Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

yes

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Weaving Merry Christmas magic
It's basically my jumping up and down going "The poo poo we are doing for the episode 5 plot is going to have consequences!!!!" being completely vindicated :colbert:

NextTime000
Feb 3, 2011

bweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
<----------------------------

Hitlersaurus Christ posted:

I haven't kept up with the story. Is the new Falz a new character or another form of the PD?
It's probably the xion copy that turned into PD and/or Dark Falz Persona, given that whole mask gimmick it has going on there.

Technically, the previous version of PD we fought still had all of the other falz hosts somewhere inside it I guess, but since we were going around inadvertently collecting the other falz hosts inside our head so we could use more Dark Blasts, I guess whatever's left is just Persona, old PD, and all of the raw distilled dark falz junk the other falz hosts kinda left behind after we collected them

NextTime000
Feb 3, 2011

bweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Malachite_Dragon posted:

It's basically my jumping up and down going "The poo poo we are doing for the episode 5 plot is going to have consequences!!!!" being completely vindicated :colbert:

so it turns out you were more right about this sentence than you could have possibly known

InspectorCarbonara
Jul 2, 2010

Evening, patrolmaaan.
I love that the ending of episode 5 is all of the strongest characters in Arks getting defeated and you're wondering who could possibly save them, and it's Lisa with a talking gun.

Captain Cappy
Aug 7, 2008

InspectorCarbonara posted:

It still annoys me that they made two awesome vocal tracks for Las Vegas and then restricted them to riding quests so you never hear them any more.
At least put them in the free field so I get to hear them when I'm doing daily quests in there like Tokyo.

Pretty sure you can hear at least the vocals to Tokyo if you get a night version of the map. Probably same for Las Vegas.

Also I liked Riding Quests the few times they were doing events for them but the lack of decent rewards besides eggs really killed it.

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

NextTime000 posted:

so it turns out you were more right about this sentence than you could have possibly known

InspectorCarbonara
Jul 2, 2010

Evening, patrolmaaan.

Captain Cappy posted:

Pretty sure you can hear at least the vocals to Tokyo if you get a night version of the map. Probably same for Las Vegas.

Also I liked Riding Quests the few times they were doing events for them but the lack of decent rewards besides eggs really killed it.

Tokyo is fine and you hear the vocals whichever time of day it is but (unless they’ve updated it recently) the Las Vegas free field only plays an instrumental version of the track, the vocals only play in the riding quest.

NextTime000
Feb 3, 2011

bweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

InspectorCarbonara posted:

I love that the ending of episode 5 is all of the strongest characters in Arks getting defeated and you're wondering who could possibly save them, and it's Lisa with a talking gun.

it's not just that, It's Lisa with a talking gun that Shiva (Photoner Harriet) recognizes as Omega Harriet:psyboom:

NextTime000
Feb 3, 2011

bweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
oh yeah here's the teaser for Episode 6's new class: "Phantom"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RLcm8Gm5pyA

The follow-up dev stream a couple days ago confirmed that it's using Rods, Rifles, and Katanas.

Episode 6 is looking like it'll feature a more technologically advanced enemy faction, so the opposite direction they went into for Episode 5 :v

MR. J
Nov 22, 2011

Chuck and Fuck
"Hmm Episode 5 was a bust and had the greatest drop of players the game has ever seen."
"Just do everything the opposite this time."

Postal Parcel
Aug 2, 2013
Let's say I wanted to come back for Phantom and I left when 13* was the final tier of weaponry.
What's the best way to get back to relevance
And is it any easier to level up(or at least get to SH/UH difficulty levels)?

Captain Cappy
Aug 7, 2008

Postal Parcel posted:

Let's say I wanted to come back for Phantom and I left when 13* was the final tier of weaponry.
What's the best way to get back to relevance
And is it any easier to level up(or at least get to SH/UH difficulty levels)?

Just run whatever you want because 13* are still okay and relevancy will always rely more on being good than having the best gear. Also Farm the weekly King's Crests until you can get 500x for a 14* of your choice. There are also Conquerer's Crests which give a different set of 14*s and you can get them from things like Bingo rewards.

I'm not sure about leveling up. There's always some way to level though so you should be fine.

Tesla was right
Apr 3, 2009

Whats with all the robot sex avatars?

