Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

each and every episode of Friends that includes Chandler

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

Wheat Loaf posted:

Lot of Friends jokes were "CHANDLER might be GAY!" weren't they?

could [blank] BE any more [blank]

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

Stefan Urquell was a 23 minute infomercial for cocaine

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

Guy Mann posted:

Dragnet is so old that it was airing when the Miranda rights were instituted and there's an episode of the cops complaining about how it's so unfair and way harder to do their jobs now that they have to read people their rights.

Why would a network television crime show writer focus on realism over entertainment in a show like CSI where the dudes who are dusting for fingerprints also personally apprehend suspects and act as judge and jury?

It's like cops having to tell you that they're cops if you ask or getting a phone call when you're arrested or insanity pleas acting as get out of jail free cards, it's good drama that a lot of people take as fact because they get all their knowledge from pop culture.

Dragnet is so old they did their best episode about being helpless in the face of completely legal synthetic cannabinoids bath salts sugar cubes from the dark web internet weird blue kid with a bus.

Imagine four balls on the edge of a cliff. TCC works the same way.

https://youtu.be/2eBPWwxOKwQ

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

Buckets posted:

Were there a lot of crime shows that dealt with evil cults and rituals during the satanic panic of the 80's and 90's? I know at least two episodes of X-files Die Hand Die Verletzt made in 95 and Syzygy in 96 had satanic cult stuff. The first pretty much played it straight and had an actual satanic cult summon a demon and poo poo, but by the second Scully is telling Mulder that the satanic ritual scare is just a bunch of paranoid bullshit used by the suspects in the episode to cover up what was really going on.

Walker: Texas Ranger was almost as big on ritual child sacrifice as it was on casual racism and terrible editing

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

Until youtube incontrovertably proved there was a 1 season children's cartoon starring Bruce Willis, I had written the entire thing off as a fever dream I had during a fifth grade ear infection and I still haven't met anyone in real life that remembers it.

https://youtu.be/crzXoICK56Q

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

All I've ever seen of Community was about the last 3/4ths of something about a bunch of adults playing The Floor Is Lava

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

once you've stage-fought with Bruce Lee what's the point of trying hard after that

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

lol Google's above-the-links synopsis of Rockford Files:

quote:

Jim Rockford is an ex-con and private detective. He was falsely convicted of a crime he didn't commit, but that doesn't stop him from using his ex-con buddies to help him solve crimes. Nothing comes easy for Rockford, but he works hard and usually gets shot or beaten up at least once per episode.

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

Sunswipe posted:

Matlock's a real show? I always thought it was just a Simpsons gag.

Oh man you missed one of the best jokes on Better Call Saul

https://youtu.be/sb_2S2IIIos

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

Thursday Next posted:

Roseanne actually aged extremely well; it's still a great show. But the episode where Roseanne walks out of the plastics factory job (end of season 1) is unbelievable. Her boss is so insanely over the top sexist that she'd be turning away crowds of lawyers begging to take her case.

All the bosses on the show are white men with 0 skills, and the show doesn't address it or mock it.

Also, the show references them buying their 3-bedroom house for $30,000.

I work in manufacturing and all the bosses in real life are white men with 0 skills and sexual harrassment is so rampant that I, a white man, was butt-groped by a supervisor more than once.

If anything, that episode was toned down for tv.