Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Captain Cappy
Aug 7, 2008

NextTime000 posted:

http://www.bumped.org/psublog/pso2-station-28-recap/

Update next week adds rematch triggers to Dark Falz Persona's drop pool, and marks the return of the inventory search function (they added a button to toggle it on and off, so people doing inventory while running don't get messed up when the cursor passes through the text entry box, which was why they disabled it to begin with)

Update after that brings back the White Day event: EQ is the same as last year's, but the enemies have been updated to include Omega Falzes where applicable. White Day files also continue the trend seen with Valentines files: weapons are obtained with +30 grind and 60% element, so people who need a useable weapon can use those fresh off the file, and people who don't can still do the files and feed them to other, better weapons for weapon EXP.

The early march update marks the start of the final update series for Episode 5
A 2nd Endless Quest, it seems to use areas based on the Revelry of Darkness limited quest from the current event, as well as areas based off of various Emergency Quests; such as the Yamato Approach and a section from the Omega Falz Apprentice quest. I saw a darker den and battle arena section too...
Also a King of Fighters 2002 collab for some reason

End of Stream teaser was for the early story to Episode 6:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ydcPxihbH1M

Right now it seems like we're in period where they want people to get caught up and geared up with 15★ garbage for when they add ULTRA HARD with Episode 6 in a few months; Plenty of content boosts and special quests designed to hook people up with some of the more bullshit requirements for 15★ weapons, and loads of EXP to get people to level 90 too.
For those of us who already got ourselves geared up; we can at least finally take a breather from the treadmill they put us on for the last year, maybe help out folk who could use some company while catching up, or take our power into the first Endless Quest to try and get some item ability upgrades to tweak our gear out even more or just sell them for more money for lobby actions and fancy hats.

speaking of, :siren:SUPER PSO2 DAY is tomorrow!:siren: (see previous post)

Nice to see God Empress of ARKS Ulc appear before us commoners again.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hitlersaurus Christ
Oct 14, 2005

It's refreshing to see Episode 6 going back to PSO-ish sci-fi stuff instead of Episode 4/5's isekai trend-chasing. I expect the plot to be more convoluted anime BS but if it's like Episode 1-3's convoluted anime BS I'l be fine with it. I wonder if they're gonna introduce a new planet or if the story will just be returning to the old places with new enemies? The latter sounds like something Sega would do.

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Weaving Merry Christmas magic
How about destroying a planet, for shock value? I suggest Lillipa.

MR. J
Nov 22, 2011

Chuck and Fuck
They already did that with Harkotan.

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

That's *depopulating* a planet, I mean explode the sum'bitch.

NextTime000
Feb 3, 2011

bweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
<----------------------------

Malachite_Dragon posted:

How about destroying a planet, for shock value? I suggest Lillipa.
they sort of already did that, even though it was a planet we had never been to
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JnpXBmcfHro&t=280s

InspectorCarbonara
Jul 2, 2010

Evening, patrolmaaan.

NextTime000 posted:

they sort of already did that, even though it was a planet we had never been to
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JnpXBmcfHro&t=280s

I think several planets got sucked into episode 5’s black hole too before Alma froze time on it.

NextTime000
Feb 3, 2011

bweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
Episode 6 is due out on April 24th!, and starting on March 20th they are going to start a campaign to help make ultra sure that everybody will be ready to dive right into Ultra Hard when it launches!

I'll make another post when sega uploads the high-quality recordings to their youtube going into detail, but check out bumped.org's coverage of the dev stream:

http://www.bumped.org/psublog/pso2-station-29-recap/

NextTime000 fucked around with this message at 18:20 on Mar 12, 2019

NextTime000
Feb 3, 2011

bweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
http://www.bumped.org/psublog/pso2-station-29-recap/

This article has everything summed up from the dev stream, but the HD videos are up on the youtube channel.

