Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

omg chael crash
Jul 8, 2012

Macys paid for this. Noodle Boy and Bonby are bad at video games and even worse friends.

Has Adult Cool killed everyone in this game yet?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Too Poetic
Nov 28, 2008

I installed the English patch with PSO2Tweaker but all the items are still in Japanese. Is there a translation for them? Looks like it used to be something you could do at least.

Edit: Never mind, I did find it

Too Poetic fucked around with this message at 20:03 on Jan 26, 2018

Batterypowered7
Aug 8, 2009

The mist that chills you keeps me warm.

So I installed the game four years ago, made a HUmar, got to about level fourteen, and just stopped playing. I thought I'd give this another whirl and start fresh. Any suggestions for a noobie doobie, outside of joining the Discord? Can I just treat this like I treated PSO on the Gamecube?

NextTime000
Feb 3, 2011

bweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
<----------------------------
you probably want to run whatever quests you just unlocked, and whenever Koffie has new client orders, you should probably do those too. The Arks Road thing should also show you what you need to look at too; but it gets a little unintuitive when it gets to the crafting section, because it just points you to one of the block-changing teleporters to tell you to go to your room to do this stuff, but it wont show you where you need to go once you are in your room.

Batterypowered7
Aug 8, 2009

The mist that chills you keeps me warm.

Does PSO2 have stuff like Soul Eater scythe quest line from the first PSO? Like, are there quests I can pick up from the guild counter that'll advance the story and subplots? I don't remember anything from when I played PSO2 the first time, so this'll all be on a new character, too.

Reco
Feb 26, 2011

enemy one body to the proximity Zan attack discard the power slap hit.
Don't come into pso2 expecting it to be "pso, but 2". It's a sequel in name only after being filtered through multiple iterations of another game (I think it was even originally called PSU2 internally)

The story is very controlled and progressed through a board of cutscenes and story quests

Edit: Although there are people playing on Ephinea in the discord if you just wanted to do that too :v:

MR. J
Nov 22, 2011

Chuck and Fuck
They're soon axing the old method to progress the stories of episodes 1 to 3.
Once you progress far enough in episode 5's story content (find the teleporter to the ship bridge to do so) you unlock the omnibus quest which is episode 1-3 with a lot of the filler trimmed down.

NextTime000
Feb 3, 2011

bweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
http://www.bumped.org/psublog/pso2-station-17-recap/

Early March update is basically just AC Scratch and White Day stuff

Late March update has some new Extreme Quests (the same quest, but with party and solo modes), and bunch of minor features for Premium users

They are starting up a thing to make the Episode 4 14* weapons more available; increased droprates across the board, and various EQs and Campaigns will give out a new rock you can exchange for them if you manage to not find the one you want before you amass 500 of these rocks. this is cool and all but I feel like we need some content where we actually need that amount of power to be the norm...

Also the [Loser] Dark Blast form will be coming out in April
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6Hw6cm2-brU

MR. J
Nov 22, 2011

Chuck and Fuck
Some people can argue that Atrum warrants that kind of power.

Also at a rate of 0-2 drops per EQ, it's going to be a looooooooooong time before people start buying their unicorns. filthy multishippers

We're mostly due for a new difficulty. XH has been the norm for over 2 episodes now.

Ardeem
Sep 16, 2010

There is no problem that cannot be solved through sufficient application of lasers and friendship.
First they need to invent a new level cap or gate to keep filthy casuals like myself from getting in.

NextTime000
Feb 3, 2011

bweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
atrum's difficulty feels more like a skill-check than a gear-check; not that I think the whole "you get hit once and you are basically dead or about to be dead (unless you got automate) and you can only slip up three times" is a good skill check; its a bad one, but the opportunities you get to actually whale on him without fear that he could just gently caress off to the other side of the map at any moment are pretty few. like I would call Deus more of a gear check; yeah he's mostly untargetable until after one of the two attacks that ends with him giving you an opening, but he does that a lot more often than you get to attack dragon's head

Saagonsa
Dec 29, 2012

I still maintain that atrum is not nearly as lethal as people make him out to be if you just invest a little bit into defensive options... which nobody does

MR. J
Nov 22, 2011

Chuck and Fuck
You mean I can't get by everything on only 700HP???

All those idiots screaming "git gud" with their 200+PP builds are likely the people you see kiss the floor 3+ times in your EQs.

NextTime000
Feb 3, 2011

bweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
that reminds me that I remember hearing somebody mention using S1: Double-Edged Sword like it's the preferred thing to do :madmax:

NextTime000
Feb 3, 2011

bweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
I live for moments like this

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

NextTime000 posted:

I live for moments like this

hahahah

MR. J
Nov 22, 2011

Chuck and Fuck
Let the anger sprinkle on you like the salt it is.

