Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

davidspackage
May 16, 2007

Nap Ghost
Monty Python had some jokes with "alright ducky, hello sailor" gay stereotypes, sometimes played by Graham Chapman, who was gay himself. I always wonder if that was ever uncomfortable, or if that was just the way things worked for him.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

davidspackage
May 16, 2007

Nap Ghost
Every joke about Trump is already being done by 50 people before you, on Twitter and in real life. I don't blame them for not wanting to get in on that. Though, as said, it's probably also that they're too lazy to put the research work in to come up with something new about him that isn't in the mainstream (anymore). Like that thing about how he spent some time pretending to be his own publicist over the phone to reporters. And then had to admit in court he did it. And then later denying he ever did that.

There's this SP episode where Stan gets depressed and starts seeing everyone as having sharting assholes for mouths and it's such a downer, it feels like you're just watching Matt and Trey cry out "we don't wanna do this anymore HELP US"

davidspackage
May 16, 2007

Nap Ghost

Hyrax Attack! posted:

The crew of the Enterprise began fighting the Suliban.

Oh God. I never watched much of Enterprise but I never made that connection.

davidspackage
May 16, 2007

Nap Ghost

Dragonstoned posted:

I was rewatching The Young Ones not to long ago and was a little gobsmacked at this scene with the racist cop - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xxaWCb9U9iQ

also bonus points for people in the comments complaining about the scene being cut when ever its broadcast today.

To be fair, it's pretty clearly a joke at the police's expense. They did a lot of jokes about how cops are violent racists. But yeah, you don't see the n-word being dropped so casually on anything but serious drama anymore.

davidspackage
May 16, 2007

Nap Ghost

MisterBibs posted:

I haven't watched it in ages, but I remember loving that show, especially if/when his attempts to low-key use his time travel for personal gain to backfire.

Like, one time he found that his Russian handler (I think she was?) liked a certain breed of flower and type of chocolate before going back in time to stop that threat. He gets her those flowers at the end of the episode, and she throws them away because shame on you for using information she told him from a timeline that would be erased.

I had a big crush on that actress, Justina Vail, for a while because of this show. But I mostly remember the will they/won't they sideplot of the two actors repeatedly coming together only for the time travel to undo it.

davidspackage
May 16, 2007

Nap Ghost

Yeah that kinda got slipped in there, maybe elaborate

Can't believe I'm going to bat for Saved by the Bell here, but obviously a kids' show couldn't show a series' regular doing any kind of truly threatening drug.

davidspackage
May 16, 2007

Nap Ghost

Sanford posted:

Grange Hill had a two-year storyline with a major character descending into heroin addiction, in 1986-87.

Yeah, I should've said "a kids' show as milquetoast as Saved by the Bell". Blossom had the brother who was a recovering alcoholic, too.

davidspackage
May 16, 2007

Nap Ghost
Season 11 was where it started feeling off to me. Just a lot of recycled material and things getting too wacky. It's still a good show from what I've seen, but definitely not as good as it was.

davidspackage
May 16, 2007

Nap Ghost

Can leap heaps of logic in a single bound.

davidspackage
May 16, 2007

Nap Ghost

oldpainless posted:

IT is a great book but its nearly impossible to go a page without King putting some
(more like old)
aside in
(punctuationless)
parentheses. He really loves to use
(cocaine)
those.

I would loving love to hear King deliver Detta's dialogue. Probably over headphones though.

davidspackage
May 16, 2007

Nap Ghost

Perestroika posted:

I'll have you know that Nobosuke Tagomi is most certainly not a Nazi. :colbert:

*nods sagely* :respek:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

davidspackage
May 16, 2007

Nap Ghost

muscles like this! posted:

The tv show Lucifer had a pretty funny way to deal with an actresses' pregnancy, she went to Canada and wore big bulky coats.

I liked how they hid Lauren Lane's pregnancy in plain sight in the Nanny, by just doing jokes when she was standing behind plants and stuff.