Here's the main Episode 6 trailer:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JaTk_9snxr0

This video has the whole Update Express segment, but the timestamp here should be a longer trailer for the "Armada of the End" emergency quest coming in late May:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y_dc3VJzzPM&t=1608s

also going to repeat that starting March 20th and leading up to Episode 6's release on April 24th, they are doing a massive campaign to make sure as many people are geared up to take on Ultra Hard when that starts up in early May: (I take it they gotta give people some time to level up Phantom once it releases)
http://pso2.jp/players/campaign/roadtoepisode6/

the translation from bumped.org posted:

Road to Episode 6 Campaign

★15 Weapon Get Campaign (March 20th ~ April 24th)

Let’s acquire the materials for ★15 [Atlas EX Series].
Clear the following quests a certain number of times for prizes!
Specter of Destruction x6 = Time Reversal Stone Chronos
Enchanted Forest x3 = Val Ars (Grind Gap = 32)
Enchanted Forest x5 = Jutus Stich (Grind Gap = 32)
Hans CO: Unidentified Enemies = Regaloyakut Skull (Grind Gap = 32)
Any Free-Field x10 = Schvelle Buechse (Grind Gap = 32)
Any Featured Quest x4 = Lambda Grinder x30
Any Featured Quest x6 = Goldnia x500
Any Featured Quest x8 = Saphard x500
A second set of these items except for the Chronos stone will be available a week or two into the campaign (because you'll need a 2nd set of these to actually make the Atlas EX weapon)

[Road to EPISODE6] Boost Event! (March 20)

A special [Quest Boost] will be added

1 Million EXP Ticket (x10) Present (March 20th)

Daily Bonus Key & Bonus Quest Boost (March 20th ~ April 3rd @ 23:59)

Bonus Quest EXP Boost +200%

[Kings Crest] Get Campaign Final! (March 20th ~ April 3rd)

During the period you can get a total of 1400 Kings Crest

MR. J
Nov 22, 2011

Chuck and Fuck
I wanna add that this stuff about 15 star weapons really is an unprecedented freebie. It normally takes a hell of a lot of grinding and/or luck to get these weapons and materials used to make an Atlas-Ex weapon. Definitely consider completing those tasks if you can.

NextTime000
Feb 3, 2011

bweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lpcsk4DhfTk
ah here, they uploaded the individual trailer for the Armada of the End EQ coming in May

InspectorCarbonara
Jul 2, 2010

Evening, patrolmaaan.
Hell yeah I am down for Yamato but in space.

Soulfucker
Feb 15, 2012

i,m going to kill myself on friday #wow #whoa
Fun Shoe
It's worth repeating that the campaign starting tomorrow is bonkers

NextTime000
Feb 3, 2011

bweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
https://www.bumped.org/psublog/road-to-episode-6/ seriously this is a hosed up amount of boosts and poo poo

and it's a 150% triboost week on top of this (quad if you count rare enemy appearance rate)

:siren:now's the time to get the gently caress in:siren:

Mercury_Storm
Jun 12, 2003

*chomp chomp chomp*
I played mashed spacebar through the first part of episode 4 and no amount of boosts will make me return after that horror

MR. J
Nov 22, 2011

Chuck and Fuck
I mean, that is the lowest point in the game, in my opinion, so it's understandable.

Captain Cappy
Aug 7, 2008

Episode 4 owned bones.

MR. J
Nov 22, 2011

Chuck and Fuck

Captain Cappy posted:

Episode 4 from Bethor onward owned bones.

Ftfy. The first act is awful.

Saagonsa
Dec 29, 2012

To be fair, looking back at it the first act of every episode's story is kinda bad

MR. J
Nov 22, 2011

Chuck and Fuck
I dunno, I thought 3 opened up alright...

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

The ending of whichever one eventually led to the creation of the Die Set Falz video is the objectively best episode.

Simon The Digger
Dec 23, 2010

Some Kind of Magical Idiot
I finally unlocked Hero yesterday and it feels so good. Now I just have to sleepwalk through the first 3 aptitude tests. I'm not crazy about the Talis but switching between Sword and TMG is pretty fun. It's also really nice that they just give you all the Photon Arts for free.

Malachite_Dragon posted:

The ending of whichever one eventually led to the creation of the Die Set Falz video is the objectively best episode.

Somebody made a PSO2/Amazons Season 2 parody video? Where is it? I'd love to see it.