Molestationary Store
May 21, 2007

Ardeem posted:

First they need to invent a new level cap or gate to keep filthy casuals like myself from getting in.

All 'normal' classes (everything but Hero, basically) are getting their cap increased to 85 at some point in the fairly near future, I don't remember exactly when.

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

So apparently there's a TCG for this coming out soon, not sure who asked for that or why. If you want to know how to play, there's a handy quick reference guide right here: https://mega.nz/#!gr5x2TwS!wd8P3YZGOoGsiYRWZQ94-tE1mBVxUyzhWaKF7bfTAyc

Ardeem
Sep 16, 2010

There is no problem that cannot be solved through sufficient application of lasers and friendship.

Dabir posted:

So apparently there's a TCG for this coming out soon, not sure who asked for that or why. If you want to know how to play, there's a handy quick reference guide right here: https://mega.nz/#!gr5x2TwS!wd8P3YZGOoGsiYRWZQ94-tE1mBVxUyzhWaKF7bfTAyc

Like, actual cardboard cards or or another cellphone game?

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

I believe it's going to be physical cards, no phone game.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.
I might just play Ep 3 instead and pretend Lisa and Huey are in it.

It even has ARKZ! :v:

NextTime000
Feb 3, 2011

bweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
The monthly PSO2 Station/Developer stream was this morning, here's the recap from bumped.org:

http://www.bumped.org/psublog/pso2-station-18-recap/

Mid-April update:

AC Scratch: RE:Zero collab, with a couple outfits from Phantasy Star Universe/PSP2i tossed in for good measure

Emergency Quest: Omega Falz Loser
Luther got Back on His Bullshit and now we gotta clean up after him.
Omega Loser will mix things up by changing what speed-mode he's using mid-attack

Omega Loser will feature a new Collection File for a themed set of weapons that I assume will work like the Detonation weapons: Loser themed, they build the Dark Blast meter 20% faster, boosted damage as the meter fills, and extends the time of the Loser Dark Blast when you use it with one of these weapons equipped. Weapons cover Partisan, Jet Boots, Talis, Katana, and Gunslash; unknown how these weapons will cover fighter, ranger, gunner, and summoner through off-class equips.

New 14★ weapons from Big Bird are a Dagger (that already exist as a 13★ Jet Boot), Talis (looks like Prophets of Motav NT to me...), Launcher (which looks like a recolor of the Yasminkov 4000F that hasn't been in the game for even a year yet), and another Dual Blade (looks like an original design, similar to the Partisan and Boots that Etherion Dragon drops)

Speaking of the Loser Dark Blast, that'll go in with this update too.
Compared to the brawler Elder Blast, Loser Blast will focus on aerial maneuvering and long-range attacks.

Late April update:

AC Scratch: Item Design Winners 5 Side A: the first half of the winners from the 5th Anniversary's Item Design contest are going in.

Easter Event:
The Bingo Card this time will feature an item you can exchange to the new ARKS Handbook NPC Leontina to get a free Ray-series weapon; 60% light, and pre-ground to +30 so new/returning players can use it right away! Endgame players can get a bunch more Ray weapons from the 2018 Badge exchange shop so they can finish the weapon and put Astral Soul on something else without needing the resources to grind the weapon as much.
The new Easter EQ is set in Las Vegas: Deus ESC-A has risen, and that's a problem we gotta fix.
Easter Files seem to be recolors of a few of the weapons from Las Vegas; but it is currently unknown if they will use similar potentials to their older versions... only covers Dual Blades, TMGs, Rod, and Wand, with a whole bunch of egg files for Summoners!
The quest itself can also drop the Red Rappy Suit Mini, and a 14★ Wired Lance???

Also they remembered they forgot to add the Kuron Advanced Quest, so they'll have an ARKS Rally Boost thing to go with it, dropping the Alta-series talis to complete the series that the previous two rally boosts started with a sword and tmg.

