Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who?
Sara
Claire
Sharon
Crow
Olivert
View Results

• Locked thread
Sidesaddle Cavalry
Mar 15, 2013

Oh Boy Desert Map
Bought and downloading this game right now on my embarassingly expensive PC, I am ready to crush the graphics settings at maximum! I hope I can deal with the slow burn story better than TitS. Will probably try playing without a guide to hopefully make things faster/less obsessive.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sidesaddle Cavalry
Mar 15, 2013

Oh Boy Desert Map
Instructor Sara is great :neckbeard:

Also, the first three guys comparing weapons under the school house:
:awesome:
:dong: :japan:
:dong: :vuvu:

Sidesaddle Cavalry
Mar 15, 2013

Oh Boy Desert Map
Hello the boss in the Prologue was actually pretty interesting for a first boss. (Spoilers needed?)Like I never expect a first boss go through multiple phases, and heal itself, and change its damage resistance properties.

Playing on Hard, by the way.

Sidesaddle Cavalry
Mar 15, 2013

Oh Boy Desert Map

Some Numbers posted:

The rear end in a top hat with the glasses and the shotgun? He's one of my favorite characters.

Yo I'm in chapter 2, why does he yell at everything and everyone

alternatively, yelling a lot is v. cool

Sidesaddle Cavalry
Mar 15, 2013

Oh Boy Desert Map
git gud at rhythm games

I was really grateful for Turbo Mode last week when I played through Chapter 3. Lots of backtracking all over the area that I got to fast-forward through, especially since I decided to hunt a few extra U-Materials

Sidesaddle Cavalry
Mar 15, 2013

Oh Boy Desert Map
Finished Chapter 4, also known as Reveal Your Childhood Weekend Machias did get better. Also I have a really bad/sorry feeling about Elliot considering what he wants.

Sidesaddle Cavalry
Mar 15, 2013

Oh Boy Desert Map

Last Celebration posted:

Post your reaction to Elliot's dad when you get there.

THE MUSCULAR EMBRACE OF OLAF CRAIG, GENERAL OF THE 4TH ARMORED DIVISION AND PROUD AND LOVING FATHER, WHO IS EVER OPTIMISTIC ABOUT HIS SON'S PROSPECTS FOR THE FUTURE

Please tell me he has to answer to Fiona at some point. :3:

Sidesaddle Cavalry
Mar 15, 2013

Oh Boy Desert Map
Yassssss!

Sidesaddle Cavalry
Mar 15, 2013

Oh Boy Desert Map
Now I need to try and pace myself in finishing these last 1.5 chapters of cs1 to be able to start on the cs2 port right away, and then pace that to finish on the launch of a cs3 localization

Watch me turn into a skeleton right before your very eyes

Sidesaddle Cavalry
Mar 15, 2013

Oh Boy Desert Map
I have not seen the snowboarding minigame but if it's in any way possible for mouselook/aim to make controlling it more precise, then that can be a thing

also aaaaaaaAAAAA stop tempting me to finish CS1 and wait months and months :magical:

Sidesaddle Cavalry
Mar 15, 2013

Oh Boy Desert Map
Just checking: is the Falcom thread in CS3 spoilers mode now?

Sidesaddle Cavalry
Mar 15, 2013

Oh Boy Desert Map
Forgot to mention that I asked because I'm way too eager for updates on localization but afraid of looking at anything because I'm trying to avoid knowing what happens in the last chapter of CS1.

Now I will turn into a spooky ghost

Sidesaddle Cavalry
Mar 15, 2013

Oh Boy Desert Map

Endorph posted:

the female character designs in cold steel, are, good

Sidesaddle Cavalry
Mar 15, 2013

Oh Boy Desert Map
Mine did but then they sealed it off because people were doing orbal drugs inside and banging around in the dark

Sidesaddle Cavalry
Mar 15, 2013

Oh Boy Desert Map
Belated post, I finished Chapter 6 a ways back early last month.

Fie you're a bad role model.

:getout:

Probably going to finish the game through the end of the year--I just can't hold it in for much longer!

EDIT: There was a Drama CD for this exact point in the game, right? Before the beginning of the last chapter? Was there a translation for it anywhere?
EDIT 2: Nevermind, found it on the XSEED CS2 site
edit 3: wow rean

Sidesaddle Cavalry fucked around with this message at 14:26 on Dec 2, 2017

Sidesaddle Cavalry
Mar 15, 2013

Oh Boy Desert Map
Yeah the three of them sat on one side of the table that time and just responded with no break in pace at all.

I still have no idea what Ouroboros is like other than they're mysterious and make robots

Sidesaddle Cavalry
Mar 15, 2013

Oh Boy Desert Map
I crossed the finish line just a couple of days ago on Friday. It was my first Trails game that I'd played more than an hour of, and my first turn-based-but-not-tactical-grid-based JRPG that I'd played since uhhh Bravely Default 1 iirc. There is just so much...STUFF! in the game! I never would have believed the number of programmers were outnumbered by the number of writers until I saw the credits. I stopped caring that I was playing a PC port of a 2015 PS3 game very, very early.
Best part about the final twist was first the feeling that the gang had achieved something great after the last dungeon, then everything hitting as if the game were saying "nuh uh you aint getting off easy!", and then having to fight the last battle IN A STATE OF SHELLSHOCK from what's going on. :allbuttons:
By the way, Elliot's dad sounded exactly the way I imagined he would.

