Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ass cobra
May 28, 2004

by Azathoth

rear end cobra posted:

FOotball is such a poo poo sport

just kidding of course

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

oliwan
Jul 20, 2005

by Nyc_Tattoo

rear end cobra posted:

just kidding of course

it's great op

RideTheSpiral
Sep 18, 2005
College Slice

:trumppop:

Aggro
Apr 24, 2003

STRONG as an OX and TWICE as SMART

Aggro posted:

Come on you Fimleikafélag Hafnarfjarðars

Nooooo my beloved Fimleikafélag Hafnarfjarðars lost to Braga despite a brace from Böðvar Böðvarsson (son of Böðvar).

RideTheSpiral
Sep 18, 2005
College Slice

Aggro posted:

Nooooo my beloved Fimleikafélag Hafnarfjarðars lost to Braga despite a brace from Böðvar Böðvarsson (son of Böðvar).

i was saying Böðvar Böðvarsson

szary
Mar 12, 2014
https://streamable.com/ua5hh

Eredivisie defending

ass cobra
May 28, 2004

by Azathoth
theyre no Knattspyrnudeild let me tell you

Insurrectionist
May 21, 2007

lol I stopped watching by that point since I figured RBK would get bummed after 1 - 2, well done not collapsing I suppose

no wonder Rosenborg managed to win, that's defending straight out of the Norwegian league and they tend to win there, so

ass cobra
May 28, 2004

by Azathoth
I hope we meet young boys, sorry, Young Boys in the group stage

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY
When do I find out what poo poo third world clubs Arsenal will be playing?

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

it is better if you keep saying I'm fat, as I will continue to score goals
Fun Shoe

blue footed boobie posted:

they play one every weekend OP

fat greasy puto
Dec 30, 2001

Anime Lover David Beckham
lol at ajax, legia, fenerbahce and a small lol at midtjylland

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2017%E2%80%9318_Arsenal_F.C._season#Players

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

and then the car turned in to fire

trem_two posted:

they play one every weekend OP

:bisonyes:

greazeball
Feb 4, 2003

Groups have been drawn, looks easy for Arsenal, dunno how good Lyon are these days but Everton should do OK in their group.

Looking forward to the reception the Serbs, Albanians, Romanians, Ukranians and Israelis get in Switzerland (the Czechs should be OK, they're good hockey-loving people).

RideTheSpiral
Sep 18, 2005
College Slice
uefa decided that they couldnt draw russian and ukrainian teams in the same group but put partisan and skenderbeu in the same group. nice one idiots

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY
I've always dreamed of watching my London Gunners play Crvena Zvezda on a Tuesday night.

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

RideTheSpiral posted:

uefa decided that they couldnt draw russian and ukrainian teams in the same group but put partisan and skenderbeu in the same group. nice one idiots

Didn't this happen last year too? Or am I thinking of the Euros draw? It's pretty ridiculous, OPs.

poty
Jun 21, 2008

虹はどこで終わるのですか? あなたの魂の中で、または地平線で?
I've decided to follow this competition this year on the off chance a Young Boys - Nice match could take place

RideTheSpiral
Sep 18, 2005
College Slice

Gigi Galli posted:

Didn't this happen last year too? Or am I thinking of the Euros draw? It's pretty ridiculous, OPs.

possible. there is a rule that kosovo cannot be drawn with other yugo countries but they made a tie between turkey and Armenia so lol I guess

Aggro
Apr 24, 2003

STRONG as an OX and TWICE as SMART
Every game in Group B is going to be played behind closed doors. Jesus.

vivisectvnv
Aug 5, 2003

RideTheSpiral posted:

that should be spicey as hell op

Gigi Galli posted:

it was serbia and albania in the euro quals group, it was amazing, the drone game

vivisectvnv fucked around with this message at 15:35 on Aug 25, 2017

RideTheSpiral
Sep 18, 2005
College Slice

vivisectvnv posted:

it was serbia and albania in the euro quals group, it was amazing, the drone game

not as good as when the croatian fans attacked their own marshalls and tried to get their own team disqualified

greazeball
Feb 4, 2003

Aggro posted:

Every game in Group B is going to be played behind closed doors. Jesus.

I think you will find that fans of Young Boys are nice, honest people who will welcome all visitors to lovely Wankdorf Stadium. We just won't sell any alcohol and there will be an unnecessarily large police presence because foreigners are ruining Switzerland and the Swiss are unfairly oppressed in their own country :reject:

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

vivisectvnv posted:

lol yeah that's what I was thinking of. That owned.

Milan's got a piss easy group, should walk that.

vivisectvnv
Aug 5, 2003

RideTheSpiral posted:

not as good as when the croatian fans attacked their own marshalls and tried to get their own team disqualified

or the cheeky groundskeepers imprinting a swastika into the field for one of their home games

just god bless :tito: in general

RideTheSpiral
Sep 18, 2005
College Slice

vivisectvnv posted:

or the cheeky groundskeepers imprinting a swastika into the field for one of their home games

just god bless :tito: in general

Croatians are the loving worst balkans by a distance

Troy Queef
Jan 12, 2013

vivisectvnv posted:

and guess where the drone game was held? Partizan's stadium, so it's entirely possible we might see another brawl.

god I love football.

shut up blegum
Dec 17, 2008

--->Plastic Lawn<---

I've always dreamed of watching my London Gunners play Crvena Zvezda on a Tuesday night.

Too bad. Europa League games are played on Thursday night.

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

Cacati in mano e pigliati a schiaffi!

RideTheSpiral posted:

Came here to post this. The last time an Albanian team went to Serbia, someone flew a drone on the pitch and a big loving fight broke out and then the Albanian players had to leave the pitch due to safety concerns. It almost started an international incident with both leaders pointing fingers at each other. The forfeit was originally given to Serbia, but it was eventually reversed in Albania's favor. It was Euro qualifier and the reversal actually helped Albania qualify for Euro 2016.

REALLY loving STUPID IMO. Doesn't matter though, they're going out.

ass cobra
May 28, 2004

by Azathoth

Soulex posted:

Came here to post this. The last time an Albanian team went to Serbia, someone flew a drone on the pitch and a big loving fight broke out and then the Albanian players had to leave the pitch due to safety concerns. It almost started an international incident with both leaders pointing fingers at each other. The forfeit was originally given to Serbia, but it was eventually reversed in Albania's favor. It was Euro qualifier and the reversal actually helped Albania qualify for Euro 2016.

REALLY loving STUPID IMO. Doesn't matter though, they're going out.

what youre saying is that uefa knows good entertainment and wont stop it??

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

rear end cobra posted:

what youre saying is that uefa knows good entertainment and wont stop it??

I am not saying it would not be entertaining no. I'm saying it's like Tinder matching you with your cousin and everyone is telling you you have to follow through because of "rules."

It's entertaining for everyone else.

nutri_void
Apr 18, 2015

I shall devour your soul.
Grimey Drawer

Soulex posted:

I am not saying it would not be entertaining no. I'm saying it's like Tinder matching you with your cousin and everyone is telling you you have to follow through because of "rules."

It's entertaining for everyone else.

Leagues that aren't named England, Germany, Italy, Spain or Champions League aren't real leagues
Therefore, everything surrounding all other leagues is also not real
Therefore, no one actually gets hurt, no matter how many people get hurt

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

But they were in the Champions league, therefore they are a real league.

The real question is which side is going to be missing the most stuff out of their cars?

RideTheSpiral
Sep 18, 2005
College Slice
lets go my best team fc astana

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RideTheSpiral
Sep 18, 2005
College Slice
lol rooney

• Locked thread