New Roadmap:

Finally, it seems like the Switch release (on april 4th) might have been why they have been so tight-lipped about the roadmap since November or something, since they now finally gave us a new one with somewhat more detailed layout that we're used to.
Early Summer
Level 85 Cap for Standard Classes
New Skill, PA, and Technics
Enchanted Forest for Omega
Added new enemies
EP5 Chapter 4
New Collaboration Live Event
New Collaboration Scratch
Summer
PSO2 6th Anniversary WEB Event
Event Limited Quest
New 12 Player Raid Boss Emergency Quest
New Dark Blast Form
Dark Blast Semi-Transparent Implementation
New 12 Player Mother & Deus Emergency Quest

As the roadmap states, the May updates seem like they are adding the Enchanted Forest as a permanent free field, but it'll feature new enemies like "Omega Gryphon" (its a smaller gal gryphon but with a more traditional eagle's face), a worm rider, and Totally Not Devilman (maybe Omega Angel too I guess). Also, it looks like we'll be running into a "new version" of an enemy we missed out in episode 1 through 3...
http://www.bumped.org/psublog/wp-content/uploads/2018/03/Appre-omega.jpg
(its the humanoid form of Apprentice)

MR. J
Nov 22, 2011

Chuck and Fuck
Look out, The Boys are gone and now mom and dad are teaming up to make sure you're grounded.

Hitlersaurus Christ
Oct 14, 2005

I've still just been playing on my PS4 where typing is torture and I can barely read the text on my TV, but I swear I'll play with you guys sometime! Honest!
I'm trying to unlock the level cap for a couple of classes and holy poo poo is grinding to 35 a bitch. Not to mention expensive as hell. Is it cool if I take out a couple of the Nox weapons from the team storage?

MR. J
Nov 22, 2011

Chuck and Fuck
Just don't take the +30 ones. Those are meant as loaner gear for fresh lv70 players.

NextTime000
Feb 3, 2011

bweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
They uploaded the recordings of the dev stream:

Update Express: (the important one)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_tbwazJdGS4

Satellite Information: (IRL goods and events, this time focusing on the release of the PSO2 Trading Card Game coming out soon)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wZ-wD3y9NWI

Guest Corner: (listen to a lady who sounds like she has a helium pill surgically implanted in her throat)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z0mT3jfETD0
Highlights include (from a friend of mine telling me about what was being said): "She told a story that, if I heard right, was "they did sound-wave analysis on my voice and found the thing it is closest to is the noise monkeys make when they're shouting for backup" and please help her"

End of Stream Teaser: (Formal release of the Enchanted Forest area, some Story NPCs, and Omega Appregina)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VFygX5IzfBs

MR. J
Nov 22, 2011

Chuck and Fuck
Bit old but this needed to be immortalized:

Hitlersaurus Christ
Oct 14, 2005

Sony’s disdain for cross-console play strikes again: PSO2 PS4/Vita players can’t play with PSO2 Cloud players outside of My/Team Rooms, and can’t communicate with them at all.

Molestationary Store
May 21, 2007

I'm gonna chalk up the no crosstalk thing to Nintendo, but no play at all is definitely Sony.

NextTime000
Feb 3, 2011

bweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
I mean PC can chat with both, so when a switch, ps4, and PC player are all in the same myroom or team room, the PC player can hear both, and both of them can hear what the pc player says

Combat Lobster
Feb 18, 2013

NextTime000 posted:

I mean PC can chat with both, so when a switch, ps4, and PC player are all in the same myroom or team room, the PC player can hear both, and both of them can hear what the pc player says

It's like a couple of friends who are mad at each other and the PC player is the go between

PS4 Player: Tell the Swtich player I like their room.

Switch Player: Tell the PS4 player THANK YOU!

PS4 Player: YOU'RE WELCOME!!

Hitlersaurus Christ
Oct 14, 2005

This is my first time playing a game using The Cloud and I’ve gotta say... I’m not the biggest fan of it. I haven’t had a lot of major input lag but the graphics look like my Switch is trying to playing a 240p YouTube video in full screen. That’s with a decent connection near Tokyo too.

Combat Lobster
Feb 18, 2013

14_star_hunting.mp4

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wLyC-B3Wpi4

MR. J
Nov 22, 2011

Chuck and Fuck
Not pictured: your rivals swimming in a pile of them.

NextTime000
Feb 3, 2011

bweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

this doesn't seem too bad for an unboosted free field quest

MR. J
Nov 22, 2011

Chuck and Fuck
Yeah if you're still chasing after ep4 14-stars, now's the time to finally put in the grind. They're still either the strongest or barely behind the strongest of their type, too.

Turtlicious
Sep 17, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Man I always want to play this game but it's like excercise, you need someone with it to keep you honest.

MR. J
Nov 22, 2011

Chuck and Fuck
So what's all the catch-up mechanics Sega keeps trying to put in? :v:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NextTime000
Feb 3, 2011

bweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Turtlicious posted:

Man I always want to play this game but it's like excercise, you need someone with it to keep you honest.
well there's usually somebody on the discord server linked in the OP willing to help out I think; feel free to drop by if you want!