Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: Captain Foo)
How do you feel about Archnemesis mods on rares?
Incredibly fun, I love them!
They're alright
Needs more work
Almost as much fun as shoving a red hot nail under my fingernail
Other (post below)
View Results

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored

Twisc posted:

i really wanted to make a splitting steel char but i only have 100d and that's the cost of Nimis (what)

if you want to be super-OP, Nimis is just the beginning. I am having serious trouble building defensive layers that will prevent me from just getting instantly obliterated occasionally.
Also Nimis is crazy expensive now because it can't be obtained via div cards, only through Uber Eater and I'm honestly not even sure how to fight ubers anymore since all of the invites seem to run through Kirac now.

E: Ah ok, seems that fragments required for uber invites now drop from T17 map bosses which explains a lot. I barely made it out of Fortress alive by the skin of my teeth and that was JUST fighting the boss and everything else was frogs.

Frank Frank fucked around with this message at 03:36 on Apr 17, 2024

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vulpes
Nov 13, 2002

Well, shit.

Frank Frank posted:

if you want to be super-OP, Nimis is just the beginning. I am having serious trouble building defensive layers that will prevent me from just getting instantly obliterated occasionally.
Also Nimis is crazy expensive now because it can't be obtained via div cards, only through Uber Eater and I'm honestly not even sure how to fight ubers anymore since all of the invites seem to run through Kirac now.

T17 bosses now drop boss-specific uber frags, you need 5 of the same one to fight that uber boss. Also, they don't stack for some loving reason.

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored
Just to be clear for those that have not ventured into T17 maps yet, they are no loving joke. If any single boss attack touched me I would instantly die and I was only able to beat the Fortress boss because it's more or less just a repeat of Ilsa's unique boss fight from Heist so I was already familiar with it. Some of the boss fights have multiple phases like the super awesome Abomination fight where you have to fight super-powered versions of Doedre, Maligaro and Shavronne and they are hard as hell to kill by themselves (you have to fight them all at once) but don't get too excited because when they die they combine into TWO MORE uber-bosses that can easily one shot you. One of them has a massive loving health pool too - more than Shaper/Elder for sure. I haven't tried Ziggurat yet but I'm going to assume the boss is Vaal-related and I don't even know what the 4th T17 is.

Someone earlier ITT said to me , "you should totally be able to deal with T17 maps easily by now" and I absolutely cannot without a serious amount of effort. I'm also pretty good at twitch dodging/bossing in this game and from what I've seen, most of these fights contain bullet hell "one touch and you are dead" mechanics. Not to mention that just getting to the boss is extremely difficult if you don't gimp your maps with frog orbs.

Frank Frank fucked around with this message at 03:12 on Apr 17, 2024

pork never goes bad
May 16, 2008

If you make the full transition to Rue's endgame noncrit version then you'll be a lot tankier. But Rue's builds often do have a lot of details and it isn't always super obvious which of them are most crucial to follow and which you can defer until you progress more.

Vegastar
Jan 2, 2005

Tigers will do anything for a tuna sandwich.

Yeah I tried my first one today with COC DD, was blazing through t16 maps no problem, 2 voidstones, capped res, etc. Smoked exarch, eater and elder no problem, feelin good.

Everything on that map either stun locked me until the drowning orbs did their instant kill, or just one shot me themselves. Between that, losing to Maven at the very end to shield charge just refusing to work and walking through AoE damage for a solid 5 seconds, and shaper just being garbage I’m real frustrated with this game today. May or may not bother to keep going at this point.

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored

pork never goes bad posted:

If you make the full transition to Rue's endgame noncrit version then you'll be a lot tankier. But Rue's builds often do have a lot of details and it isn't always super obvious which of them are most crucial to follow and which you can defer until you progress more.

Console crafting is going to make several of those rares very hard if not impossible to obtain. I made a half-assed version earlier but a couple issues stick out:
1) I need a better ring that has A) +int on it B) at least 50 Chaos Resist and C) a decent max health roll. No such ring exists for sale on console atm.

