Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who?
Sara
Claire
Sharon
Crow
Olivert
View Results

• Locked thread
Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

BearDrivingTruck posted:

What’s it about?

The lady at the desk says she might have seen Crow, but she's not sure. That's it. Anton and Ricky are in there too, though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Charlie Bobson
Dec 28, 2013
haven't beaten cold steel yet but gently caress it i'm buying

Billzasilver
Nov 8, 2016

I lift my drink and sing a song

for who knows if life is short or long?

Man's life is like the morning dew

past days many, future days few

Ok how do I use gog to get the bonus costumes in cs2. Of course I have all of sky. Twitter said to look for some dlc code???

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

"LET'S GET DOWN TO WORK!!"
So you go to your account and look for one of the Sky games. There's a menu option called Serial Tags and the code is in there.

I don't know what the next step is, because it's not showing up for me ingame yet.

Edit: Oh wait, duh, there's a DLC tab in the item menu.

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

might be a crash bug related to costumes, least it's happening in this stream i'm watching

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
So apparently there's just new enemies in new game+, because I do not remember these white balls of light that are immune to physical damage but die instantly to magic early in the game.

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

Ahahahaha, I opened up my DLC menu and I don't know what happened, but I have been deluged in free stuff. 1500 sepith, 150+ U-Material, 30+ Zeram Powder and Capsules and even more.

This is going to be the easiest Hard mode run ever.

Tae posted:

So apparently there's just new enemies in new game+, because I do not remember these white balls of light that are immune to physical damage but die instantly to magic early in the game.
I don't think those are NG+ exclusive, I'm pretty sure there were always there.

Billzasilver
Nov 8, 2016

Some Numbers posted:

So you go to your account and look for one of the Sky games. There's a menu option called Serial Tags and the code is in there.

I don't know what the next step is, because it's not showing up for me ingame yet.

Edit: Oh wait, duh, there's a DLC tab in the item menu.

Ahaha got it, thank you!

Ahhhhhh 6 gigs away from having this game

Ryuga Death
May 14, 2008

There's gotta be one more bell to crack
Fun Shoe
This is probably a really dumb nitpick but I wish the battle portraits they used for characters were higher res. Maybe it's just me but they look blurry.

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

lets hang out posted:

might be a crash bug related to costumes, least it's happening in this stream i'm watching

It crashed when I tried changing out of the Unspeakable Costume. Obviously I should just keep it on for the rest of the game.

Tae posted:

The Snow Wisps aren't new.

Ryuga Death posted:

This is probably a really dumb nitpick but I wish the battle portraits they used for characters were higher res. Maybe it's just me but they look blurry.

CS1 has some texture mods for 4k menu sprites, and I'm sure CS2 will have the same before too long.

Stabbey_the_Clown
Sep 21, 2002

Are... are you quite sure you really want to say that?
Taco Defender
gently caress THE FINAL BOSS OF CS 1. EDIT: Finally beaten again.

Whoever said to use the Quingong[sic] buff and keep it active gives very bad advice. Morning Moon is the only possible way.

Stabbey_the_Clown fucked around with this message at 02:55 on Feb 15, 2018

poe meater
Feb 17, 2011
I was whipping that first boss's rear end! Also too much free dlc stuff, I dont think I'm going to open it.

GulagDolls
Jun 4, 2011

Stabbey_the_Clown posted:

gently caress THE FINAL BOSS OF CS 1.

the counterattack stance is deceptively good

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

gently caress THE FINAL BOSS OF CS 1. EDIT: Finally beaten again.

Whoever said to use the Quingong[sic] buff and keep it active gives very bad advice. Morning Moon is the only possible way.

That was probably me and it's 100% possible and good advice, I literally just did it yesterday.

Like, without the 50% attack buff you don't do anywhere near enough damage and Morning Moon costs way too much CP to use regularly.

Also the 50% speed buff helps because you can occasionally get an extra free turn.

What level were you and what difficulty did you play on?

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

ACKNOWLEDGED :black101:

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

The really annoying thing about the music files is that they have to be specifically 480k or else the game speeds it up for whatever reason.

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

I do love the way Sean did the "Heed my call..." line.

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

Some Numbers posted:

I do love the way Sean did the "Heed my call..." line.

his take is a lot better than the jp voice actor's

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

lets hang out posted:

his take is a lot better than the jp voice actor's

I mean, this is the case for 90% of Cold Steel.

Because Brittany is an amazing voice director.

Some Numbers fucked around with this message at 04:04 on Feb 15, 2018

Stabbey_the_Clown
Sep 21, 2002

Taco Defender

Some Numbers posted:

That was probably me and it's 100% possible and good advice, I literally just did it yesterday.

Like, without the 50% attack buff you don't do anywhere near enough damage and Morning Moon costs way too much CP to use regularly.

Also the 50% speed buff helps because you can occasionally get an extra free turn.

What level were you and what difficulty did you play on?

I was playing on hard, level 70, with the Vermillion MQ equipped for extra HP, and I tried for like 4-5 times in a row to win using the Quininigong[sic] craft and failed every time. It really didn't help that the second stage had brand new dialogue lines as hints for the identical poses (which I swear I never saw at all when I did this fight last month). I then tried once ignoring the buff and only using Morning moon and regular attacks and won the first time.

I used Terper's hex-edited save to start a NG+ carrying over bonding points. I think it probably won't cause problems. Probably. Then I loaded my CS 1 clear save (Alisa ending).