I'm glad I stuck it through the cyclical chapters and enjoyed so many character interactions along the way. They really added to the weight and UGH I GUESS emotional investment from spending the time with it in chunks since earlier this year. I have a Vita and I'm desperately holding myself back from the PS Store for II! Is it safe to go back to the Falcom thread now? I'm a bit curious about the Japanese PS4 remakes of Cold Steel that were announced to be released next spring.

Sidesaddle Cavalry
Mar 15, 2013

Oh Boy Desert Map
My fever dream is that they run on the ToCS3 engine instead of using upscaled versions of the PS3-oriented assets from this port. (From what I've read, no in-game images have appeared yet, yeah?) In addition to ToCS1+2, it looks like Falcom's used PhyreEngine for a bunch of games like Ys VIII and Tokyo Xanadu which look nice but screenshots of legendofcoldsteel part iii look so extra and gooder

Sidesaddle Cavalry
Mar 15, 2013

Oh Boy Desert Map
Dangit that'll teach me not to believe Wikipedia next time :argh:

Sidesaddle Cavalry
Mar 15, 2013

Oh Boy Desert Map
Wait now there's going to be a fourth ToCS? Just kill me now

Sidesaddle Cavalry
Mar 15, 2013

Oh Boy Desert Map

lets hang out posted:

You will never escape Rean Coldsteel

Driven by curiosity, I backed into Rean Coldsteel's coldsteel, and now I can't back out

Sidesaddle Cavalry
Mar 15, 2013

Oh Boy Desert Map
Will anyone else be posting here playing CS2 for the first time? I'm unable to jump in on launch day this week, so I'm eager for others' impressions first

Sidesaddle Cavalry
Mar 15, 2013

Oh Boy Desert Map
Yep, was a fun read and I wish it would have made it into CS1 as more than some mentions!

I forgot to address an issue I noticed towards and especially during the final chapter at school: Did unlimited draw distance end up inducing a lot of 0-fps stutter for anyone else, where the game had to wait for a lot of objects to get fed into it?

I know it's a pretty excessive option to turn it on in the first place, but my CPU seemed to handle it just fine all the way up until then. It feels like night and day compared to Chapter 4, for example, which I would have imagined was a similar situation.

Sidesaddle Cavalry
Mar 15, 2013

Oh Boy Desert Map
Finished prologue, Toval is good :hellyeah: (EDIT: NG+ Nightmare, hope I don't regret it!)

Also, you know it's a Falcom game when the cat has her own character flaws and is conscientious of them

Sidesaddle Cavalry fucked around with this message at 03:07 on Feb 26, 2018

Sidesaddle Cavalry
Mar 15, 2013

Oh Boy Desert Map
CS2: Just got started again and made it back from Celdic/Garrelia.

"Oh, he doesn't just stand on his tank, he does it in live fire combat. And then he makes a squad of mecha pilots consider retreating when he shouts at them."

Elliot and General Craig are such ideal anime people and I want to see them make it through this war!

Sidesaddle Cavalry
Mar 15, 2013

Oh Boy Desert Map

Can't wait to get my hands on the best-selling works Woo Baby and Christ, Who's Gonna Die First?

Sidesaddle Cavalry
Mar 15, 2013

Oh Boy Desert Map
I was messing around with the HD resolution user interface assets from a few months back and still had them in

Sidesaddle Cavalry
Mar 15, 2013

Oh Boy Desert Map
Act 2 - Wow, It's Finally the Game I Wanted to Play Halfway Through CS1

Sidesaddle Cavalry
Mar 15, 2013

Oh Boy Desert Map
Nah, just the slightly non-linear ability to travel for once.

Instructor Thomas's disguise was the worst thing and I'm glad he put it on

Sidesaddle Cavalry
Mar 15, 2013

Oh Boy Desert Map
I'm on a NG+ file and his ongoing translation of the Black Records has atrocious handwriting (actually it's the unofficial HD font being too wide and causing text to spill off the page)

Speaking of books, I almost forgot to read the CS2 Drama CD story! Which then led me to read about the surprise guest character in it. Which then led me to go back and read Carnelia and drat :stwoon:

Sidesaddle Cavalry
Mar 15, 2013

Oh Boy Desert Map
Got Ring of Judgment ready to read in a bit, thanks for the recommendation.

Also, I'm punching my card as having beaten CS2 for the time being--I made it to the Epilogue. Unless there's stuff I shouldn't miss in it?

Oh, Rean. You are so screwed. I'm loving his bizarre marriage to the Empire now contrasting with the gushy feelings he has for Class VII. He's beginning to turn into that kind of character you can't help but feel for no matter how ridiculous things get, since by CS2's end it's been what, 120+ hours? CS3 seems like it's going to be a beautiful trainwreck, and I mean that in the most Blueblanc way possible.

Sidesaddle Cavalry
Mar 15, 2013

Oh Boy Desert Map
im playing im playing

Sidesaddle Cavalry
Mar 15, 2013

Oh Boy Desert Map
Okay now I'm done-done.

1. Keep up the good work, Instructor Thomas!
2. Anton is a good man and I will defend him to the death
3. I am utterly drained emotionally now, please link me back to the Falcom thread if it has been remade

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sidesaddle Cavalry
Mar 15, 2013

Oh Boy Desert Map
Oh and 4. HAPPY FATHER'S DAY

• Locked thread