Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who?
Sara
Claire
Sharon
Crow
Olivert
View Results

• Locked thread
Nereidum
Apr 26, 2008

Some Numbers posted:

Has there been any news about getting PS3 save data to work with the PC version?

I took a quick look at the save files and compared them with my decrypted PS3 save files. Unfortunately, there's one major roadblock (and maybe a few minor ones). The PS3 has a big-endian CPU, while PCs are little-endian, and the save files seem to follow the CPU's endianness. To get a PS3 save to work in the PC version, you'd have to reverse the order of the bytes for each individual value that's greater than one byte long, which requires you to know how many bytes long each value is. It might be possible to figure this out for at least some of the data by comparing a save from each version at the very beginning of the game, but that might not be a foolproof solution, since a lot of the data might just be all zeroes at the start of the game. I might take a look at it a bit more tonight to see if there's any hope of getting it to work.

The PC version's save files also appear to be slightly smaller, but I haven't had time to try and figure out what or where the difference is.

Also, it looks like there's an additional file in the PC version that may keep track of which save slots are in use, so that might also have to be edited to get it to make use of a save file that it didn't produce itself (not sure about this, though).

Finally, I'm not exactly sure how it'll handle the game clear saves yet (though I have a guess). The saves are all numbered, and the numbers seem to have some meaning. In the PS3 version, regular saves were in the range 000-099, clear saves started at 100, and 255 was used for the system data. Since the PC version now gives you 400 slots (numbered 000-399), I'm guessing the clear saves probably start at 400, since the system data is now 511.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nereidum
Apr 26, 2008

Terper posted:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/8sa1hl78n0148fn/save000.dat?dl=0

NG+ file. Drop it in users/[username]/Saved Games/FALCOM/ed8_2

You'll need to choose to load game, and then choose the very first save file. It won't be visible, but it's there.

Reposting my comment on this from the Falcom thread:

As the guy who made this, I will caution everyone that I made it by hex editing a save from the very start of the game. I've tested it by loading it to start a NG+ and skipping through the cutscenes up to the point where you get control for the first time, and everything appeared to work fine, but I suppose it could be possible that there are side effects that only appear later.

Since it's from the start of the game, there's not much point in selecting any of the Carry-Over items, as there really isn't much of anything to carry over. It's mostly useful for getting the bounses (costumes, the mira/sepith bonus, and max bonding points). You still get to load your own CS1 save during the NG+ prompts, so don't worry about that part.

• Locked thread