Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

James Gunn is a monster after that Groot reveal.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

I think Mohawk Girls is still on the air.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

But his character was specifically from a US tribe.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

LORD OF BOOTY posted:

the thing is, while it hasn't been confirmed outright by him, it's sort of an open secret that Gunn was himself molested by a pedo priest (or at the bare minimum people he was very close to were)

the pedo jokes are pretty bluntly him trying to deal with his trauma through dark humor, not him being a fuckhead for the sake of it

They were part of a rant against a movie he didn't like.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Beast is just blue Reed Richards most of the time.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

emSparkly posted:

I think the X-Men look really cool, but as far as I've seen like 70% of all X-Men comics seem to have been written by Scott Lobdell, Warren Ellis, or Joss Whedon, so no thanks.

The Whedon ones are good too, which kind of sucks.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

aegof posted:

they were physical spoons, but they represented the energy limitations of having Lupus

https://butyoudontlooksick.com/articles/written-by-christine/the-spoon-theory/

Yeah the etymology is literally that there happened to be a bunch of spoons around when she was trying to explain it.

Anything else about measurements and capacities came later.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Also Seth Green faking having his NFT stolen so that he couldn't finish the terrible TV show he was making about it is one of the funniest things that has ever happened.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Macdeo Lurjtux posted:

Cable is just a fan boy for the 20th century. His first appearance he name drops a film from 1941.

They didn't know Cable was from the future until his appearances in season 2.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Did Jack actually have a reason other than she just wanted to?

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Jack's also the most powerful biotic in the galaxy so her barriers are stronger than any armor.

This doesn't work in gameplay obviously.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

oldpainless posted:

The hanar and elcor might pose problems

I've seen technical documentations on the internet and it seems like it mostly works fine.