Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ein cooler Typ
Nov 26, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
The last episode of Star Trek was about how females are too emotional to be Starfleet captains

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ein cooler Typ
Nov 26, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
Sanford and Son is hella problematic too. Fred Sanford is a misogynistic bodyshamer because he always calls Aunt Esther ugly. And he always makes fun of her husband's alcoholism. And he always makes fun of their neighbor for being Puerto Rican. He's a racist. And he always makes fun of Lamont's friend Raulo for being a criminal, even though he's just a victim of circumstances.

Also they say the n-word sometimes but I don't know if that's allowed since the characters are African Americans

edit: and calling someone "a big dummy" is ableism. And pretending to have a heart attack is offensive to people with real heart problems

Ein cooler Typ
Nov 26, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
We now know that using your vehicle as a weapon is terrorism

Ein cooler Typ
Nov 26, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

The Blues Brothers' terrorism was justified because they were on a mission from God

Ein cooler Typ
Nov 26, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

EmmyOk posted:

Early Flanders is a pretty normal dude but gets irritated with Homer plenty, he doesn't start off saying "ding dang doodily" while homer is pissing on his front door or whatever. The episode where Todd and Bart go head to head in crazy-golf is a good example of this.

where the heck do you live that mini golf is called crazy golf

Ein cooler Typ
Nov 26, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
Gilligan's Island is racist because all the characters are white

Ein cooler Typ
Nov 26, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
Elaine was one of the main cast and she was Hispanic

Ein cooler Typ
Nov 26, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
when Susan died was a good episode

society's arbitrary rules say you're supposed to be sad even when someone you don't care about dies, but there's no logical reason to

that's why Seinfeld (and Curb) are so great. George and Larry don't obey society's arbitrary rules

Ein cooler Typ
Nov 26, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
I learned everything I know from The Simpsons and they called the French cheese-eating surrender monkeys

a surprisingly redpilled take from the normally Liberal writers

Ein cooler Typ
Nov 26, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
James Bond didn't rape Pussy Galore

Goldfinger told her to gently caress him to keep him happy

Ein cooler Typ
Nov 26, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Xibanya posted:

A buncha early pregnancies are self-terminated too, usually due to various flaws in genetic code or bad cell division or whatever. If they really cared about saving babies they could start with those but huh looks like nobody cares.

speaking of TV pregnancies, one of the weirder ones I remember is Kira’s from DS9. Can’t say that aged badly though, it was always weird.

the actress got pregnant in irl life but the character couldn't have a kid because she wasn't married so that's why they had to do that weird thing where she's carrying Keiko's baby

Ein cooler Typ
Nov 26, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
in tyool 2017 it's misogynistic to want to make sure your daughters aren't dating assholes -_-

Ein cooler Typ
Nov 26, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
The Blues Brothers also disobey traffic laws

Ein cooler Typ
Nov 26, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
Klinger's entire character is offensive too

It's shocking that such a problematic show is still in syndication

Ein cooler Typ
Nov 26, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Dexie posted:

Actually electric does work on rocks. It's ground types it doesn't affect, which the anime screwed up for that episode. :v:

Were there any rock pokemon that weren't also ground in gen 1

Ein cooler Typ
Nov 26, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
I thought the point of that scene was to show that Travis's girlfriend was a prude

Ein cooler Typ
Nov 26, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
I didn't like the King of the Hill episode where the real Rusty Shackleford shows up and tells Dale to stop using his name

that's an example I always give of ruining a running gag by overdoing it

Ein cooler Typ
Nov 26, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
before Sheldon made it cool to be a nerd, I was afraid to talk about Star Wars in irl life

Ein cooler Typ
Nov 26, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Wiggles Von Huggins posted:

i just looked up an episode and i had forgotten that they made beetlejuice and lydia a couple. wasnt she barely a teenager in the movie?

Don't they get married in the movie?

Ein cooler Typ
Nov 26, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
Dr. Katz hasn't aged well because Ben is portrayed as a loser for being in his 20s unemployed living at home

Ein cooler Typ
Nov 26, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Sunswipe posted:

It was a shame they didn't have the budget to make a more military Enterprise-D for the alternate timeline in Yesterday's Enterprise. Then again, it was weird that they didn't have a counselor onboard but still had a bartender.

e: Thinking about it, they could have used the model of the main hull without the saucer section.

a bartender is even more necessary during wartime

like in M*A*S*H*

Ein cooler Typ
Nov 26, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
Lydia came in late to Breaking Bad but she was a strong independent female and a single mom just trying to make it in a male-dominated business

Ein cooler Typ
Nov 26, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
Is it a violation if you say "i have a patient who does this" without giving identifying information

Ein cooler Typ
Nov 26, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
what was the technicality? did the minority team actually violate it?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ein cooler Typ
Nov 26, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Iron Crowned posted:

Ugh, I never liked Spongebob, and it would always weird me out when I was 19 or so and people my age were very much into Spongebob. It especially pisses me off, because Nickelodeon would claim that they capped their series at 3 seasons when they cancelled Pete and Pete.

gently caress Spongebob right in his square pants.

Pete and Pete season 3 was bad because it focused too much on Little Pete instead of Big Pete