I just played two hours straight of CS 2 up until the point where the game says "okay now go kill some stuff". Because the game hasn't been out 24 hours, I'll spoiler-tag my thoughts as a courtesy, even though it's only the first two hours:
- It's been a whole month? And not only has Rean somehow avoided dying of dehydration about 10 times over, he doesn't even mention being hungry.
- I guess though that him nearly dying from his knight's damage might explain why he lost 30 levels.
- Gosh, doing something pointlessly stupid because you're hot-blooded and angry nearly gets you killed. Who would have thought?
- I sure hope Captain Wallow-pants gets over himself soon.
- ...This chapter already has far too much Elise, and probably too much Alfin as well. Both of those characters are fairly one-note, or at least they give too much emphasis on that particular note. It gets repetitive and tiring. Quickly.
- While Rean's thinking about the end of CS 1, I'll add that I liked how the ending worked on two levels. All of Class VII was willing to risk their lives to protect Rean because after all this time they are very close friends and he's done the same for them as well. There's also a practical side to it as well, in that Valimar might be the best chance of fighting back against the other mechs, so even if Rean was a dick who everyone hated, there's still a reason to protect him there.
- Toval is joining my party? Hell yes! This is fantastic!
- Elise is joining my party? Fffffffffuuuuuuucccccckkkkk.
(And that's where I stopped.)

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

I will say that as awful as Elise was in CS1, I found her a lot more tolerable in CS2.

Alfin also gets way way better.

I was playing on hard, level 70, with the Vermillion MQ equipped for extra HP, and I tried for like 4-5 times in a row to win using the Quininigong[sic] craft and failed every time. It really didn't help that the second stage had brand new dialogue lines as hints for the identical poses (which I swear I never saw at all when I did this fight last month). I then tried once ignoring the buff and only using Morning moon and regular attacks and won the first time.
I'm legitimately shocked that you won with regular attacks. How did you deal that much damage? How did you not die from only having two heals?

Some Numbers fucked around with this message at 06:16 on Feb 15, 2018

Daler Mehndi
Apr 10, 2005

Tunak Tunak Tun!
Time to spend 200 hours talking to NPCs, again! :dance:

Erpy
Jan 30, 2015
(insert title here)

Some Numbers posted:

I will say that as awful as Elise was in CS1, I found her a lot more tolerable in CS2.

This. (spoiler of scene just before your first party members join) When the hot springs scene between Rean and Elise first started, I was mentally preparing for it to be cringe-inducing due to how the first game handled Elise, only to be pleasantly surprised. Instead, there was none of the awkwardness I was expecting (at least not until the very end where Alfin decided to start butting in again), just a moment of Elise being a genuine supportive sibling and dragging Rean out of his rut of self-pity and doing a pretty good job at it.

Billzasilver
Nov 8, 2016

This backstory voiceover is already amazing :wtc:

Is this eligible for game of the year :swoon:

edit: HOLY gently caress CHECK THE BACKSTORY INTERMISSION

Billzasilver fucked around with this message at 09:34 on Feb 15, 2018

Last Celebration
Mar 30, 2010

Some Numbers posted:

I'm legitimately shocked that you won with regular attacks. How did you deal that much damage? How did you not die from only having two heals?

I was like level 68 on Nightmare and managed more or less doing that, it’s basically kinda RNG-reliant though since Morning Moon isn’t an auto-dodge but if the 50% dodge procs, you know, 50% of the time and you’re keeping up your TP by never forgetting the stances it’s feasible.

Stabbey_the_Clown
Sep 21, 2002

Taco Defender

Some Numbers posted:

Admittedly, Alfin's scene in the chapel where her mask slipped did a LOT for her character, that one was well done, but it's just that every other scene with her is basically the same.

I won because I dodged or tanked damage which I would otherwise have taken the full force of, and that gave me just barely enough of an edge to win. I was in critical health at the end.

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

enjoying his mountain vacay

Cryohazard
Feb 5, 2010
gently caress off Elise, I don't need your creepy incest poo poo.

Erpy
Jan 30, 2015
(insert title here)
Whenever creepy incest poo poo is brought up, the guilty party is usually not Elise, but Alfin, who gets cut a surprising amount of slack for dragging the issue into spotlight kicking and screaming over and over again.

Billzasilver
Nov 8, 2016

Don’t kinkshame princess Alfin

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER
I blame Olivier

AG3
Feb 4, 2004

Ask me about spending hundreds of dollars on Mass Effect 2 emoticons and Avatars.

Oven Wrangler
I was going to wait to get CS2 until Easter holidays so I could binge on it like I did the first game.

I lasted one day.

Erpy
Jan 30, 2015
(insert title here)

Billzasilver posted:

You can't shame something that has no shame.

tithin
Nov 14, 2003

[Grandmaster Tactician]

Billzasilver posted:

Kinkshaming is my kink

RevolverDivider
Nov 12, 2016

Rean is cool for actively spiting the idea of boning his sister every chance he gets. Everyone else is weird for never shutting up about it.

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

RevolverDivider posted:

Rean is cool for actively spiting the idea of boning his sister every chance he gets. Everyone else is weird for never shutting up about it.

I always got the impression that he literally did not understand that she wants to bone him.

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

I don't understand it either

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

I'm getting my rear end kicked by the first optional boss quest after you get access to AP's. I never done hard mode before, main problem is the mole heals for like 8k and I can barely do enough damage to even it out before he heals again (especially if he buffs up defense).

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

use Motivate and Saintly Force

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

I'm an idiot, it's a bounty?

• Locked thread