Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Spalec
Apr 16, 2010
I love this one from Friends, after Chandler buys a new Laptop

Chandler: All right, check out this bad boy. Twelve megabytes of RAM, 500 megabyte hard drive. Built-in spreadsheet capabilities and a modem that transmits at over 28,000 BPS.
Phoebe: Wow. What are you gonna use it for?
Chandler: Games and stuff.

I don't actually know if that was impressive or not for 1995.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spalec
Apr 16, 2010

duck trucker posted:

Friends hasn't aged well. One of the first seasons Chandler gets a roommate who has a mental illness and his response is to kick him out into the street.

And Ross suuuucccckkkkss.

The Chick and The Duck do rule though.

I watched an episode recently where they were sharing embarrassing secrets about each other and one of Chandlers was (unknowningly) kissing a guy, which was treated like the most hilarious, embarrassing thing ever. Worse then Ross making GBS threads himself on Space mountain after bad tacos. It seemed pretty weird nowadays.

New York having no black people in at all is pretty funny though.

Spalec
Apr 16, 2010

Whiz Palace posted:

I haven't watched the show in ages, and was surprised to learn an episode revolved around them becoming a couple.

Them being a couple is a fairly major subplot in the most recent game. You ever find Yaoi art of them as a collectable.

Spalec
Apr 16, 2010

Mister Kingdom posted:

In those videos, they removed all of the audience's reactions. They claim they do not enhance it with canned laughter or use it at all.

Not to say that BBT doesn't sweeten/enhance/prompt the laughter but removing it and leaving the silences in there is a really terrible 'proof'. If you did that to the funniest stand up comedian in the world it'd make a lot of the jokes seem really flat and weird.

BBT is bad though, although I don't understand the hate for it. If it's bad, just don't watch it?

Spalec
Apr 16, 2010

bobjr posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NfIlMeDsvrg

To this day I can't tell how on purpose this is.

I forgot how terrible that Scorpion-Rock looked. Did they render it on a PS2?

Spalec
Apr 16, 2010

bitterandtwisted posted:

King Abdullah of Jordan was in an episode of Voyager lmao

As was the Rock. I seem to remember he does his finishing move on 7 of 9 and maybe even the eyebrow thing? :lol:

Edit: too slow dammit.

Spalec
Apr 16, 2010
Mars Attacks is just Independence day but playing it all for comedy. There are so many similar plot moments between the two.

The biggest difference is Mars attacks is actually a good movie :colbert:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spalec
Apr 16, 2010

the_steve posted:

At the end, don't two of the sons actually derive significant joy from having severed from their mother entirely and avoiding any attempts she makes to contact them?

In the last episode Francis (the oldest) is having an argument on the phone with his mom about him not having a job and how she won't accept he's a "free spirit" and he actually has an incredibly pedestrian 9-5 office job he loves, and he's just winding up his mom.