2) I can get SOME of the mods I need on the helm and chest if not all. I found a chest that was absolutely perfect but had no max life so I didn't buy it. I snagged this chest and this helmet but the damage hit was so severe that I ended up dying more often even if I could survive a potentially fatal hit:

3) I swapped out the paradoxica for a Dreamfeather and couldn't figure out why I still couldn't get Precise Technique to work but I just now realized that it's because my Beltimber Blade is corrupted and does not have the +475 accuracy bonus on it that it normally has so I may revisit the build here shortly.

That said, I still need a ring with a big +int bonus on it because I will have trouble with awakened AoE/Focused Effect gems otherwise. In the past, I’ve been able to find “almost good enough” gear and then make due until I find something better but the damage hit was so severe in this case that I ended up shelving the cutover for now

E: big issues with the two items I picked up:
* chest has no +armor or +evasion and I would need to craft eldritch stuff onto it if I plan on keeping it.

*helm is a bad base and has no accuracy bonus (which I suppose may be moot if I swap out the Beltimber blade for a non-corrupted variant)

Actually looking at things, I may be able to swap out the helms since it has the int bonus I need in order to buy a new ring with +life on it which would likely help a lot and just leave the unique chest alone for the moment.

I’ve also started doing degenerate poo poo like rerolling implicits with divines to eke out a little more damage/resists/stats here and there.

E: also I spent a small fortune getting the arena challenger forbidden flesh/flame combo from Rue’s build only to have rue completely delete it a day later. I can’t really use it until I can free up enough for that other large cluster anyway but I hate to sell it because I’ve never actually had a set before.

Frank Frank fucked around with this message at 03:43 on Apr 17, 2024

Nur_Neerg
Sep 1, 2004

The Lumbering but Unstoppable Sasquatch of the Appalachians
Frankest of Franks, it sounds like it's time to learn the graveyard.

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored

Nur_Neerg posted:

Frankest of Franks, it sounds like it's time to learn the graveyard.

Wouldn’t even know where to start tbh. I did not enjoy crucible at all (though it was my first lesgue).

Nur_Neerg
Sep 1, 2004

I mean rings are pretty easy to do as a starting point, though I have no idea how the console market works. If you want to try to figure it out I can try to outline the tools you need and the kinds of outcomes that are feasible to expect, and what kind of process gets you there.

Vulpes
Nov 13, 2002

Well, shit.
The trick to T17s is rolling them a lot until you get a good set of mods. It's not unusual to pour 20+ chaos into rerolls to get something that you can reliably run and kill the boss on. About half the T17 mods are a straight-up brick for CoC DD particularly.

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored

Nur_Neerg posted:

I mean rings are pretty easy to do as a starting point, though I have no idea how the console market works. If you want to try to figure it out I can try to outline the tools you need and the kinds of outcomes that are feasible to expect, and what kind of process gets you there.

Is it on craftofexile yet? If not, yeah please do go ahead and outline what I need to do. I still have a little div to burn and if rings are a less daunting project, that seems like a great place to start. I did a bunch of fossil / essence crafting with fractured bases in the trial of the ancients league so I’m not a complete idiot when it comes to this stuff. I just don’t like doing it much.

Nur_Neerg
Sep 1, 2004

Frank Frank posted:

Is it on craftofexile yet? If not, yeah please do go ahead and outline what I need to do. I still have a little div to burn and if rings are a less daunting project, that seems like a great place to start. I did a bunch of fossil / essence crafting with fractured bases in the trial of the ancients league so I’m not a complete idiot when it comes to this stuff. I just don’t like doing it much.

It kind of is on COE but only kind of, that's one of a couple tools you really need to figure it out; on the calculator page you can choose Graveyard as your crafting method, and that's a good place to figure out what values of mods you need. It doesn't really account for a lot of crafts though, so you sort of need to use a layout organizer like https://sudos.help/poe/graveyard, which I've been using just because I found it and know how to use it, I'm sure there are other good tools for it. That's got some pre-made layouts for how to maximize the value you get out of your graveyard, as there are corpses that do things like increase the effects of corpses in the same row/column, or adjacent.

