Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who?
Sara
Claire
Sharon
Crow
Olivert
View Results

• Locked thread
Zaggitz
Jun 18, 2009

My urges are becoming...

UNCONTROLLABLE

This game and its sequel have easily some of the best dubs in the business. Please do not mourn the lack of jp voices.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zaggitz
Jun 18, 2009

My urges are becoming...

UNCONTROLLABLE

StandardVC10 posted:

So this started out as a Vita game? Does it work on the PSTV?

It does, it's also on ps3.

Zaggitz
Jun 18, 2009

My urges are becoming...

UNCONTROLLABLE

Game is out today, friends. I doubt my toaster can run it but you know I'm gonna drop the money on it the second i get home from work.

Zaggitz
Jun 18, 2009

My urges are becoming...

UNCONTROLLABLE

They should backport turbo mode into the sky games so people can stop citing the slow combat as a barrier to entry.

Zaggitz
Jun 18, 2009

My urges are becoming...

UNCONTROLLABLE

Tae posted:

All I see in the steam page is "WHERES JAPANESE AUDIO"

WE WANT THE GENUINELY INFERIOR DUB AND WE WANT IT NOW.

ITS NOT REAN COLDSTEEL IF HES NOT GIVING THE MOST BORED DISAFFECTING PERFORMANCE IN A JRPG EVER.

Zaggitz
Jun 18, 2009

My urges are becoming...

UNCONTROLLABLE

Tae posted:

I said trails 1 because I vastly prefer trails 2 combat music. Trails 1 sounds kinda generic in comparison.

stop calling cold steel trails 1, it's like trails 6 my dude.

Zaggitz
Jun 18, 2009

My urges are becoming...

UNCONTROLLABLE

Tie a Link of Arcus debuts in CS1 and while the super arrange version in 2 is better its still a supremely baller track.

Zaggitz
Jun 18, 2009

My urges are becoming...

UNCONTROLLABLE

Stabbey_the_Clown posted:

I'm almost ready to start Sky the 3rd, so I won't be jumping into this game right away, but I'll be interested in hearing how the mouse/keyboard controls are - most notably for the fishing and swimming minigames.

I've put together a Mini-guide to missables in Chapters 1 through 4. It's not complete because it's actually based only on Some Numbers's ongoing LP.

Kinda, although $8 of that can at least be attributed to the exchange rate difference.

https://psnprofiles.com/guide/3725-the-legend-of-heroes-trails-of-cold-steel-trophy-guide This is basically the go to guide for 100%. There's an equally comprehensive one for the sequel too.

Zaggitz
Jun 18, 2009

My urges are becoming...

UNCONTROLLABLE

Omi no Kami posted:

Weirdly enough, I haven't found FC slow yet, so much as I find it overwhelming; thus far there have been a massive number of state changes between each plot beat, to the point that I feel like I can basically run around town and get new content for tons of NPCs that isn't vital to the plot, but which I want to get. So it always turns into a huge-seeming endeavor that requires a certain mood to play and really enjoy without rushing through. ^^

If you've already started Sky theres no reason not to keep on that trilogy till its done and then jump on Cold Steel then. Trails in the Sky 3rd in particular has a bunch of worldbuilding that exists solely to set up some key points in Cold Steel in advance.

Zaggitz
Jun 18, 2009

My urges are becoming...

UNCONTROLLABLE

Zaggitz posted:

If you've already started Sky theres no reason not to keep on that trilogy till its done and then jump on Cold Steel then. Trails in the Sky 3rd in particular has a bunch of worldbuilding that exists solely to set up some key points in Cold Steel in advance.

Also bear in mind that the way these games tend to handle things is to give you a slower pace first game that lets you soak in the world and the characters in it before going buckwild in the second installment now that you are invested.

Zaggitz
Jun 18, 2009

My urges are becoming...

UNCONTROLLABLE

Tae posted:

Trails 1

I am begging you with all my soul to stop this.

Zaggitz
Jun 18, 2009

My urges are becoming...

UNCONTROLLABLE

The Colonel posted:

he's not going to stop

it's like if someone started going around calling megaman x "megaman 1"

Zaggitz
Jun 18, 2009

My urges are becoming...

UNCONTROLLABLE

Billzasilver posted:

Just bought it from gog, I'll download it over WiFi next week. Is any of the downloadable content worth paying for?

its just costumes, wait for a bundle sale.

Zaggitz
Jun 18, 2009

My urges are becoming...

UNCONTROLLABLE

Stabbey_the_Clown posted:

HOW necessary? Because there's flat-out no way I'm buying the bait.

max carryover is just a bit more money and sepith when you start a crossover game, don't stress about it too much. All you really want is the max AP reward.

Zaggitz
Jun 18, 2009

My urges are becoming...

UNCONTROLLABLE

Terper posted:

"Mr Thornton, we're putting Trails of Cold Steel on PC, could you reprise your role as Baron Bleublanc for some more lines?"
"HAHAA"

I'm excited to hear him and all the cool npcs who end up voiced in the sequel. Also excited to hear the ones who got downgraded get their voices back in 2.

Patrick...

Zaggitz
Jun 18, 2009

My urges are becoming...

