Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Hitlersaurus Christ
Oct 14, 2005

Oh, this is where the new thread is. Why's it in The MMO HMO? It's gonna be harder to get new players to join.

I'm headed with my friend to the Phantasy Star Thanks Festa in Tokyo tomorrow. There's not really much information on it I can find... But I assume it will be kind of like last year. Hopefully I won't miss all the good merchandise this time around.

I haven't played since a little before Deus Esca came out due to a combination of work, catching up on my game back log, and making a game, but I'll probably start again soon.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hitlersaurus Christ
Oct 14, 2005

So the event was pretty fun. There wasn't a whole lot to do, but my friend and I watched some of the live stage stuff, take some pictures, and snag some merch. Unfortunately we arrived too late to get most of the cool stuff we wanted, but I got a mug with a shiny ARKS logo+mascot design, chat balloon sticky notes, action/technique/item icon keyboard stickers that I will probably never use, and a Debandrink. They sold both a Photon Drink and a Debandrink, but the PD was brown and I wanted something sweet. It ended up being a sports drink though, like Pocari Sweat. I didn't check to see if my defense was any higher than usual, but I assume it was.

The cosplay and crafts contests had already ended by the time we arrived but there were plenty of cosplayers of varying quality. A lot of them were cosplaying their own characters but there were a fair amount of people dressed as NPCs too, and even people in Rappy and Arkuma suits. Ones that stick out in my memory are a guy who had a Chainsawd replica that was rad as hell, and a Double cosplayer whose red sections were translucent and glowed from the inside. There was also a spot-on Luther, doing his poses and everything.

We went to the 2nd floor where there were places for each ship's members to meet up, along with a place to leave messaged and drawings and stuff. We only really talked to one person there but he was pretty friendly and was surprised to see players from the west. I accidentally gave my character name instead of player ID though so he's gonna end up having a tough time adding me to his friends list...

We were meeting a friend for dinner though, so we left before both the dark blast announcement and (to my dismay) the concert. If I'm still in Japan next year I'll be sure to arrive in the morning next time.

I didn't get many pictures but here's a few.

Hitlersaurus Christ fucked around with this message at 10:33 on Aug 13, 2017

Hitlersaurus Christ
Oct 14, 2005

I've still just been playing on my PS4 where typing is torture and I can barely read the text on my TV, but I swear I'll play with you guys sometime! Honest!
I'm trying to unlock the level cap for a couple of classes and holy poo poo is grinding to 35 a bitch. Not to mention expensive as hell. Is it cool if I take out a couple of the Nox weapons from the team storage?

Hitlersaurus Christ
Oct 14, 2005

Sony’s disdain for cross-console play strikes again: PSO2 PS4/Vita players can’t play with PSO2 Cloud players outside of My/Team Rooms, and can’t communicate with them at all.

Hitlersaurus Christ
Oct 14, 2005

This is my first time playing a game using The Cloud and I’ve gotta say... I’m not the biggest fan of it. I haven’t had a lot of major input lag but the graphics look like my Switch is trying to playing a 240p YouTube video in full screen. That’s with a decent connection near Tokyo too.

Hitlersaurus Christ
Oct 14, 2005

PSO2 continues to go off the rails and by god I'm there for it. Fighting orcs with an evil clown transformation is not where I ever thought (or wanted) the sequel to Phantasy Star Online would go but I'll be damned if it doesn't look fun as hell.

I swear I'll start playing again soon... Next time I impulse-buy an AC card at 7-11.

Hitlersaurus Christ
Oct 14, 2005

I haven't kept up with the story. Is the new Falz a new character or another form of the PD?

Hitlersaurus Christ
Oct 14, 2005

Out of curiosity, is anyone still data mining this? The PSUmods thread died forever ago.

Hitlersaurus Christ
Oct 14, 2005

It's refreshing to see Episode 6 going back to PSO-ish sci-fi stuff instead of Episode 4/5's isekai trend-chasing. I expect the plot to be more convoluted anime BS but if it's like Episode 1-3's convoluted anime BS I'l be fine with it. I wonder if they're gonna introduce a new planet or if the story will just be returning to the old places with new enemies? The latter sounds like something Sega would do.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hitlersaurus Christ
Oct 14, 2005

It's gotta be PSO2 Episode 6: The Terrible Secret of Space
Here's some others to choose from that I typed stream of consciousness, only half of which are serious:

PSO2 Episode 6: The Phantom Thieves of ARKS
PSO2 Episode 6: Phantom of the (Space) Opera
PSO2 Episode 6: IT'S A GUNDAM!
PSO2 Episode 6: Giant Tits Bouncing in Space... Forever
PSO2 Episode 6: Let's Be Space Assholes
PSO2 Episode 6: Now With 100% More Space
PSO2 Episode 6: Diablo May Cry 6
PSO2 Episode 6: Looter Shooter Stabber Exploder

Failing all of the above, I could settle for The Phantom Menace.

OH, and one more thing: Make the next post in Games again! It might still be dead, but it'll be less dead.