Captain Cappy posted:

I'm not sure about leveling up. There's always some way to level though so you should be fine.

For the past few days the visiphone has been handing out 1'000'000xp items daily (maybe longer, I came back to this game recently).

NextTime000
Feb 3, 2011

bweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
yeah it's some 30-day campaign, each day'll give you a million exp ticket.

otherwise for exp there's doing your daily Featured Quests for chances at bonus keys, bonus quests typically give a good chunk of quick EXP

then among the Featured Quests is one of five Level Up Quests, which are old event quests that have dense enemy populations and lots of boss fights. One of those five is what we call "The Good LQ", which is a boss rush of ultimate bosses, and is possibly the fastest EXP in the game outside of bonus quests.

also, there's a campaign going on that gives an extra +100% exp boost as long as you are playing in a party on the PSO2 Cloud shared blocks.

MR. J
Nov 22, 2011

Chuck and Fuck
As far as gear goes, if you're level 75/75 you can play the newly released Extra Hard Forest free field quest which will drop these stones for the Monster Hunter collab event. That'll get you some 13* weapons which can be upgraded to 14* and that's plenty good for anything really right now.

Hitlersaurus Christ
Oct 14, 2005

Out of curiosity, is anyone still data mining this? The PSUmods thread died forever ago.

MR. J
Nov 22, 2011

Chuck and Fuck
Kind of, a couple people post snippets of their findings in the discord sometimes.

InspectorCarbonara
Jul 2, 2010

Evening, patrolmaaan.
Welp, they just announced 15* weapons. :suicide:

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Power creep, yeaaaaaaaah
:regd08:

NextTime000
Feb 3, 2011

bweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
alright recap on all these lovely upgrade paths:

Val 35 + Cronos Time Stone = Atra 35
Evelda 35 + cleasis boosters = Cleasis 35 + Schwert boosters = Schwert 35
Demon 35 + chaos stones = upgraded Demon 35
Jutus 35 + Schwert 35 + upgraded Demon 35 = Lumiare 35
Atra 35 + Lumiare 35 + some excubes = upgraded Atra 35 15* :shepface:

Persona 13* weapon 35 + any Detonation weapon 35 + any Clawdem weapon 35 + any Allure weapon 35 + any Chalyra weapon 35 + 7* Erebus rocks (from persona) = Persona 14* weapon 35 :shepface:
Persona 14* weapon 35 + more excubes + Amphitrite Stone (15* rock from a title, maybe elsewhere...) = Persona 15* weapon

Austere NT path 1:
insert all the poo poo you need for Austere OT here
Austere OT + Slave NT 35 + Nemesis NT 35 + Ares NT 35 + cubez = Austere NT

Austere NT path 2:
Invade NT 35 + Slave NT 35 + Nemesis NT 35 + ?????(To be revealed during the ARKS Live on December 1st)????? = Austere NT 35

NextTime000
Feb 3, 2011

bweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

"hey I think you got something good"

NextTime000
Feb 3, 2011

bweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
HD upload of the update express
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=smeDT3C0t8U
4:36 Early December update:
Christmas stuff
:siren:Weapon transmog/glamour system:siren:
Solo Ultimate quest vs. Omega Masquerade
Christmas files have 2 sets:
one set is all of the seasonal weapons from this year
:siren:the other set is all of the seasonal 14★ weapons from this year:siren:
also a new SG scratch featuring the purified falz hosts, and all the characters that popped up in the final chapter of episode 5

17:20 Late December update:
Level 90 cap for all classes, including Hero! no new level cap orders required (unless you're hero)
Hero's level 85 skill, Hero Refresh: Consume half of your hero gear gauge to restore your charge of Hero Will, temporally boost Hero Boost generation, and some other buffs, on a 5-minute cooldown though, so it's probably just to help out hero in longer quests like farming a free field for a couple hours
Consolidated rings for stuff like all of hunter's JG PA rings, Fighter's weapon movement and DS Kamatachi ring, and a few others you would always want to have on for various classes
AC scratch
Phantasy Star 0 Memory exchange, because that's 10 years old now...
System updates like PSO2 Cloud's Easy Login option being extended to PS4 users, Color Change passes staying active for 60 minutes (premium users only)
new Battle Arena map, nighttime volcano; also each arena map will use different weapons now
The main event: Dark Falz Persona Emergency Quest
They'll wear masks and imitate attacks from the other dark falzes, but it'll only use 2 of the 4 masks per encounter
then yeah all that poo poo I said a couple posts ago about the three different weapon series getting upgrades to 15★

full recap on bumped: http://www.bumped.org/psublog/pso2-station-26-recap/

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

I haven't played PSO2 in awhile and have been thinking about playing again. Didn't even get bored, just have had zero time.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

