Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Your reaction:
Dun care~
Furi...... Curi??????
Forehead boner
gently caress YEEEEAAAAAAH THE PIIIIIIILLOOOOOOWS B)
View Results

• Locked thread
The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
there's some good staff on flcl2 but i have zero confidence in it being good until it comes out

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

Sindai posted:

According to ANN it's entirely Production IG (who also worked on the original) and the director of Psycho-Pass.

Production IG literally bought the rights to FLCL in a sale that I presume happened since Gainax badly needed cash.

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

DrSunshine posted:

Well... no. Look, I tried really hard to "get" it because like all my friends really enjoyed it, and I wanted to understand what it was that they liked so much about it. But I found that I was kind of bored and extremely confused every single time!

But this is really helpful! I'll try reading this article and see.

There's a lot of shows I like that I haven't seen 6 times.

I don't think I even saw k-on 6 times

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench
Let's see if it's true or not.

CannonFodder fucked around with this message at 21:54 on Jul 31, 2017

Ranzear
Jul 25, 2013

GorfZaplen posted:

I feel like making a nostalgic sequel to a series about setting aside childish hangups and coming to terms with the fact you won't be young forever is missing the point a little bit

Sakurazuka posted:

Or, ya know, maybe they're self aware and that'll be the point?

I've heard that Evangelion Rebuild is regarded this way by some, where Shinji's "Fuckin' do it already" attitude in 2.22 is mirroring those who just want more Evangelion, and the poo poo-show (their regard) it turns into in 3.33 is what both Shinji and the audience deserve for that.

I think that might be assigning Anno a little too much credit and cynicism.

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
Wasn't there some analysis about what the metaphor of "Curse of the Evas" actually meant something along the lines of "JESUS poo poo JUST GROW THE gently caress UP ALREADY, YOU drat WEEBS!" or something like that?

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

I mean it's not even subtle about it, it's literally called 'The Curse of Eva' and causes the teenage characters to not age despite the timeskip but it's t never really explained in anyway other than that.

Soul Reaver
Mar 8, 2009

in retrospect the old redtext was a little over the top, I think I was in a bad mood that day. it appears you've learned your lesson about slagging our gods and masters at beamdog but I'm still going to leave this av up because i think its funny

god bless

Sakurazuka posted:

I mean it's not even subtle about it, it's literally called 'The Curse of Eva' and causes the teenage characters to not age despite the timeskip but it's t never really explained in anyway other than that.

Or it could be a badly-written excuse not to age some of the most iconic characters out of their hot, hot 14-year-old looks. Not gonna get those sweet otaku bucks if Asuka looks like an adult!

Seriously, any "why?" raised by Evangelion 3.33 can be answered with "because the writing is very poor"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Triggerhappypilot
Nov 8, 2009

SVMS-01 UNION FLAG GREATEST MOBILE SUIT

ENACT = CHEAP EUROTRASH COPY

The showrunner's dilemma: the poorer the writing is, the richer Anno gets

• Locked thread