Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Commander Keene
Dec 21, 2016

Faster than the others

Yeah, the fake paths are all just static textures pasted over a loading zone, so it's fairly obvious which is the correct path. I remember figuring that out as a stupid middle schooler back when the game first came out, so I'm actually kind of surprised you guys didn't notice it while you were playing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Commander Keene
Dec 21, 2016

Faster than the others

I can't remember if it's OoT or MM (or both), but bomb jumps are totally a thing in at least one N64 Zelda. Just lay a bomb in between yourself and a ledge and let the explosion push you off. You'll do the usual jump animation for moving off a ledge, but your speed will be the speed at which you move from your damage/recoil animation from the bomb blast. You can get a lot of distance and get some places you shouldn't using that trick, and it's nowhere near as precise or finicky as supersliding or bomb hovering.

Commander Keene
Dec 21, 2016

Faster than the others

If Breath of the Wild is to be believed, apparently Zoras live significantly longer than Hylians, so Ruto might actually be significantly older than Link, for added creepiness factor! I wonder if this gets carried over to the Rito, their descendants.

• Locked thread