Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ashekaban
Aug 30, 2011
Mostly been playing through the Threes mode. Real nhl 10 vibes from it on the first feelings, especially since you can curve shot. Circuit mode lets you unlock stuff during it, New players, mascots, Jerseys. Some unlocks are based on online co-op, beating everything("stars"), difficulties. There is 152 games you play in the mode

They added a practice mode to teach you how to do hockey things, sponsored by Hockey Canada.

HUT has offline challenges now for more points, do not ask about HUT

EASHL seems the same, Didn't delve super deep into it. New logos though!

Otherwise, game play made some weird changes I don't get in the control scheme.
No Longer is there the cut at the puck (RB+Up)
Cannot figure out how to hipcheck consistently
The New Defensive skill stick just seems to get in the way more, should of just kept it how it was last year.
Cannot make an instant pass after a reception. This might be an error, But i cannot receive a pass and immediately one touch it to someone else. This seems really weird.
Comps now wont always pass you the puck when you call for it.

Currently going through franchise to see what works and doesn't. Everything as a whole has faster menus, and simming doesn't actually take forever.

EDIT : Also, ten free hours with EA Access, and Ive put in about 6, with 3 of that being threes, as it feels better then actually playing the other modes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ashekaban
Aug 30, 2011

Duke Chin posted:

Why people still, or ever, paid actual real live moneys for EA access is still a thing that continues to blow my mind

Because paying 5$ a month to an access of 20 games i can play whenever I want, get free trials for thir games. Plus the included discount on those games. (Pay 5$, get 7$ off in Canada.). Being able to give NHL 18 a good ten hour test run for 5$ is decent. Add in I get 10 hours of fifa, 10 hours of Madden, plus everything else or the backlog, is well worth the price.

Ashekaban
Aug 30, 2011

Pleads posted:

This is the worst NHL game in the franchise.

e: This franchise will die in 2 years.

Id go with last year.
Threes and 3on3 EASHL are a nice enough addition to keep it decent.
The biggest issue I feel is the actual Gameplay.
Threes feels how I want EASHL to be (Minus the giant hits all the time), But the speed of EASHL is just completely horrendous. And exceedingly offputting.