Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who?
Sara
Claire
Sharon
Crow
Olivert
View Results

• Locked thread
Terminally Bored
Oct 31, 2011

Twenty-five dollars and a six pack to my name
Trails experts - should I wait for Ao/Zero to be translated before playing this (I'm in the middle of 3rd rn)? Does CS spoil anything that happens during Crossbell arc?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Terminally Bored
Oct 31, 2011

Thanks, that's a relief! Also thanks to the programmer-goonette for adding turbo to 3rd. That was the only thing I didn't like about the series.

Terminally Bored
Oct 31, 2011

Is there any way to force this best pc port of all time to display fullscreen on a 16:10 monitor? Is there a keyboard shortcut somewhere?

Terminally Bored
Oct 31, 2011

The Colonel posted:

nope

considering how much work went into the graphical end of the game i'm going to assume something about the engine just makes it literally impossible, like how they still couldn't fix non-xinput controllers having weird issues with diagonal movement

I'm sure Durante worked his rear end off but I would really appreciate it if instead of supporting crazy 3 monitor setups or infinite dof he put basic stuff like centering the game window on the screen or a mouse cursor lock toggle.

Terminally Bored
Oct 31, 2011

good to know

Terminally Bored
Oct 31, 2011

Some Numbers posted:

I'm so glad I'm here for fresh players' reactions to the ending.

I'm at Ch. 3 right now. I loved Sky and expected CS to be way, way worse than this. Sure, there are more stupid new-school anime tropes here (I can kinda see Agate using a huge fuckoff sword in Sky as he was a buff ex-ruffian but here it's wielded by a skinny teenage girl in a mini skirt) but it still got tons of soul. Trails is the best-written JRPG series I ever played. Everything has so much character here.

Still feel like I'm missing vital info from Zero/Ao though. Who's the dude that's travelling with Anton for example?

Terminally Bored
Oct 31, 2011

Goddamn, now I have to replay the whole Sky trilogy AGAIN.

Terminally Bored
Oct 31, 2011

Finished the game last night. I'm not sure what to think. I appreciate the combat improvements (way, way better than Sky for sure) but it's not why you play Kiseki games for. The story was underwhelming unfortunately. It really didn't help that they crammed all the Things Actually Happening in like the last 30 minutes of the script. The calendar didn't work at all - characters were discussing stuff that happened a month ago like it was yesterday. It was also monotonous - bit of school plot, dungeon, miniboss, bit of town plot, dungeon and a bigger boss, repeated six times.

The female character designs were awful. It seems that north of the Liberl line girls need to wear nothing but miniskirts and boots. Also one of the bosses has boobs bigger than her face. And of course there are witches and murderous maids (who are apparently into S&M stuff). It's like they tried to cram every lovely new-school anime cliche they possibly could.

I think I'll go through Sky games again, this time talking to ALL the npcs.

Terminally Bored
Oct 31, 2011

Wasn't Erebonia supposed to be Germany and that country Zin was from to be Japan-based?

Terminally Bored
Oct 31, 2011

Also, what did they use to pad out CS2? More fighting?

Terminally Bored
Oct 31, 2011

I do drool. Hated Sharon in every scene she was in.

The civil war arc was good. Shame there was so little of it.

As for Sky sure, the 12 year old girl with a scythe and 3 PHDs was stupid too, but at least she wasn't wearing cyberlingerie.

Terminally Bored
Oct 31, 2011

Or do like I did and cheatengine the hell out of all sepith and buy whatever you want.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Terminally Bored
Oct 31, 2011

Cephas posted:

Is Cold Steel's structure significantly different from Trails in the Sky's? I've liked a lot of the bracer guild sidequests, but as a whole I don't really like how they slow the momentum of the plot down so much. I'm in the middle of Zeiss in FC and I just can't feel motivated to do random errands for people when the game's plot is finally starting to get moving.

If you didn't like the plot moving at glacial pace then be warned that in CS1 nothing loving happens for 95% of the game. Then in like an hour you get a barrage of twists, turns and huge reveals and the game ends.

• Locked thread