If you know what you want the rings to be at the end of the day, you can figure out what you want to do to get there backward. I made my ring by only rolling two mods on it, making it magic and guaranteeing one suffix and one prefix, and setting it up to fracture two mods. If you can pick a clear highest priority for each, you can essence spam to fill the suffixes and craft as normal. If you have specific wants for it there's a good chance you can set up a graveyard to mostly roll very close to those, t1 mods only if you want, and create multiple items which roll differently each time, giving you a better chance of success.

What would your ideal ring look like?

Nur_Neerg fucked around with this message at 04:57 on Apr 17, 2024

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored

Nur_Neerg posted:

What would your ideal ring look like?

Probably amethyst base
+50 chaos resist total at least (more the better)
Large +life roll
+20 all resists
+ accuracy
Crafting slot left open for the veiled ~7 mana to non-channeling skills
Extra elemental resists are a bonus but not required (will alleviate pressure on other pieces if possible)

I want to understand how to do this though and not just paint by numbers

E: I’m p sure accuracy is a prefix and not a suffix but if I’m wrong, that likely won’t work idk

EE: I am not above using blessed orbs and divines to reroll mods if I get something that has all the right stats. Hell I used a divine on paradoxica and gained +13% physical damage

Frank Frank fucked around with this message at 05:57 on Apr 17, 2024

Nur_Neerg
Sep 1, 2004

So start out on craftofexile; the calculator there essentially gives you access to a few different corpses:

Modifier tier: This value cuts down on the number of tiers of mods that can roll, so if a mod only rolled T1 or T2, getting enough modifier tier to cut out >=50% of tiers guarantees that if you roll it, you hit t1.

Number of explicits: this defaults to 4, and you can use corpses to increase or decrease it. Sounds like you'd want to roll 5 probably.

Increased chance of [modifier]/[modifiers] are scarcer: These are your bread and butter, they reduce or increase the mod weight for mods with those tags. So if you wanted to roll a chaos res explicit on a ring you'd want tons of increased chaos chance.

Your first step is likely to acquaint yourself with the mod pool for your item in the calculator, and play around with adding and removing corpses to see the effect they have on the pool. Add and remove modifier tier rating here and see which explicit tiers it removes or adds back in the pool below. Once you think you're happy with your chances to roll the mods you want, you can have craftofexile simulate making that item a bunch of times to see if it lines up with your expectations, adjust, etc. Once you finalize the pool, you can save the COE URL to import into a layout tool for setting targets. Your main goal here is to figure out what values of each type of corpse you want to have in the GY total rather than how many corpses exactly. (I'm aiming for 5000% +chaos, not some number of chaos corpses)

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored
I love his this game makes everything unnecessary complicated on purpose. I’ll dig into it tomorrow instead of mindlessly mapping.

My sincere thanks. That’s good information

E: I suppose mod tiers also factor into this given how strict some are about specific stats. Does CoE account for this? I don’t recall being able to plug in mod tier requirements but I am likely wrong. Or wait, do rings even have mod tiers? That might be main equipment stuff. Goddamn this loving game

Frank Frank fucked around with this message at 06:06 on Apr 17, 2024

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored
Yo, anyone who is new to the game who is reading this, please don’t be afraid to admit you’re lost. Your enjoyment of the game scales with how well you understand it but don’t worry about getting bored because the dev team will throw new arcane mechanics at you every league that you have to decipher like I am doing here.

This thread is a wealth of information from folks who have been playing the game for over a decade. Don’t hesitate to lean on us (them). I’ve even been able to answer a few effort-intensive questions here and there. I can honestly say I would have A) never ever played this game if this thread didn’t pique my curiosity and B) would certainly never have gotten anywhere if not for the patience of folks itt

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

I just pick up corpses for stats that I want and then when my morgue is full I put them all down in the graveyard and magically get an item that would have been dozens of divines in previous leagues.

The best way to engage with it is to not think about it.

Twisc
Jul 24, 2004
tehe qt:>
guess i'm beginning my adventure on my first Headhunter build (splitting steel 2 espensive)

dusting off my leaguestart deadeye. got HH, Lightning Coil, couple Ventor's and a Yoke. guess i could grab a Dying Sun and Taste of Hate.
time to find a strat that works well with it, and start farming for Progenesis and Nimis. and cluster jewels. and a watcher's eye. a better bow...

