and get that extra 100% exp boost for them

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

http://bumped.org/psublog/sept-27th-2017-balance-changes/
There's been a great big throbbin' update!

No, Hero has not been nerfed or removed, stop asking

Soulfucker
Feb 15, 2012

i,m going to kill myself on friday #wow #whoa
Fun Shoe
Started playing this relatively recently, game is good with other goons:

That is all.

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

:laffo:
This is a good game and goons make it better.

NextTime000
Feb 3, 2011

bweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
October's PSO2 day starts in less than 10 minutes, even if you didn't save up bonus keys you still get a free Tokyo Gold key just for logging in! be sure to take advantage of it!

Soulfucker
Feb 15, 2012

Fun Shoe
Crossposting our latest idea for making Deus drop his 13*s:

NextTime000
Feb 3, 2011

bweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
http://pso2.jp/players/event/autumn/ingame/live/

there's a 100% rare drop/exp boost week scheduled from the 18th to the 25th, we probably should get together and do something on like, Saturday the 21st or the day after

Maximum Chenergy
Aug 30, 2007

Its black mist swallows all.

NextTime000 posted:

http://pso2.jp/players/event/autumn/ingame/live/

there's a 100% rare drop/exp boost week scheduled from the 18th to the 25th, we probably should get together and do something on like, Saturday the 21st or the day after

Sounds like a good time to plan a treedad/moonmom trigger party.

NextTime000
Feb 3, 2011

bweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
https://www.patreon.com/psublog bumped upgraded to a more expensive web host, while they seem to have the basic costs covered now, it'd be nice if they could afford to go ad-free.

that and if there was one part of the English community I would feel no reservations for throwing money at, it would be Ricardo

NextTime000
Feb 3, 2011

bweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-nJPNtJmIEs&t=60s

http://www.bumped.org/psublog/unleash-the-darkness-within-through-the-power-of-the-dark-blast/

here comes the dark blast update

I'm betting the Omega Hunar emergency buster quest is going to be a trainwreck; The dark blast weapon collection files might work on super hard, since the enemies will be level 75 there, so people might wind up skipping extra hard for a while just to run super hard for consistent clears. Extra hard is going to require 80/80, so whenever people do feel comfortable running extra hard (even if people stick to XH right out of the gate anyway) I take it that super hard will turn into a twisted hellscape of failed runs. Also since they said the file weapons here are related to Dark Blasts, I doubt people will be interested in doing the files much beyond just grabbing a single copy of the gunslash depending on what it does to them, unless you need a weapon of one of those types or the SAF is really good.

MR. J
Nov 22, 2011

Chuck and Fuck
but muh 14 star

NextTime000
Feb 3, 2011

bweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
http://www.bumped.org/psublog/pso2-station-13-recap/

Dev stream from this morning:

first off they are doing extra stuff for next week's +100% EXP and RDR boosts:

quote:

Enemy Boost Week (10/18 ~ 10/25) (On top of the +100% EXP & Rare Drop Boosts)

Profound Invasion
Enemy Buffs (Extra Hard Only)
Enemy HP +500%
Enemy ATK +100%
★14 Weapons and Camos such as [*Coat Edge], etc, will drop.
★13 Ray Weapon Series

Ultimate Quest Amduscia
Enemy HP: +150%
Enemy ATK: +100%
★14 Weapons
★12 unit [Rear / Weila Board]
★13 Gix Series Drop Rate UP!
Added Craft Items [Custom Type 1 +60%] etc.
so I guess that's something to do next week; Weila Board is probably the best Rear unit in the game for now so I would consider that worth chasing.

