Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who?
Sara
Claire
Sharon
Crow
Olivert
View Results

• Locked thread
AG3
Feb 4, 2004

Ask me about spending hundreds of dollars on Mass Effect 2 emoticons and Avatars.

Oven Wrangler

Tae posted:

I hope it's soon cause a lot of people will be pissed when they beat CS1

This is from the start of the thread, but I just beat the game and this is me now. I should have known though since I was also pissed when I beat Trails in the Sky 1 :v:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AG3
Feb 4, 2004

Ask me about spending hundreds of dollars on Mass Effect 2 emoticons and Avatars.

Oven Wrangler
Cliffhanger ending aside (as that's par for the course with this series), I'm not sure how I feel about the game suddenly going PersonaXGundam during the last hour. I guess I'll have to reserve judgement for when C2 comes out on Steam.

On the flip side the cliffhanger ending made left me unsatisfied enough to go and play Trails in the Sky SC which I had bought but never gotten around to playing, so at least something good came out of it.

AG3
Feb 4, 2004

Oven Wrangler
I was going to wait to get CS2 until Easter holidays so I could binge on it like I did the first game.

I lasted one day.

AG3
Feb 4, 2004

Oven Wrangler

Billzasilver posted:

Skinship :chloe:

Is the whole royal family like this :drat:

Royalty is all about keeping it in the family.

AG3
Feb 4, 2004

Oven Wrangler
Well, beat CS2 after 63'ish hours (maybe minus a few hours considering the turbo function also speeds up the in-game clock). I never finished Trails in the Sky SC, but from the three Trails games I've completed so far, feeling very unsatisfied with the ending seems to be a recurring pattern for me :v:

I read about it beforehand, but it really shows that the Cold Steel games were supposed to be just one game, because by god is the second game stuffed to the gills with filler content. Even after taking out the Infernal Castle the loving game just wouldn't end, but had to drag it out another 10-15 hours or so with mostly dumb sidequests and a sewer level with characters I've never seen.

I liked the games, ending(s) notwithstanding, but I feel like CS2 makes you work too hard for the interesting story bits, and at the end of it all it doesn't really feel like there's any closure. Then again, I guess that's to be expected considering it's all supposed to fit into one really long storyline spanning a ton of games with different characters.

AG3 fucked around with this message at 23:07 on Feb 23, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AG3
Feb 4, 2004

Oven Wrangler
Finishing SC is on the "list", hopefully I'll get around to completing it someday.

• Locked thread