Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BrokenCycle
Nov 15, 2004

A Rough Job, But...
This is the first year I'm skipping this game since 09.

I am a poke check spammer in online, so I think I would love this game, but I think playing against the Mortal Kombat dekers will be incredibly annoying.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BrokenCycle
Nov 15, 2004

A Rough Job, But...
I think I made the mistake of buying this game too. I can't help it.

BrokenCycle
Nov 15, 2004

A Rough Job, But...
Well I'm going to troll all you guys right now, but I have to say that I actually like this game...

I've played around 35 Online Vs. games so far. Passing feels much more improved. It's much faster, and more accurate. Passing from D to D is really responsive, and cycling the puck is rewarding. There's way less offsides, too. I don't know if it's an animation thing, but they really try hard to keep it in. I thought that the game would be annoying with all the kids online trying to show off their deke moves, but I haven't encountered that so far. The defensive skill stick is also something unnecessary to learn, but does add a lot of depth to the game when you actually see what you could do with it. The defensive AI defending the rush, from what I have seen so far-- ask me again in a few weeks, doesn't go full retard and skate into the middle of the ice anymore for no reason. Love the new ranking system. I love that if you win you get roughly the game amount of points for beating anyone online. It falls more in line with hockey being an unpredictable sport where the best team doesn't always win.

There are a number of complaints I have with the game. Puck possession feels nice, but the off the puck stuff feels a little too whacky and unpredictable. The puck chop is now worthless. There's a lot of really lame goals going in currently, but that's the case with every NHL game, and they just fix them with tuners eventually. The soundtrack is complete poo poo again and doesn't fit hockey at all. The presentation has improved a lot since last game, but the cracks are really starting to show and it's time for an overhaul.

I'll just wait until Black Friday to buy this game every year now.