Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
The Joe Montana Division Won Last Year
Wooo!
People who vote "Wooo!" are wrong people
No checkbox? Voted you suck
I don't play in this league but I'm going to vote anyway
View Results

• Locked thread
Diqnol
May 10, 2010

Montana Excellence. Champs last year, best overall record this year, highest points scored this year, champs this year. Are the other divisions even playing?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

darkwolf220
May 14, 2009

SOON :stare:

Looking forward to next season, if I am going to be running this (or if the Burritos want to run this), how does Jetguy transfer over the league? Or is this simply a case of starting a new one and just continuing on in name? Also Jetsguy, I know you are stepping down as commissioner, but will you still be here as a player or are you retiring for good?

Also, lets have a postmortem of the season. Was there anything that didn't really work out? Any suggested changes for next year? I enjoy this league a lot and would be interested in making it better.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

darkwolf220 posted:

Looking forward to next season, if I am going to be running this (or if the Burritos want to run this), how does Jetguy transfer over the league? Or is this simply a case of starting a new one and just continuing on in name? Also Jetsguy, I know you are stepping down as commissioner, but will you still be here as a player or are you retiring for good?

Also, lets have a postmortem of the season. Was there anything that didn't really work out? Any suggested changes for next year? I enjoy this league a lot and would be interested in making it better.

We're not going to run it, and you've expressed interest, so it makes sense to me to make you the commish (unless Jetsguy objects for any reason). As far as transferring it, I think he would just have to add you as a league manager (http://games.espn.com/ffl/resources/help/faq?name=what-are-lm-powers-and-who-has-them) and then he could stay on with those same powers until you're comfortable running the whole thing. I've helped someone in another ESPN league and they assign me LM powers, I help out, and then they remove them from my team.

As far as the only thing that didn't work out, it was having an 11-2 team that lost in the first round due to multiple injuries, but that's not the fault of the league. Or is it? :argh:

Possible ideas for next year:
1. Changing to an auction format - While I would love this, I can't imagine how long a draft would take with 20 of us doing an auction. This is probably not feasible for a league this size.
2. Changing to a FAAB (Free agent acquisition budget) system instead of the waiver system - This I'd be more in favor of instead of the current weekly resetting waiver OR
3. Changing to a non-resetting waiver wire that allows you to keep your waiver slot until you use it. Then you move to the bottom of the list until others use their waivers.
4. Adding a .5 PPR option.

This is pretty much one of my favorite leagues to play in, and the roster size/IR slots that we have now works for me. I wish we could find a replacement for Xtranormal so we could do some trash talking animations, but sadly I haven't found anything that would really fit the bill. But honestly, if everything stays the same in the end, I'm fine with that too.

Braksgirl
Dec 25, 2010

Unofficial Goon Disney travel agent since 2014!

Tens of Goons served!

I have zero interest in running a league, so have at it, buddy.

tadashi
Feb 20, 2006

We need to have a Dan Marino divisional conference before next season. I at least want the championship back in the division even if I have to give all of you my best players.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

tadashi posted:

We need to have a Dan Marino divisional conference before next season. I at least want the championship back in the division even if I have to give all of you my best players.

Montana is catching up to Marino. 3 championships to 4, with two straight years of excellence.

Power of Pecota
Aug 4, 2007

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!

Silly Burrito posted:

3. Changing to a non-resetting waiver wire that allows you to keep your waiver slot until you use it. Then you move to the bottom of the list until others use their waivers.

I could get behind this, mainly because my fantasy basketball money league uses it and I've burned my waiver position assuming it'd reset the next week two years running.

darkwolf220
May 14, 2009

SOON :stare:

1: While a cute idea, it is not feasible in this league time-wise.

2: I prefer option 3, there are already more moving parts in this league than others, I'd hate to make it much more complicated.

3: Non-resetting waiver seems like a good idea. Lets take a vote for it and see if we can't at least get a handful of people still paying attention to this thread to weigh in on it.
For the record, I am for it.

4: This is interesting but I'd hesitate to change the league fundamentally. If anyone wants to put up a strong argument, I'm sure everyone'd listen, but I'd err on the side of consistency.

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

I'm voting no for non-resetting waiver wire. A league this size losing a player and having a high waiver pick every week is a death sentence.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

jabro posted:

I'm voting no for non-resetting waiver wire. A league this size losing a player and having a high waiver pick every week is a death sentence.

Not sure I understand why it's a death sentence. If you have the number 1-3 waiver pick and you lose a player and then use your waiver, you get bumped down to #20 and everyone else moves up. You can also use multiple waivers, you'll just keep resetting your position.

Or, you wait until waivers have cleared and pick up whoever is left.

Personally, I use my waivers in other leagues that do it. But there are people that hold on to that #1 waiver wire priority and never use it. :shrug:

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

darkwolf220 posted:

4: This is interesting but I'd hesitate to change the league fundamentally. If anyone wants to put up a strong argument, I'm sure everyone'd listen, but I'd err on the side of consistency.

Just more of an option to help out with offensive points. Considering most of our scores are in the 60s-80s on average and a QB can produce 50% of your offensive output, it would just swing a bit of balance back to the other offensive skill players.

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

I like non resetting waiver if there is a randomizer for initial waiver order since in a league this size earlier picking players are somewhat disadvantaged and thus would get double screwed.

I like everything else just like it is now.

Braksgirl
Dec 25, 2010

Unofficial Goon Disney travel agent since 2014!

Tens of Goons served!

I vote yes on PPR. I'm fine with the static waiver order thing, no strong feeling either way.

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

We come spinning out of nothingness, scattering stars like dust.

Yes on PPR, yes on non-resetting waiver for me.

tadashi
Feb 20, 2006

What about half PPR? I hate to add this argument late but PPR could be hell on people who don't get good draft positions.

I'm yes on non-resetting waiver.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

tadashi posted:

What about half PPR? I hate to add this argument late but PPR could be hell on people who don't get good draft positions.

I'm yes on non-resetting waiver.

That's what I'm proposing, .5 PPR.

Pain of Mind
Jul 10, 2004
You are receiving this broadcast as a dream...We are transmitting from the year one nine... nine nine ...You are receiving this broadcast in order t
I vote no ppr, but yes on non-resetting waiver.

commish
Sep 17, 2009

Congrats to the champ :)

I'm all for new rules. I have some ideas - I guess we can talk about it next summer. We have a few months.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

commish posted:

Congrats to the champ :)

I'm all for new rules. I have some ideas - I guess we can talk about it next summer. We have a few months.

Shoot them out now, it's slow time for fantasy football.

Dubious
Mar 7, 2006

The Heroes the Vikings Deserve
Lipstick Apathy
yes on ppr, ppr is good.

tadashi
Feb 20, 2006

Silly Burrito posted:

That's what I'm proposing, .5 PPR.

My bad. Yes to PPR, then.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007