Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Why does everyone think I'm going to get in trouble?

You may wanna update your post in the New LP thread to include a link to this thread! This seems like a fun idea though, so let's see how well your adventure goes with a blind Navi.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Have you tried upping the gamma of your video? That's what I usually do when I have incredibly dark footage. Also, what's your recording set up? Do you use Composite Video?

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Mario Party and Pokemon Snap tend to be considerably brighter than OoT overall, I think. It might be that your upscaler isn't great at handling dark colors? Is it composite to HDMI?

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

If you must switch to emulation, I highly recommend emulating it in Dolphin instead of Project 64 or Mupen 64 because actual N64 emulators are abysmal but Dolphin emulating an N64 is pretty solid for the most part. I'd also try an S-Video cable if you're currently using Composite and your upscaler supports it because you'll get a much nicer image.

• Locked thread