NextTime000
Feb 3, 2011

bweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Simon The Digger posted:

I finally unlocked Hero yesterday and it feels so good. Now I just have to sleepwalk through the first 3 aptitude tests. I'm not crazy about the Talis but switching between Sword and TMG is pretty fun. It's also really nice that they just give you all the Photon Arts for free.
yeah they've learned some lessons about how to handle techs and PAs over these years (bouncer seemed to be them learning to do more with less, summoner reflected them realizing disc drops and level up from use are both bad and just give you everything, but still didn't want to dump all the moves on the player at once so they made them unlock over pet levels now made irrelevant since 14:star: eggs drop with the pet at level 100 so all the PAs are already learned, and hero was just "gently caress it" and gives you everything right away); but in their standard pscrew fashion, they don't seem too willing to go back and fix the older systems to match.

hero talis seems to have just been the "weird" weapon; Wise Hound and Jet Wheel are great for building hero gear when there isn't much opportunity to counter things, and they stay active when you swap over to your sword or tmg (their damage also changes to use the new weapon's primary atk to scale) so all you really need to do is pop over to it once in a while to lay down the DoTs when you remember to. talis counter is also pretty decent too: it's ranged, short, dosen't cost pp, and regenerates a good amount of pp in the process, on top of hitting pretty hard and generating a good amount of gear like the other counters.

NextTime000
Feb 3, 2011

bweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
http://www.bumped.org/psublog/road-to-episode-6/

they posted the rest of the boosts for the campaign

NextTime000
Feb 3, 2011

bweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

it's the final week of episode 5, if you haven't gotten at least the +35-able jutus gunslash off of the campaign you might wanna swing by the discord server here and get on that

also I guess it's time for thread title ideas

so far the only one I got is "The Phantom Main" (having "PSO2 Episode 6:" at the start is assumed)

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

NextTime000 posted:

also I guess it's time for thread title ideas

so far the only one I got is "The Phantom Main" (having "PSO2 Episode 6:" at the start is assumed)

Voting for this one because I'm uncreative and it makes me laugh anyway

MR. J
Nov 22, 2011

Chuck and Fuck
PSO2 Episode 6: We Pulled This Straight Out of our rear end the Ether.

PSO2 Episode 6: More Title Posts than Actual Posts

Surprise Noodle
Aug 25, 2011
PSO2 Episode VI: The Phantom Menace

PSO2 Episode 6: PSO2 in Space!

Combat Lobster
Feb 18, 2013

PSO2 Episode 6: It's Phunky Phantom Time!

Hitlersaurus Christ
Oct 14, 2005

It's gotta be PSO2 Episode 6: The Terrible Secret of Space
Here's some others to choose from that I typed stream of consciousness, only half of which are serious:

PSO2 Episode 6: The Phantom Thieves of ARKS
PSO2 Episode 6: Phantom of the (Space) Opera
PSO2 Episode 6: IT'S A GUNDAM!
PSO2 Episode 6: Giant Tits Bouncing in Space... Forever
PSO2 Episode 6: Let's Be Space Assholes
PSO2 Episode 6: Now With 100% More Space
PSO2 Episode 6: Diablo May Cry 6
PSO2 Episode 6: Looter Shooter Stabber Exploder

Failing all of the above, I could settle for The Phantom Menace.

OH, and one more thing: Make the next post in Games again! It might still be dead, but it'll be less dead.

InspectorCarbonara
Jul 2, 2010

Evening, patrolmaaan.
PSO2 Episode 6: Viva A.I.S Vega

But really it has to be something to do with Phantom Menace.

Ardeem
Sep 16, 2010

There is no problem that cannot be solved through sufficient application of lasers and friendship.
I have made a terrible mistake and patched up the game. Haven't brought myself to actually play yet.

Saagonsa
Dec 29, 2012

Ardeem posted:

I have made a terrible mistake and patched up the game. Haven't brought myself to actually play yet.

Good thing too, since it's gonna be down for the rest of today thanks to the ep6 update

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NextTime000
Feb 3, 2011

bweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3887877

Goodbye Episode 5!