NextTime000 posted:

:siren:Weapon transmog/glamour system:siren:

Ah holy poo poo!

quote:

Phantasy Star 0 Memory exchange, because that's 10 years old now...

Ah, holy poo poo

Captain Cappy
Aug 7, 2008

Level update = a bunch of people playing Hu that don't know how to play it. I'm one of them. I'm sorry.

Was there some way to get the 14* you needed for this new 15* recipe without running UQ a million times? You can only murder Bayribbles so much before it gets hecka boring.

NextTime000
Feb 3, 2011

bweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
no, so it's fairly bullshit without any quantifiable progress beyond "you dont have the item" and "you found the item"

my only advice is to get in on the monster hunter event here and hammer out a few Zara weapons, which will at least make chasing down all the other materials a lot less painful.

Captain Cappy
Aug 7, 2008

NextTime000 posted:

no, so it's fairly bullshit without any quantifiable progress beyond "you dont have the item" and "you found the item"

my only advice is to get in on the monster hunter event here and hammer out a few Zara weapons, which will at least make chasing down all the other materials a lot less painful.

Are the Zara weapons part of the recipe for the 15*? I didn't see it mentioned earlier.

NextTime000
Feb 3, 2011

bweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Captain Cappy posted:

Are the Zara weapons part of the recipe for the 15*? I didn't see it mentioned earlier.

they're not, but they are strong weapons that give you a massive hunter effect and % damage reduction, so they literally make farming less painful

NextTime000
Feb 3, 2011

bweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
I'll be interesting to see how runs of the christmas EQ will start out as, then change after the 15* weapons and level 90 cap come out

MR. J
Nov 22, 2011

Chuck and Fuck
The change will occur once everyone has a Quelle rod and becomes a shitpost force.

NextTime000
Feb 3, 2011

bweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
since they hosed up adding in a single achievement/title and had to put the game into emergency maintenance for 8 hours, forcing them to have to reschedule the first three Dark Falz Persona EQs, I probably should post about the pso2 station from last week here.

http://www.bumped.org/psublog/pso2-station-27-recap/

Early January Update:
Start of the 2019 New Year's Carnival :toot:
The first set of limited quests will have you jumping around the planets to fight Omega Hunar/Apprezina/Angel/Dorumble in Time-trial style quests, parts of them look like they could be added to Endless Quest at a later date
It looks like it'll be 4-5 separate quests, and datamining suggests they'll use the Arks Rally Boost system to incentivize running a few laps of them all
On top of that, Ultimate nab/lilipa mobs and demons seem to be present, so it'll at least be able to drop all of the various things you need for Austere NT/Atra EX/Lightstream 15★ weapons
2019 badges can be exchanged for homura and dark blast weapons, Solo Onion triggers are still here, but now it's joined by a Solo Mother and Deus trigger. no word on if the drops are any different than the Mother and Deus EQ

Late January Update:
New Year's Carnival Pt. 2
The Limited quest for this segment is a Free Field Exploration style quest
Valentines returns, no major changes to the EQ's format though.
Valentines Collection Files use 2018's Tactio weapons and 2017's Fornis weapons, but now they come pre-upgraded to +30 and 60% element. Good for people looking to catch up, or to use them for grinding fodder on other, better weapons.

