Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Generic American
Mar 15, 2012

I love my Peng

Annabel Pee posted:

Its not saying that though, its:

'The only one for me is you
and you for me'

The two statements you are saying, and what people would presume not thinking about the lyrics, is if it was:

'The only one for me is you
and me for you'

Unless I'm misunderstanding something, basically its not saying what you're implying its just the same sentence twice.

They are literally two different statements.

"The only one for me is you" -- This is about the singer's feelings towards the subject of the song. Taken on its own, it says absolutely nothing about whether the feeling is mutual and leaves open the possibility that the subject could love someone else, even if the singer can't.
"and you for me" (or taken as its implied statement, "and the only one for you is me") -- This is about the singer's belief/assumption that the subject of the song must feel the same way about them, and isn't capable of loving anyone else.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Generic American
Mar 15, 2012

I love my Peng

... Jesus Christ, I feel like I'm having a stroke and just realized that my brain was instinctively autocorrecting it this whole time even when I meticulously typed it out like that. :shepicide:

I'm, uh, gonna go lie down or something because gently caress.

Generic American has a new favorite as of 16:38 on Feb 11, 2023

Generic American
Mar 15, 2012

I love my Peng

Samovar posted:

Oh lord, do you have any links to this? I wish to expose myself to the stupidity.

Two specific examples I've seen:
— They replaced one of the generic security mooks from the Kellion crew with a black woman who is given slightly more screen time to seem like an actual person. Mind you, in the original, the guy is so inconsequential that he isn't even listed as part of the crew when the game starts. His defining character traits were "has a mustache" and "stares at a computer before getting stabbed."
— There is a now infamous piece of graffiti in the Remake that says "gently caress this ship, it's a lovely capitalist organization" and a lot of chuds were upset about this being shoved into the game now that it is so trendy to hate on capitalism. But it turns out that the developers literally just copied it from the original, right down to the exact font.

Generic American
Mar 15, 2012

I love my Peng

Bushmaori posted:

If Asari actually did change shape with psychic manipulation they'd still have to take their real forms in photos and videos. It's just people projecting their own beauty standards.

Even if someone goes really deep with it and assumes that it's some kind of permanent brainwashing that could even alter how someone perceives Asari through photos and videos, it still falls apart as soon as you consider the possibility of people on Earth who haven't been to space or encountered an Asari in person before, but still have access to all of the same media as someone living on the Citadel. Or that anyone could just, like... draw the version that they see.