Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Zelder
Jan 4, 2012

How I met your mother is terribly dated in this day in age. drat, everyone in that show tally hate people who have sex!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zelder
Jan 4, 2012

Kevin Smith is aging poorly

Zelder
Jan 4, 2012

letthereberock posted:

The entire first season of Parks and Recreation is pretty much unwatchable in light of the changes they made for the subsequent seasons.

In the first season, Leslie is portrayed as this ditzy, clueless bureaucrat, in a way that could never have sustained multiple seasons. I think they were cribbing too hard off of The Office, which was based on the idea that workplace comedy can only be funny if everyone is bad at and/or indifferent to their job.

From the second season on, they rewrote Leslie as super-competent at her job, but also overbearing and somewhat naive. It creates a really jarring contrast with the first season which makes the entire first season seem like an extended outtake.

To be fair, the first season was 6 episodes long, trying way too hard to be an office rip off, and was loving terribly. I've rewatched the show many times and I've never watched season 1 beyond the first time. Plus I wanna say that season was close to getting the show cancelled before it ever started but I can't find any articles on that