Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Geemer
Nov 4, 2010

That stuff about 3D cameras being poo poo and "why don't they just make the wall translucent instead of being garbage" is actually all because of patent law.
Konami has a patent on making the camera phase through the wall and turning the wall translucent, so everyone else is stuck with poo poo garbage solutions.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GameboyHero
Apr 11, 2010

KieranWalker posted:

Edit: I actually like this part of Agrabah. It feels a little more fleshed out and the direction in the cutscenes is a lot better (in particular, the one of Team Sora confronting Jafar at the palace is actually pretty good).

Just in general, the revisits are better than the initial visits--the game plays to its strengths when it's doing new things with its various worlds instead of just lamely rehashing the originals.

I will admit, wanting to just get into the in-game may have cloud my judgment a bit but yea it's certainly better than just "hey remember the movie plot???" again. The heartless bosses have been pretty alright but I can still hate on Port Royal's weird save system for after the world is done.

Also, boy I've late to this but things have been a mess for us. We only just recorded our last podcast episode yesterday after about a month of waiting though we're trying to adjust our recording schedule to make this go by quicker and easier. We can't record on weekdays due to our work schedules so we're hoping to get in several episodes this Saturday. So at this point, I'm just hoping to have a new update by Sunday at least. So I apologize for the looooooong waits in between lately.

GameboyHero
Apr 11, 2010

Next few weeks are still gonna be busy for us to record anything but we did manage to squeeze in a few videos before then. Also gotta be creative in my manga panel choices since no tNbC and LK in it.

GameboyHero
Apr 11, 2010

We're hoping to get some recordings soon but it's almost over. Everything's just about recorded. All that's left is Data-Xaldin, Data-Xigbar, Data-Xemnas and the final story fight.

Geemer
Nov 4, 2010

I'm gonna be honest with you guys: If you provided non-drunk informative commentary, I would not last through this loving wreck of a game.
Every video I watch makes me more glad I gave up shortly after getting control of Sora, back when I tried playing this right after beating the original KH.

KeiraWalker
Sep 5, 2011

Me? Don't worry about me...
Grimey Drawer
I freely admit the Pride Lands sucks on both visits.

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat
When you think about it, the Circle of Life is just a rule of nature :v:

GameboyHero
Apr 11, 2010

KieranWalker posted:

I freely admit the Pride Lands sucks on both visits.

Geemer posted:

I'm gonna be honest with you guys: If you provided non-drunk informative commentary, I would not last through this loving wreck of a game.
Every video I watch makes me more glad I gave up shortly after getting control of Sora, back when I tried playing this right after beating the original KH.
I'll still be happy trying to provide some information in whatever game I'm steering but what Kingdom Hearts has taught me is that people going into this blind is great if only for the sheer magnitude of not knowing how stupid this story has gone. It's what'll make doing BBS and 3D all the worthwhile cause holy poo poo.The gameplay still being pretty good to me is just the cherry on top of this madness.

Speaking of.

I'll go more into detail on my thoughts in revisiting KH2 in full in the final video, but at the very least, this gives me time to finish up BBS and 3D on the PS4 so I can unlock Critical mode when we're not actively recording commentary.

GameboyHero
Apr 11, 2010

Took ages but we finally at the start of The World That Never Was. Plot finally back in full swing and oh yea Axel's dead rip.

SilverFire
Dec 31, 2012
I might have missed it, but when did Sora find out about Roxas?

GameboyHero
Apr 11, 2010

SilverFire posted:

I might have missed it, but when did Sora find out about Roxas?

He hasn't exactly. He knows people have been calling him Roxas, usually Org XIII members he thinks are screwing with him, but never why they have been calling him that. He'll get his answer soon enough.

SilverFire
Dec 31, 2012

GameboyHero posted:

He hasn't exactly. He knows people have been calling him Roxas, usually Org XIII members he thinks are screwing with him, but never why they have been calling him that. He'll get his answer soon enough.

Thank you for clarifying that. I never played this game before.

GameboyHero
Apr 11, 2010

Getting into TWTNW only to leave just as quick. Still need to finish up the remaining Disney worlds before finishing the plot proper.

bawk
Mar 31, 2013

please, please do not blue ball me on Atlantica oh my god

KeiraWalker
Sep 5, 2011

Grimey Drawer
Ahaha, yes, the Donut. My wife and I find this thing absolutely hilarious. It absolutely freaking obliterates every Gummi section in the game with pure, concentrated cheese. It's glorious.

GameboyHero
Apr 11, 2010

thecluckmeme posted:

please, please do not blue ball me on Atlantica oh my god
It's finally time.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=deuroIzlBMg

Geemer
Nov 4, 2010

I'm not sure if I liked the singing better or worse than UNDER DA SEE on loop. What the gently caress just happened?

Mico
Jan 29, 2011

A billion dollars.
*quiet sobbing*

bawk
Mar 31, 2013

Seven.

Vajanyas.

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

Soiled Meat
Oh God that's worse than I remember it being. Whose idea was that level?

Also I never liked The Little Mermaid because Ursula scared the poo poo out of me as a kid and still kind of does. Part of Your World is a top-5 Disney song however.

GameboyHero
Apr 11, 2010

And with this, we wrapped up the Disney Worlds. Only reason left to visit them is to get anything I was missing and grind for synth items. All that's left is plot and some Final Mix content. Finally almost there!

KeiraWalker
Sep 5, 2011

Grimey Drawer

C-Euro posted:

Oh God that's worse than I remember it being. Whose idea was that level?

On the other hand, I love how Sora has absolutely none of Ursula's poo poo when she's disguised as Ariel and just blasts her with the keyblade the instant he sees her. That is legitimately one of my favorite moments in this game.

GameboyHero
Apr 11, 2010

There's just two episodes left to commentate so I got a decent backlog to post now. Should hopefully be done with this by the first week of July.

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

Soiled Meat
Even when I first played this game I thought it was weird that, after a year apart, Sora can only a muster a "I'm glad you're OK" when reunited with the love interest from the first game. Meanwhile as soon as he realizes that the big Ansem-looking guy is actually Riku he falls to his knees weeping with joy. I feel like there's some Japanese bro code context that's missing here.

GameboyHero
Apr 11, 2010

C-Euro posted:

Even when I first played this game I thought it was weird that, after a year apart, Sora can only a muster a "I'm glad you're OK" when reunited with the love interest from the first game. Meanwhile as soon as he realizes that the big Ansem-looking guy is actually Riku he falls to his knees weeping with joy. I feel like there's some Japanese bro code context that's missing here.

I always willing to give this a pass since he knew Kairi was fine when the Twilight Bros told him they saw Kairi with them. Sora's last moment with Riku was at the door to Kingdom Hearts in the realm of darkness so where he's been since then has been a mystery to him. It is a little much but this is Sora so being a big sap about missing his best friend makes some sense.

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

Soiled Meat

GameboyHero posted:

I always willing to give this a pass since he knew Kairi was fine when the Twilight Bros told him they saw Kairi with them. Sora's last moment with Riku was at the door to Kingdom Hearts in the realm of darkness so where he's been since then has been a mystery to him. It is a little much but this is Sora so being a big sap about missing his best friend makes some sense.

Oh yeah, I forget that she meets up with the cool teens earlier in the game. His reaction makes a little more sense when you factor that in.

GameboyHero
Apr 11, 2010

So close yet so far. Now all that's left is the optional content. Cavern of Rememberence is gonna be fuuuuuuun.

Geemer
Nov 4, 2010

C-Euro posted:

Meanwhile as soon as he realizes that the big Ansem-looking guy is actually Riku he falls to his knees weeping with joy. I feel like there's some Japanese bro code context that's missing here.

You mean you wouldn't you cry if Buff Riku suddenly stood before you?

GameboyHero
Apr 11, 2010

This was a fun video to edit and to hear them react to all this bullshit. But just so I'm clear: You want to do this at a much higher level since, as you can see, everything here can murder you pretty easy. you generally want to use summons like Stitch who can recharge your magic and stunlock enemies if your HP is low as well as using limits period since you're completely invulnerable during them. Also loving rip if you chose sword or magic. CoR is a fun post-game dungeon that is much fairer to the player than just about anything that has come out after and I hope KH3 has something like that at some point.

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

Soiled Meat
I knew what was at the end of that but I hadn't seen the actual Cavern run until now, and hoo boy that last hallway looked terrible.

Was that huge uptick in deaths just for that first section, or for the entire hallway?

GameboyHero
Apr 11, 2010

C-Euro posted:

Was that huge uptick in deaths just for that first section, or for the entire hallway?

The entire hallway. As I mention in the video, the first two aren't too much of a problem if you can react fast enough. It also helps that those sections are much shorter than the last and have easier to manage nobodies to fight. Dancers who can grab you from just about any animation to the Sorcerer's sentient cubes can destroy you instantly is terrifying. Not to mention how long you have to endure.

GameboyHero
Apr 11, 2010

Two videos left, both recorded. Rest of the LP should finally be up by this time next week.

Final Mix added a bunch of post--game content, mostly harder fights with previous bosses, but it did add in a fight you can't forget, in a good way!

That including meeting up with 13 strange little fellows and what was already included, a rematch with good ol' Sephiroth.

KeiraWalker
Sep 5, 2011

Grimey Drawer
Jesus Christ. :magical:

Lord Cyrahzax
Oct 11, 2012

And that poo poo is why KH2's postgame is not remotely worth it

1234567890num
Oct 6, 2017

Why would you quit limit form with 1 HP then use Curaga when you can just use any of its limits to restore HP?

Terra is fun and all, but I ALWAYS die if hit with the crossbow attack, so seeing you survive it twice is amazing.

GameboyHero
Apr 11, 2010

1234567890num posted:

Why would you quit limit form with 1 HP then use Curaga when you can just use any of its limits to restore HP?

I’ve never realized that they healed till very late in the game, so a lot of that was force of habit and, for the CoR, the heat of the moment.

1234567890num
Oct 6, 2017

I'm impressed that you managed to get through Cavern of Remembrance with 5 drive gauges without summons. I had to rely on the combo of Peter Pan's MP orb drops+Reflega and Tinker Bell's regen+Second Chance/Once More with Tinkerbell's revive for safety. Which basically means abusing that summon, dismissing and resummoning them everytime Tinkerbell revived me.

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

Soiled Meat
That Terra fight is so drat anime and I love it.

E: Yes I know that the whole game is anime, the Terra fight just takes it to a new level IMO

C-Euro fucked around with this message at 16:26 on Jul 5, 2018

Geemer
Nov 4, 2010

'the gently caress is Terra?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GameboyHero
Apr 11, 2010

Geemer posted:

'the gently caress is Terra?

Joke answer: An angered powered piece of armor.

Serious answer: Boy, you're gonna love Birth by Sleep.

GameboyHero fucked around with this message at 00:41 on Jul 6, 2018

• Locked thread