Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
The Joe Montana Division Won Last Year
Wooo!
People who vote "Wooo!" are wrong people
No checkbox? Voted you suck
I don't play in this league but I'm going to vote anyway
View Results

• Locked thread
Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

We come spinning out of nothingness, scattering stars like dust.

Time for that playoff run

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

commish
Sep 17, 2009

I wouldn't even be mad if I lost in the playoffs to a Josh Gordon 200 yard, 3 TD game. I'd be happy for him.

chrix
Jan 3, 2004

Football man, the guy with the football plan

If I'm reading things correct, it looks like I'll be representing the Tony Romo division in the playoffs this year.

All hail the Dolphins D/ST!

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT
I think this should be the easiest year for calculating the playoffs ever. Just the slotting of seeds is the only thing needed.

JetsGuy
Sep 17, 2003

science + hockey
=
LASER SKATES
So thanks to Burrito for reminding me it's playoff time. I've paid literally zero attention this year, another implication I need to assign a replacement. I don't want to see the league die but I'm clearly not the person to run it anymore.

I'll try to get it done after work...

Braksgirl posted:

Our commissioner did not start a quarterback, had a kicker on bye, and a player ruled out. So, I'll also take that win, thanks.

You commissioner has had to play most of the season with both his QBs IRd and no even lovely QB available to pick up.

20 team league owns.

commish
Sep 17, 2009

Juiced didn't make the playoffs? Below .500 record? I'M SHOCKED. For someone who talks so much, you continually suck each and every year. Good luck in the losers bracket yet again.

JuicedSixFo
Mar 16, 2007
do you have any advice seeing as how you've played in the loser's bracket five more times than I have (once)

pmchem
Jan 22, 2010

Only person to crack 1000 points in the division, yet I miss the playoffs. Welp!

Power of Pecota
Aug 4, 2007

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!

Hey, the battle for 17th place is a rematch of week one, neat!

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

pmchem posted:

Only person to crack 1000 points in the division, yet I miss the playoffs. Welp!

You shoulda cracked 1200.

commish
Sep 17, 2009

JuicedSixFo posted:

do you have any advice seeing as how you've played in the loser's bracket five more times than I have (once)

You should have come to me for fantasy advice long ago. It's too late now but I'm happy to help you next year.

tadashi
Feb 20, 2006

Nothing like missing out on the real playoffs by 1 loving game.

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

I wonder what I could have gotten from JetsGuy for my McCown. A life unlived...

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT
Man, this is the nerve wracking part. You have what you hope is a good team, and hope that no one gets injured or has a belly flop of a game. I'm likely going in with a new WR and TE this week.

The best I've ever done in this league is 3rd place, and that's because Aaron Rodgers had one of his worst days ever. :argh:. Here's hoping Alex Smith stays in his own personal Chief Mode and keeps slinging TDs.

Good luck to you all, but mostly to me. :D

commish
Sep 17, 2009

Silly Burrito posted:

Man, this is the nerve wracking part. You have what you hope is a good team, and hope that no one gets injured or has a belly flop of a game. I'm likely going in with a new WR and TE this week.

The best I've ever done in this league is 3rd place, and that's because Aaron Rodgers had one of his worst days ever. :argh:. Here's hoping Alex Smith stays in his own personal Chief Mode and keeps slinging TDs.

Good luck to you all, but mostly to me. :D

It's very unfortunate that you have to play me this week. Because nothing stops the Goff train. NOTHING.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

commish posted:

It's very unfortunate that you have to play me this week. Because nothing stops the Goff train. NOTHING.

Not me, I'm pretty sure I'll be playing one of the 8-5 Montana teams once we get the seeds straightened out. Save that Goff train for later and meet the Alex Smith Express.

chrix
Jan 3, 2004

Football man, the guy with the football plan

Copied from the league manager post:

quote:

Ignore what ESPN says the seeding is because there's no way to put in conferences into ESPN...

AFC:
1) Clear #1 Seed Taco Tuesday
2) Baller Status wins Namath Division (beat Cows 2x)
3) Wisconsin Cows. (rule #2: 7-4 Conf record)
4) Jameis's Crab Legs Emporium (rule #2: 6-5 conf record)

NFC:
1) Clear #1 Seed Boudin Ballers
2) Clear #2 Seed Naptown Sleepers
3) Seattle Fraisers (rule #5: SoS; CORRECTION: rule #2, Division Record)
4) Discount Double Champ (rule #5: SoS; CORRECTION: rule #2, Division Record)

NOTE:
I skip rule #4 for wild cards (Margin of victories) as unlike with real football, you have no control over how many points your opponent scores.

