Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Doctor Butts
May 21, 2002

I bought it though so I'd like to play it and get the money's worth.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Doctor Butts
May 21, 2002

Man all the player graphics (jerseys/gear) look muddy and I went into my first EASHL drop-in and I swear to god it looked like I was playing The Sims

Doctor Butts
May 21, 2002

Skating movement and some of the physics do feel a lot different. A lot of animations have changed/look more fluid, but a couple of the skating animations look a little overdone.

At least with this tuner, pileups at the blue line can happen with the right kind of hit. There's not much of that whole thing where the one guy falls and the other guy bounces off of him and keeps skating (even less than last year). That other guy will fall more often. And the guy behind him could get caught up too.

It's changed a lot, I think.

You earn unlocks for your loadout fairly quickly, at least in beta Drop-In. These are things like a primary skill, secondary skill, and one trait (maybe I have that backwards). The primary has more weight than the secondary, so this is a bit like skill unlocks back in (16?). Your template determines most of it: you choose from the same ones you did back in 18, but you can modify it not only with those skill/traits, but you can also modify how tall or how much your guy weighs (within a set range depending on the template). When you change height/weight, you'll see how it postively or negatively affects the points in each stat.

I haven't played a club game yet, but if you do anything else you're dumped into the World of CHEL (Chel is basically how you say "HL" fast. As in EASHL or NHL) where you equip your starter bag full of gear so you can sort of tell your guy apart from others on the ice. I don't know if your unlocks carry over to EASHL, but I suspect they do. As you level up in CHEL you get your unlocks/gear bags for more outfits/gloves/I don't even know).