Here's the introduction of the Episode 6 director, and his live demo of the Phantom class:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Aq07V5BwLD8
He appears to be a fresh face, and good at playing PSO2 in general, so things are looking up for Episode 6

Phantom's PAs seem to change depending on if you use them normally, or if you combo into them after using a Weapon Action.
It also seems to use a stacking mark system: hitting enemies will apply a mark to them, and then using a PA after a charged weapon action will detonate the marks on enemies hit.
Phantom's Weapon Actions will preserve the attack combo, for the sake of either utilizing basic attacks in your combos, or for folk still using 2-button mode (which is understandable if you're using a controller)
Phantom has class skills that involve gaining crit rate and other stats by stacking PP, passively applying Jellen to enemies, and dealing boosted damage to enemies with status effects or Jellen on them
"Advanced Classes" are being re-branded as "Successor Classes", and the requirement for unlocking them is being changed from "Level 75 of one of each Striking, Shooting, and Tech classes" to "Level 75 in any two classes"
While Phantom, like Hero, will not be able to use a subclass; it will be able to be used as a subclass

Finally, the end-of-stream teaser gave us a first look at what we're going to be up against come Episode 6...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PTzuHtxvGJE
(Enemy-type name is currently tentative until it appears as spoken dialog somewhere, because kanji is bullshit)

NextTime000
Feb 3, 2011

bweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
We got a 2-week long boost period running now, great time to get caught up

Luceid
Jan 20, 2005

Buy some freaking medicine.
i played this a few years ago, and now i'm going to come back. i think i got a force to level 55 or so.

i vaguely recall finding out i was supposed to have been levelling crafting skills or something the whole time to make tech discs and i'm a little worried that's still the case. otherwise i guess i'll just jump on discord and ask boneheaded questions.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

Luceid posted:

i vaguely recall finding out i was supposed to have been levelling crafting skills or something the whole time to make tech discs and i'm a little worried that's still the case. otherwise i guess i'll just jump on discord and ask boneheaded questions.

You can basically safely ignore that and request tech crafts from people who did grind that out, thankfully.

MR. J
Nov 22, 2011

Chuck and Fuck
Hell I recall NextTime000 will answer most requests as he's grinded almost all the recipes out.

I worked on it a bit and have a few good ones, too. I'm usually on early mornings after my graveyard shift, though. (EST)

NextTime000
Feb 3, 2011

bweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
be sure to swing by the discord server too, even if you don't intend on joining the team or are playing on another ship or whatever

NextTime000
Feb 3, 2011

bweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
Enchanted forest has the extra rare drop rate boost from now until maintenance, if you haven't gotten a hold of a +35-able Jutus weapon you probably oughta give it a shot

NextTime000
Feb 3, 2011

bweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

the SUPER PSO2 Day is next week, so bonus keys earned from daily featured quests will be good for it; but I also just noticed that there is extra 200% exp boost for bonus quests, on top of the 200% exp boost for all quests, so if you need a lot of exp real fast, that's going to be the day to do it!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NextTime000
Feb 3, 2011

bweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
http://www.bumped.org/psublog/pso2-station-28-recap/

Update next week adds rematch triggers to Dark Falz Persona's drop pool, and marks the return of the inventory search function (they added a button to toggle it on and off, so people doing inventory while running don't get messed up when the cursor passes through the text entry box, which was why they disabled it to begin with)

Update after that brings back the White Day event: EQ is the same as last year's, but the enemies have been updated to include Omega Falzes where applicable. White Day files also continue the trend seen with Valentines files: weapons are obtained with +30 grind and 60% element, so people who need a useable weapon can use those fresh off the file, and people who don't can still do the files and feed them to other, better weapons for weapon EXP.

The early march update marks the start of the final update series for Episode 5
A 2nd Endless Quest, it seems to use areas based on the Revelry of Darkness limited quest from the current event, as well as areas based off of various Emergency Quests; such as the Yamato Approach and a section from the Omega Falz Apprentice quest. I saw a darker den and battle arena section too...
Also a King of Fighters 2002 collab for some reason

End of Stream teaser was for the early story to Episode 6:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ydcPxihbH1M

Right now it seems like we're in period where they want people to get caught up and geared up with 15★ garbage for when they add ULTRA HARD with Episode 6 in a few months; Plenty of content boosts and special quests designed to hook people up with some of the more bullshit requirements for 15★ weapons, and loads of EXP to get people to level 90 too.
For those of us who already got ourselves geared up; we can at least finally take a breather from the treadmill they put us on for the last year, maybe help out folk who could use some company while catching up, or take our power into the first Endless Quest to try and get some item ability upgrades to tweak our gear out even more or just sell them for more money for lobby actions and fancy hats.

speaking of, :siren:SUPER PSO2 DAY is tomorrow!:siren: (see previous post)