Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Friendly Lurker
Apr 7, 2012

IOIOIOIOIOIOIO
I skipped NHL '17 and was looking forward to '18 this year, since I was playing '16 for years now. It's about the same as ever, but I do enjoy playing online a little bit more than with NHL '16. Nothing seems to be improved, I just invested a little more time to online play and actually enjoy it now.

The auction house isn't so bad once you have some coins to buy decent players. It could use a massive overhaul, but it's usable at least. I got a Stamkos and sold him for 150k, now I'm down to 15k and a decent roster, but I think I handled that wrong :downs:

I have a list of questions, not my original intention in this post, but it's worth asking here I guess. When I play online, I can hang in there with some of the matches, but usually I get destroyed and it feels like my kid must feel when he tells me to go hard on him. I've been browsing youtube and reddit for tips and stuff, but is there some secret or glitch I'm not aware of with the PS4 version?
- Why do I get stopped at the blue line every time by the opponents D, but i can't ever line up a check with my D? (poke check seems better this year though)
- Why can the opponent make cuts with the mediocre players and I can't even come close to their maneuvers with my 86's and 87's?
- When the game lags due to a bad connection, is it doing that for both players? Is there a way the other guy is making it lag when I am winning or on a breakaway?
- Does literally every other player out there know the goalie controls? I may as well move my goalie out of the way on a Penalty Shot.

Most of this is just rambling out loud, I'm sure I'm just not as good as I thought at this game. TLDR; NHL '18 is OK compared to NHL '16.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU