Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
KeiraWalker
Sep 5, 2011

Me? Don't worry about me...
Grimey Drawer
Oh, man, I have been waiting for this thread with bated breath since the KH1 thread ended. *titters with glee*

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KeiraWalker
Sep 5, 2011

Grimey Drawer
I forget, does anything in particular happen if you beat Setzer, or do you just not get anything for it?

KeiraWalker
Sep 5, 2011

Grimey Drawer
I seriously hope the donut ship makes an appearance. It's too hilarious not to show off. I watched my then-fiancee (now wife) absolutely destroy every gummi mission in the game with it.

KeiraWalker
Sep 5, 2011

Grimey Drawer
I don't know why Ping sucks so much, when Mulan's actually a pretty decent party member after losing the disguise.

I mean, I guess you could write it off as part of the story progression but that's a pretty thin excuse.

KeiraWalker
Sep 5, 2011

Grimey Drawer
Last time I played this, I just handed the controller to my wife when the game required doing anything in the 100 Acre Wood.

Although I honesty forget how much the game actually forces you to do in that respect.

KeiraWalker
Sep 5, 2011

Grimey Drawer
You know, one wonders what drove Pete to such villainy as to work with Maleficent. The game doesn't ever go into that, does it? I don't quite recall.

KeiraWalker
Sep 5, 2011

Grimey Drawer
Port Royal is a pretty cringe-worthy adaptation of the first PotC. It could have been a lot better, even ignoring the shoddy voice acting, if they'd spent some time and imagination to come up with an original plot instead of just a slapdash cliff notes version of the movie's story, but I suppose the same could be said of a lot of KH's worlds. It just... really stands out here in particular.

I mean, at least they actually had Ming-Na Wen voice Mulan.

KeiraWalker
Sep 5, 2011

Grimey Drawer
Actually, yeah, Return of Jafar ended with Iago kicking the lamp into a pit of lava. It did destroy the lamp, and Jafar's death was pretty unsettling.

KeiraWalker
Sep 5, 2011

Grimey Drawer
Man, I can't wait to see the death counter on that loving thing. I almost quit my first playthrough of KH2, it was such a brick wall for me.

KeiraWalker
Sep 5, 2011

Grimey Drawer
*watches video*

My wife's response to the Anti-Sora thing: *long, agonizing wail* Oh, that's like having blue balls and THEN getting kicked in the sack.

Edit: Don't know if it's explained in the video (yet), but Xehanort's nobody is called Xemnas, because Xehanort stole Ansem's identity.

KeiraWalker fucked around with this message at 03:58 on Mar 6, 2018

KeiraWalker
Sep 5, 2011

Grimey Drawer
Barbossa (not "Barbarossa") came back at the end of the 2nd movie and was a protagonist in the 3rd movie and kind of an antagonist in the 4th movie (until he wasn't). Main antagonist of the 4th movie was Blackbeard.

Edit: I actually like this part of Agrabah. It feels a little more fleshed out and the direction in the cutscenes is a lot better (in particular, the one of Team Sora confronting Jafar at the palace is actually pretty good).

Just in general, the revisits are better than the initial visits--the game plays to its strengths when it's doing new things with its various worlds instead of just lamely rehashing the originals.

KeiraWalker fucked around with this message at 05:35 on Apr 1, 2018

KeiraWalker
Sep 5, 2011

Grimey Drawer
I freely admit the Pride Lands sucks on both visits.

KeiraWalker
Sep 5, 2011

Grimey Drawer
Ahaha, yes, the Donut. My wife and I find this thing absolutely hilarious. It absolutely freaking obliterates every Gummi section in the game with pure, concentrated cheese. It's glorious.

KeiraWalker
Sep 5, 2011

Grimey Drawer

C-Euro posted:

Oh God that's worse than I remember it being. Whose idea was that level?

On the other hand, I love how Sora has absolutely none of Ursula's poo poo when she's disguised as Ariel and just blasts her with the keyblade the instant he sees her. That is legitimately one of my favorite moments in this game.

KeiraWalker
Sep 5, 2011

Grimey Drawer
Jesus Christ. :magical:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KeiraWalker
Sep 5, 2011

Grimey Drawer

Mico posted: