Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cocaine Bear
Nov 4, 2011

ACAB

We got dynamic beard technology yet?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cocaine Bear
Nov 4, 2011

ACAB

Why pre order anything? Like do you get a golden hockey stick or something? I'll never understand why people feel the compulsion to buy a game before anyone has had a chance to say how poo poo it is.

Cocaine Bear
Nov 4, 2011

ACAB

Slow, all the players play exactly the same, and it crashes constantly requiring a complete app restart.

3s are okay if a bit stale.

I might be able to overlook all the poo poo for half the asking price but gently caress loot boxes and gently caress ea.

Can we convince Sega to get back into making hockey games?

Cocaine Bear
Nov 4, 2011

ACAB

Duke Chin posted:

Okay that's fine but seriously what in THE gently caress is a CHEL?!?

we've still never solved what in the gently caress a The Wild is...

Chel, bro.

Cocaine Bear
Nov 4, 2011

ACAB

Dynamic Playoff Beard Technology™

$90, PLEASE!

E: sorry, just realised my folly. Clearly that'll be dlc, so it'll be 90+29.99

Cocaine Bear
Nov 4, 2011

ACAB

Pleads posted:

Nice 3 month thread resurrection, you dope.

(NHL 20 is the worst game in the franchise, imho)

Worst game in the franchise so far

Cocaine Bear
Nov 4, 2011

ACAB

Can you still sign a handful of guys from Europe and bundle them with 3 or 4 lower round draft picks for Crosby and Malkin?

Also, it's in for 12 bux? That's almost low enough for me to check it out...

Cocaine Bear
Nov 4, 2011

ACAB

I checked it out. 12 bux is fine for what you get. Boggles my mind how slow and clunky they manage to make every loving menu. I swear it has to be on purpose at this point.

Cocaine Bear
Nov 4, 2011

ACAB

sellouts posted:

It is not worth $12 and stop giving them your money.

I've been plying 16 for nearly 5 years, so 12 bux is worth it to play 3s and I'll probably play a management mode once real hockey is done. If you bought it in the last couple years already it definitely isn't worth it.

Cocaine Bear
Nov 4, 2011

ACAB

I like to get wasted with my buds and play some hackey after the bar (back when that was a thing, at least) and 16 doesn't have 3s so it's fine but maaaaan they need to do a full redesign so loving bad. The wife played half a game before noticing some names were off or missing and asked if I updated the rosters or something.

Come back 2k, we'll buy you this time, we promise!

E: or was it a licensing issue that killed 2k... Either way, gently caress ea forever.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cocaine Bear
Nov 4, 2011

ACAB

Hockles posted:

This is probably the most apt review of the series:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UaV72g-t9-o

Love that the game is so boring and bland and broken that Jon felt the need to tell a long, unrelated story about a part time job he once had to pad the runtime. Excellent work, as always, EA.