...i think i just farmed 100 div in order to (half) build a char that will supposedly farm 400 div? arpgs

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored

Twisc posted:

guess i'm beginning my adventure on my first Headhunter build (splitting steel 2 espensive)

dusting off my leaguestart deadeye. got HH, Lightning Coil, couple Ventor's and a Yoke. guess i could grab a Dying Sun and Taste of Hate.
time to find a strat that works well with it, and start farming for Progenesis and Nimis. and cluster jewels. and a watcher's eye. a better bow...

...i think i just farmed 100 div in order to (half) build a char that will supposedly farm 400 div? arpgs

You have a headhunter and can’t start a splitting steel build? Like, it was my league starter

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored
If I had the ability to just print money, I would love to run a mageblood this league. I bet it’d be super fun with this build. Wish I could transfer standard items into league. Alas, I have like 5d to my name now.

Twisc
Jul 24, 2004
tehe qt:>
i certainly could play splitting steel without nimis and mageblood but i want a late league build to aim for

also headhunter is less than 20 div atm

NPR Journalizard
Feb 14, 2008

Im trying a mana stacker build for the first time ever, and im wondering how to scale the defense. Im at 9.7K es, 9.1k mana, gently caress all armour / evasion.

My jewels are only slightly above trash level, so im going to work on those next, but I was thinking of going full adorned.

Most of the time im fine, its just every so often I will go pop and get 2 or 3 shot.

https://pobb.in/VUWj_r273xFe updated to awakened CwC

NPR Journalizard fucked around with this message at 10:22 on Apr 17, 2024

mynnna
Jan 10, 2004

Fister Roboto posted:

I just pick up corpses for stats that I want and then when my morgue is full I put them all down in the graveyard and magically get an item that would have been dozens of divines in previous leagues.

The best way to engage with it is to not think about it.

I, on the other hand, do not and will not ever know what it’s like to be able to engage with something so… casually.

NPR Journalizard posted:

Im trying a mana stacker build for the first time ever, and im wondering how to scale the defense. Im at 9.7K es, 9.1k mana, gently caress all armour / evasion.

My jewels are only slightly above trash level, so im going to work on those next, but I was thinking of going full adorned.

Most of the time im fine, its just every so often I will go pop and get 2 or 3 shot.

Haven’t looked closely at that build before; I’m surprised it doesn’t take Mind over Matter as a free way to boost your ehp. I guess with indigon there’s a lot more stress on your mana than with (for example) the ice nova builds so perhaps that’s why.

Anyway, I don’t see a reason why your resists shouldn’t be at 80%, given the flasks giving you +5% to max. That’ll help a bit; defiance banner is probably also better than dread banner. Apart from that, though, the build’s defenses are just a big dumb ES pool without much on top of it, so the only other thing to do is continue optimizing your gear, and improve jewels. Split Personality and Perandus Pact are strong options to use before or instead of The Adorned; check Poe ninja for what other people are doing and experiment in POB.

mynnna fucked around with this message at 13:33 on Apr 17, 2024

J
Jun 10, 2001

mynnna posted:

I, on the other hand, do not and will not ever know what it’s like to be able to engage with something so… casually.

Haven’t looked closely at that build before; I’m surprised it doesn’t take Mind over Matter as a free way to boost your ehp. I guess with indigon there’s a lot more stress on your mana than with (for example) the ice nova builds so perhaps that’s why.

Anyway, I don’t see a reason why your resists shouldn’t be at 80%, given the flasks giving you +5% to max. That’ll help a bit; defiance banner is probably also better than dread banner. Apart from that, though, the build’s defenses are just a big dumb ES pool without much on top of it, so the only other thing to do is continue optimizing your gear, and improve jewels. Split Personality and Perandus Pact are strong options to use before or instead of The Adorned; check Poe ninja for what other people are doing and experiment in POB.