November's first update will start a collab event with a Japanese gaming website/magazine "Dengeki! Polytan Carnival"
it'll work like last year's Famitsu Cup event. there's an EQ and you get an exchange item from it, you can use it to get stuff from an exchange shop.
There will be a full set of collection files associated with the EQ; going to have to wait and see what those weapons do though.
AC Scratch will have "Vehicle" themed outfits and parts. the men's layer wear is basically something from Kamen Rider

Late November update:
Dead or Alive 5 collab AC Scratch, also some cast parts from Phantasy Star Nova
The regular Buster Quests will be updated to have Omega Darkers, and occasional Omega Hunars.
Buster Medal As will be retired for Buster Medal Bs. :siren:Be sure to spend your Medal As before November 22nd!:siren:

Finally, they gave us a roadmap for what's ahead:

quote:

December:
New Opening Movie Added
Episode 5 Story Quest Chapter 3
Seasonal LIVE Concert (Our Fighting Christmas Ver)
New SG Scratch
Omnibus Quest Episode 3
Battle Arena Update (a lot of the stuff in the battle coin shop right now is set to expire mid-december)
Special Ability Affixing System Expansion (might only be the ability re-organizer thing they have mentioned recently)
12 Player Raid Boss [Erythron Dragon]

New Years:
WEB Event [ARKS New Year Carnival]
Omega New Field: The Enchanted Forest?
Breakthrough Type Quest: Limited Event
Fight Demons and Devil Castles without Defensive Elements
Annihilation Type Quest: Limited Event
Raid Boss [Rematch Quest]
New Bonus Quest

I forget what those quest types mean; I think "Breakthrough" was used to describe the 5th anniversary quests though.
the enchanted forest area looks more like an area I would expect to see from this game, kinda wish the buster quest fields were more colorful like that

NextTime000
Feb 3, 2011

bweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
it's also the final week for Deus's collection files; so if you still had something to finish there you better bust your butt

NextTime000
Feb 3, 2011

bweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
right also I still am not 100% on headcount for the EQ trigger party thing on Saturday, if we are even doing it on Saturday or if there was a better day for some people like Sunday maybe, or even what time we were going to get together. I think some people might have talked about it on discord while I was asleep or away or something, but I must have missed it or something. Maybe post here about if you can make it or what times are good for you, if you got friends it'll be fine to invite them, but if we get too many people team members will take priority.

I got like three deus triggers, and at least one white day and valentines trigger still; and I'm sure some of the other people playing regularly got a stock of EQ triggers to use as well, so don't worry too much if you don't have an EQ trigger to contribute. There's a good chance we might not even get to use them all.

oh yeah also Profound Invasion triggers are not boosted like the EQ ones this week for no good reason, so don't bother buying those.

Combat Lobster
Feb 18, 2013

I can do Saturday and/or Sunday, and I have 1 deus to drop.

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

Sunday would be best for me

Soulfucker
Feb 15, 2012

Fun Shoe
Can do Saturday/Sunday depending on times, I'm contributing with Profound Darkness triggers instead of the poo poo everyone wants. :v:

MR. J
Nov 22, 2011

Chuck and Fuck
I think Sunday would work best on my part.

Hypocrisy
Oct 4, 2006
Lord of Sarcasm

The story of PSO2 still cracks me up. I finally wrapped up my matter boards and the end of Episode 3 is like...

The Profound Darkness is on the loose! Persona is trapped in an unending hell! We need to do something!

And then episode 4 starts and I see "2 years later". drat, ARKs are really bad at...everything.

Saagonsa
Dec 29, 2012

Episode 4 being a literal filler arc was always funny to me. It has pretty much everything, nothing to do with any of the story that came before or after it, a bunch of new characters who will never be brought up again, and a retread of plot lines/locations from previous arcs.

InspectorCarbonara
Jul 2, 2010

Evening, patrolmaaan.

Saagonsa posted:

Episode 4 being a literal filler arc was always funny to me. It has pretty much everything, nothing to do with any of the story that came before or after it, a bunch of new characters who will never be brought up again, and a retread of plot lines/locations from previous arcs.
Hey, Episode 4 had the extremely important plot point of showing ARKs that if you think about it hard enough you can make a magic sword that destroys evil and that’s how they will defeat the Profound Darkness.

For real though I can forgive Episode 4’s dumb story just for giving us Borderless, the Las Vegas music, and the night time Tokyo music.

Soulfucker
Feb 15, 2012

Fun Shoe
Crossposting from the discord:

NextTime000
Feb 3, 2011

bweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
dark blast is good

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hypocrisy
Oct 4, 2006
Lord of Sarcasm

Dark Blast is pretty fun once you get some upgrades into it. When you first get it, it feels a bit eh.

The new EQ is my first experience with Buster Quests. They are remarkably stressful.