Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Schremp Howard
Jul 18, 2010

What attitude problem?
I really only care about Be A GM, but I imagine there hasn't been enough time to give it a real review. Any initial impressions compared to 16/18

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Schremp Howard
Jul 18, 2010

What attitude problem?
The only sports game I can consistently get through the season is Madden (and even then I’m still just playing 2004) and NCAA Football 14. There’s no way I can do an 82 game season for other sports, so with hockey I usually sim through the regular season and make adjustments as I progress and play the playoff games. I’ve done that with the last basketball game I bought too (I think it’s 2k9?) and enjoyed myself/felt like I had realistic stats.

Somehow I played through a full 162 game season of MVP baseball 2005 when it came out.

Schremp Howard
Jul 18, 2010

What attitude problem?
Ok so I still have 16 installed on my PS4 and ran into issues with franchise mode in 18 where it still re-signed players I specifically did not offer contracts. It’s just a beta but this doesn’t sound promising. If I don’t care about HUT or Chel and just want to do franchise stuff, is there enough improvement from 16 to 19 to justify the $10 it is on PSN right now?

Schremp Howard
Jul 18, 2010

What attitude problem?
I was initially mad that I bought 19 for $10 or something like that over the summer and then the next day EA announced improvements to the franchise mode, but it sounds like a made an alright move.

I wish this would return to PC. otherwise I’ll probably wait for 22 to come out for PS5.

Schremp Howard
Jul 18, 2010

What attitude problem?
God it sounds like they did gently caress all with franchise again. Should I just keep messing with 19 or are any of the years after worth upgrading to?