Yeah that build wants to have as much mana as possible every time arcane cloak is used, because arcane cloak counts as spending mana for the purposes of the indigon spell damage bonus. Refilling mana in between arcane cloak cooldowns is very important, and if it had MOM that would be real bad. With enough investment it becomes an absolute world beater of a build that doesn't need it anyways.

NPR Journalizard posted:

Some random things to do, listed in no particular order, that may or may not have to do with defense:

Any gear slot that can have +int, +strength, %attributes, or +all attributes should generally have those mods if currency permits. Pre-mageblood there is a lot of suffix pressure between attributes and resistances, but adorned jewels will help with that. I think an astramentis might just be better than your current amulet.

It might seem counter intuitive and I know squire is cheap this league, but prism guardian might just be better for you at this point of the gear progression. You're missing a lot of attributes across your jewelry, but I suspect that can't be fixed without ruining resists. Consider a prism guardian swap and revisiting squire later on at a higher gear level. Also if you aren't going to replace it yet, please blessed orb your belt!

I think the onslaught on kill corruption on mjolner is actually a damage loss, the attack speed takes you past a breakpoint for mjolner. Or at least I seem to remember people smarter than me talking about this.

I'd change the coruscating elixir enchant to use when a guard skill is used, unless you're comfortable with using it manually against bosses or other situations where you aren't gaining flask charges for extended periods.

Use the poe.ninja time machine dropdown menu to walk through Conner's gear progression for ideas. Linked is his day5 gear for example. You'll notice he puts an absolute ton of work into his jewelry and jewels. This is one of those builds where initially you're gonna be falling over randomly but you keep adding on attributes and eventually it just stops happening. Also review your flasks, that granite flask isn't doing poo poo since this build has no armor.

Definitely go the adorned route with jewels. You can start with a 100% adorned and some simple jewels, and upgrade your adorned and jewels later as currency permits. With the introduction of the black morrigan "apply a hinekora's lock to a magic item" craft, you can now craft insanely good adorned jewels for a very cheap price relative to how powerful they are. You can grab a synth jewel with a blessed orbable mod so you can use blessed orbs to reset the hinekora's lock if the corruption doesn't hit.

edit: Forgot to mention, if you're feeling squishy you can get enfeeble on hit corruption on shaper's touch, although these are surprisingly expensive at 5D right now. Still worth keeping in mind. In the long run you'll want elemental weakness once you get tanky of course but those are similarly priced.

J fucked around with this message at 14:41 on Apr 17, 2024

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored

Twisc posted:

i certainly could play splitting steel without nimis and mageblood but i want a late league build to aim for

also headhunter is less than 20 div atm

Whoa really? Did it get nerfed or something?

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored
Ok I'm trying to use craftofexile to put together this ring and the 2nd mod I tried adding is a crafted +maximum life mod and it keeps saying "INVALID SELECTION, CANNOT BE CRAFTED ONLY DROPPED"

...which I'm pretty sure isn't the case? I have no idea what I'm doing though so.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

What mods in particular

Estraysian
Dec 29, 2008
Why are you adding a benchcraft mod to a graveyard craft? Just leave the prefix open if you want to finish it with a life craft.

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored

Estraysian posted:

Why are you adding a benchcraft mod to a graveyard craft? Just leave the prefix open if you want to finish it with a life craft.

I can’t do that. I need life to not be a benchcraft mod because I need the bench slot for the -7 to non-channeling skills mod

Estraysian
Dec 29, 2008
Then I'm not sure why you're trying to add the crafted life mod? Just add the normal life mod it should work. I assumed you clicked on the second one here which wont work

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored

Estraysian posted:

Then I'm not sure why you're trying to add the crafted life mod? Just add the normal life mod it should work. I assumed you clicked on the second one here which wont work

Oh huh. When I searched affixes that was actually the 2nd result but now I see the little bench logo next to the other one

E: OK Here's the ring I came up with but uh, 1567 graveyards to make it doesn't seem like very good odds:
https://www.craftofexile.com/?b=1&b...0%22:1%7D%7D%7D

Frank Frank fucked around with this message at 15:57 on Apr 17, 2024

NPR Journalizard
Feb 14, 2008

J posted:

good stuff

Thanks for that. Will look into getting a prism guardian and start on the adorned jewels, see how far I can get into replacing my amulet with an astramentis. That should free up some points in my tree so I can maybe shore up some resists there as well.