UPDATE NOTE:
I forgot that if WC teams are in the same division you apply the division tiebreaker instead. Fortunately, it changes nothing as Seattle Fraisers have a better Division record too.

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

Diqnol posted:

My team will beat yours in the playoffs, you were lucky you hit me on my mega bye!

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

To the Pain!

I leave you in anguish, wallowing in freakish misery forever.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT
Losing Kamara....poo poo.

JetsGuy
Sep 17, 2003

science + hockey
=
LASER SKATES
Thanks for copying it over boys.

I really think I need to hand the league over to someone else for next season. I clearly cannot give it the attention I used to and we deserve better.

commish
Sep 17, 2009

Silly Burrito posted:

Not me, I'm pretty sure I'll be playing one of the 8-5 Montana teams once we get the seeds straightened out. Save that Goff train for later and meet the Alex Smith Express.

Oh, when I looked, we were matched up. No fear! Goff train will run over some other hapless person.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R1cdJmDZMQw

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

Anything is possible SB :)

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

Diqnol posted:

Anything is possible SB :)

Yep, looks like barring a miracle, you've got this one. At least I didn't play Cooper or Olsen. :shrug:

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

On the bright side at least the Saints have a QB :bang:

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

Diqnol posted:

On the bright side at least the Saints have a QB :bang:

God willing, we get our rookie RB back too. :ohdear:

Edit: Good pickup of Trey Burton. Start Stephen Anderson, they said. He'll be a good fill in for TE needy owners they said.

They is idiots.

Silly Burrito fucked around with this message at 01:35 on Dec 11, 2017

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT
The one bright spot: A Montana team is guaranteed to make the Super Bowl. Good luck you two.

darkwolf220
May 14, 2009

SOON :stare:

Well, I won a playoff game, but at the cost of Wentz's ACL. Guess I'm going to be riding the Garop train next week.

Real life laughs: Philly had a real shot at winning the Superbowl and now they don't. That's so Philly :haw:

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

JetsGuy posted:

Thanks for copying it over boys.

I really think I need to hand the league over to someone else for next season. I clearly cannot give it the attention I used to and we deserve better.

Soooooo.....who wants to be the new commish?

commish
Sep 17, 2009

Silly Burrito posted:

Soooooo.....who wants to be the new commish?

I already run a few leagues (hence my name) or I would.

Braksgirl
Dec 25, 2010

Unofficial Goon Disney travel agent since 2014!

Tens of Goons served!

I don't know nothing about runnin no leagues.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

Braksgirl posted:

I don't know nothing about runnin no leagues.

If you can handle three kids, you can handle 20 goons. You do it for Disney travel anyway. :)

darkwolf220
May 14, 2009

I will do it as long as everyone is willing to give me training wheels and not expect everything to be perfect year one. This looks quite complicated, so I am expecting a fuckup here or there.

At the same time, I will defer to the Burritos if they want it, as they are the first family of 20 team fantasy at this point.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

darkwolf220 posted:

I will do it as long as everyone is willing to give me training wheels and not expect everything to be perfect year one. This looks quite complicated, so I am expecting a fuckup here or there.

At the same time, I will defer to the Burritos if they want it, as they are the first family of 20 team fantasy at this point.

Nah. I love playing, but if someone else wants to take it, more power to them. Commish can be a thankless job, and as much kidding as we give Jetsguy, he's been a good and fair one.

If you do take it, good luck in calculating the playoffs. :)

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

Ya I'm on board with a Seattle Fan not cheating...yarite. I vote for Pecota. He is a grain-fed postin' boy and I reckon he'd do a dang good job.

Power of Pecota
Aug 4, 2007

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!

You reckon incorrectly, although I appreciate it.

darkwolf220 posted:

My only request is for the draft not to be on my birthday like it has been for the last two years~

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

Power of Pecota posted:

You reckon incorrectly, although I appreciate it.

My only request is for the draft not to be on my birthday like it has been for the last two years~

If there is a Game of Thrones finale, schedule it during that please.

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

darkwolf220 posted:

Well, I won a playoff game, but at the cost of Wentz's ACL. Guess I'm going to be riding the Garop train next week.

Real life laughs: Philly had a real shot at winning the Superbowl and now they don't. That's so Philly :haw:

Hey I just want to say before we play....that gently caress you, idiot!!! I'm going to destroy you!!!!!!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

darkwolf220
May 14, 2009

Diqnol posted:

Hey I just want to say before we play....that gently caress you, idiot!!! I'm going to destroy you!!!!!!

Good luck to you too :)

• Locked thread