Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Flaggy
Jul 6, 2007

Grandpa Cthulu needs his napping chair

Grimey Drawer
NHL 18 is 11 bucks on the PS4 sale. I probably paid way too much. So did EA just kill off OTP?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Flaggy
Jul 6, 2007

Grimey Drawer
They said they changed the skating/hitting blah blah blah. It's 22gb

Flaggy
Jul 6, 2007

Grimey Drawer
You need the lootboxes to be a functional player lol. gently caress EA. Skipping this one.

Flaggy
Jul 6, 2007

Grimey Drawer

JoelJoel posted:

Slow, all the players play exactly the same, and it crashes constantly requiring a complete app restart.

3s are okay if a bit stale.

I might be able to overlook all the poo poo for half the asking price but gently caress loot boxes and gently caress ea.

Can we convince Sega to get back into making hockey games?

I think EA pays an enormous sum for the license than forbids the company from allowing another company to make the game. Also, gently caress loot boxes so I can unlock 3 more goalie sayings I will never use.

Flaggy
Jul 6, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Bradf0rd posted:

Nope. It's just that no one else will make an NHL game.

https://twitter.com/EASPORTSNHL/status/819625884789313536

Well poo poo.

Flaggy
Jul 6, 2007

Grimey Drawer

HanabaL03 posted:

I'm really enjoying Ones mode. Quick games, and they are usually entertaining and close. My go to mode so far.

I really like ones, except when the goalie gives up easy shots from across the ice.

Flaggy
Jul 6, 2007

Grimey Drawer

prom candy posted:

I haven't played an NHL game since 16 or maybe even 15 but I'm getting that itch again. Worth it? I mostly liked to play online versus but some of that EASHL stuff where everyone was actually on an even playing field sounded cool.

I hate to admit it because EA, but this year its halfway decent.

Flaggy
Jul 6, 2007

Grimey Drawer
I still play 3's in NHL 19 and consistently get games. I think alot of people avoided 20.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Flaggy
Jul 6, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Duke Chin posted:

They changed how you play / matchmake in Threes™ & Ones™ in 20 on a fundamental level and it's stupid as hell.

I am glad I did not get it than, what did they do differently?