Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

OldSenileGuy
Mar 13, 2001
How long does EA keep putting out roster updates? I haven’t played an NHL game in a few years and saw this one free on Xbox so I grabbed it but the last roster update is from April and it doesn’t have Kravtsov or Adam Fox in it and it won’t let me put Kakko OR Hughes on the rangers

Am I supposed to play through the summer with an inaccurate rangers team like some kind of jabroni?????????

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OldSenileGuy
Mar 13, 2001

Hockles posted:

e: for the rookies, you would have to go into Edit Player and change their "Drafted By" to the Rangers, and maybe make them one year older if that's possible for a player already in the game.

No good, the “drafted by” and birthdate fields were both grayed out.

Aren’t there nerds out there that have created all the new players already and shared the attributes? I found one spreadsheet that had stats for a few players, but it wasn’t anyone I cared enough about to create.

How the hell does EA not have an online character creator or the ability to share created characters yet?

OldSenileGuy
Mar 13, 2001
Feelin' the itch to do some trades and team creation, so I was thinking about picking up NHL 20 on Xbox for 12 bucks. But also the next one comes out in a couple months, but there's no way I'm paying full price for it.

I saw that EA Access is only 30 bucks for the year - anyone know if new games are released right away on EA Access, or is there a delay?

OldSenileGuy
Mar 13, 2001
drat, oh well. I'll probably pick up NHL20 for 12 bucks then and just play it for ~3 months like I always do before dropping it. Wish it had showed up on Games with Gold like 19 did last year, but no such luck. (

OldSenileGuy
Mar 13, 2001
I played 19, but as i said it was because I got it for free with Games With Gold. I think the last one before that i actually paid for was 16.

Half of the fun for me is loving around with trades and rosters, so it's not as fun to play the older versions with outdated rosters and missing players. I do wish there was a companion app or website that let you do all the management/menu work on a computer and then just jump in the game to play. With the processing power of the XBox OneX / PS4Pro, I have no idea how these menus are still SOOOOO SLOOOOOWWWWW

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OldSenileGuy
Mar 13, 2001
I’ve only had this game for two days, and I really worry it will give players unrealistic expectations for how often Snoop Dogg enters the broadcast booth in reality.