UNCONTROLLABLE

Nord Highlands is a good example falcom's ambition crashing facefirst into their budget and manpower.

Zaggitz
Jun 18, 2009

My urges are becoming...

UNCONTROLLABLE

This is a game where you can use your faves and it just happens that the objective best faves (laura and fie) are really good in combat.

Zaggitz
Jun 18, 2009

My urges are becoming...

UNCONTROLLABLE

Cryohazard posted:

I mean I was expecting a gut-punch at the end, I totally called (end-game spoilers) Misty and Sharon being Ouroboros, but Crow completely blindsided me- I figured C stood for Clotilde, and Crow didn't use anything even resembling a twinblade.

One of those is even better cause it's a double twist. Sharon is an enforcer but she's on leave right now, and chooses to help the good guys.

Zaggitz
Jun 18, 2009

My urges are becoming...

UNCONTROLLABLE

I got my new laptop yesterday which is probably mid range in terms of general perfomance and Cold Steel runs like an absolute dream as advertized. I'm prob not gonna actually replay it for a good while but it's good to know I can comfortably run the best version of the game.

Zaggitz
Jun 18, 2009

My urges are becoming...

UNCONTROLLABLE

Caidin posted:

Oh, crap your right.

Dorothee looks like she could snap at any moment.

Snap open an extremely lewd boy love book, in any case.

Zaggitz
Jun 18, 2009

My urges are becoming...

UNCONTROLLABLE

Happy International Women's Day...

Zaggitz
Jun 18, 2009

My urges are becoming...

UNCONTROLLABLE

The Colonel posted:

really what i'm glad about is keeping va for any minor characters who lose it

Voiceless Patrick in cs2 is a game crime and I'm glad our lord and savior Hatsuu is delivering swift justice..

Zaggitz
Jun 18, 2009

My urges are becoming...

UNCONTROLLABLE

There's no mention of Jurai in the sky games but there is mention of the event that eventually lead to Jurai's annexation in SC and 3rd. FC is more focused on Liberl itself and how it's been recuperating(or in the case of Richard, very much the opposite) since the failed invasion by Erebonia. SC gets into the events and secrets of the war proper and 3rd is when they blast open the lore with a cannon and we get to learn way more about the other countries of the world.

Zaggitz
Jun 18, 2009

My urges are becoming...

UNCONTROLLABLE

Billzasilver posted:

I guess I'm asking for CS1 specifically, but where can I find details about NG+ only quests in all the games?

of the english releases only cs2 has ng+ exclusive questlines and bosses. CS1 has one added scene near the end of the game I think but even that is extremely minor and just serves to reveal a thing the very end reveals anyway a bit sooner.

Zaggitz
Jun 18, 2009

My urges are becoming...

UNCONTROLLABLE

CS1 is my least favorite game in the series but CS2 rules and you should like it because it's way more Trails with a lot of political intrigue and the civil war is cool and good.

Sharon rules though you hella drool for not liking her immediately.

Zaggitz
Jun 18, 2009

My urges are becoming...

UNCONTROLLABLE

Terminally Bored posted:

The civil war arc was good. Shame there was so little of it.

That's because it's the entirety of the second game, dude!

CS2 is also way less rigidly structured and way more free form.

Also my personal biggest problem with CS1 is it's a game that feels terrified to engage with the world building and lore set up in the previous games in favor of being sort of a pseudo jumping on point for newcomers. Anything huge gets handwaved away or "I'll explain later!!" happens. CS2 rectifies this problem completely and is full of references to even some obscure backstory poo poo like the Salt Pale.

Zaggitz
Jun 18, 2009

My urges are becoming...

UNCONTROLLABLE

BearDrivingTruck posted:

I’d like to play Cold Steel PC (and the rest of the series), but all I’ve got in terms of a computer is a recent-model MacBook laptop. If I got windows on it via Boot Camp, could I play these games?

You could definitely play the Sky Trilogy since it can basically run on xp tier old windows netbooks. Cold Steel is very well optimized but I don't know enough about emulating windows on mac to make a definitive call.

Zaggitz
Jun 18, 2009

My urges are becoming...

UNCONTROLLABLE

Some Numbers posted:

Speaking of hating CS2, whatever happened to Slur? He just up and vanished after CS2 came out.

A friend of his told me he was trying to unplug and be a less lovely person so I don't think we're likely to see him again.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zaggitz
Jun 18, 2009

My urges are becoming...

UNCONTROLLABLE

Sidesaddle Cavalry posted:

I'm on a NG+ file and his ongoing translation of the Black Records has atrocious handwriting (actually it's the unofficial HD font being too wide and causing text to spill off the page)

Speaking of books, I almost forgot to read the CS2 Drama CD story! Which then led me to read about the surprise guest character in it. Which then led me to go back and read Carnelia and drat :stwoon:

You should also read the Ring of Judgement Manga if you haven't! It's about Estelle and Joshua from the Sky Trilogy going on an adventure with Toval during their search for Renne in the city the Drama CD takes place in. It's extremely good and fully translated into english!

https://www.esterior.net/2016/08/translation-wednesday-bonus-ring-of-judgment-complete-download/

• Locked thread