DaveWoo
Aug 14, 2004

Fun Shoe

Frank Frank posted:

Oh huh. When I searched affixes that was actually the 2nd result but now I see the little bench logo next to the other one

E: OK Here's the ring I came up with but uh, 1567 graveyards to make it doesn't seem like very good odds:

Well, the Redeemer evasion mod is what's killing you there. Take that out and the # of graveyards goes down to a much more manageable 19.

Also, I thought you wanted to keep a prefix open for the -7 to mana cost craft?

xZAOx
Sep 6, 2004
PORKCHOP SANDWICHES

Frank Frank posted:

Whoa really? Did it get nerfed or something?

It's been slowly nerfed over the past year or two via other changes, not the item directly, but other indirect nerfs to it.

But, the *main* reason is, there's been a lot of starts that super high end juicers do that poop out, comparatively, a lot of uniques. So t0 uniques that are in the core drop pool are going down in price, meanwhile it means no one is doing ubers, so uniques that only come from there (including some that I believe were just with this patch moved to uber only) have gone way up in price.

Wuxi
Apr 3, 2012

1. This craft has three prefixes, you can't benchcraft -Mana cost later when you already have 3 prefixes.
2. Life leech and Evasion are entirely wasted on this ring - Leech is easy to come by and while Evasion is cute for your build it makes the entire craft extremely complicated.
Generally you want your gravecraft as simple as possible, focused on the minimum amount of tags so you can properly boost what you want. The craft you are going for here has Life, Chaos, Resist, Physical and Defense tags, meaning a lot of useless additional affixes are boosted. In addition to that you added an influence, which raises the difficulty a bunch for basically no gain.

For rings in particular boosting Life means not only boosting +Maximum Life (which is good), but also Phys Leeched as Life (which is whatever since you want to lower Phys anyway to block the flat additional Physical damage) and Life regeneration and Life recoup suffixes, which you cannot lower without lowering the Prefixes chances as well. You also cannot boost the odds of %increased Evasion without also boosting the odds of +Evasion or +Energy Shield.
If you want your craft so succeed, focus on fewer mods and tags - The best way to go for a ring craft that comes most closely to what you want is sadly by going for a Fractured Chaos Resistance ring. This is relatively simple to set up, has a high probability of success and gives you a strong crafting base for Essences or Fossils to do the rest.

mynnna
Jan 10, 2004

On top of what Wuxi said about keeping things as simple as possible (few or no tag overlaps), the increased prefix or suffix corpses are, imo, kind of a trap. They’re going to work against trying to suppress stuff, and they’re going to boost untagged mods.

J
Jun 10, 2001

Postin about the adorned because everyone should be aware of how good it is, and how you can craft jewels for it. A lot of builds will want to be using this as their endgame gearing path, and you can start on a lower investment and upgrade it with more currency later.

Why is it good? Previously, you would typically use rare jewels that would have 3 or 4 useful mods for your build. Certain mod combos would get very expensive, like say life+crit multiplier mods. Sometimes the combo you wanted wouldn't even exist on the market.The adorned lets you turn a blue 2 mod jewel into the equivalent of a 4+ mod jewel at the cost of a jewel slot. And since blue jewels are inexpensive to craft, you're getting the best mods on them. But wait, there's more! The adorned works on corrupted and synthesized implicit mods too. More on that later.

Here's a chart of adorned breakpoints that shows what the value of your jewel mods will be after adorned is applied. This will let you save money on the adorned itself buying only the minimum effect% that you need.

3.24 introduced a new capturable beast, the black morrigan. One of the crafts offered by it is "applies a hinekora's lock to a magic item." This is loving nuts for crafting adorned jewels.

Ways to acquire jewels for the adorned:

1. Buy a jewel with a fractured mod that you want. Alt/aug spam for the 2nd mod. Double corrupt it and hope you get some cool implicits.
2. Buy a jewel with synthesized mod(s), preferably one that has a numeric range so it can be changed with a blessed orb. Make it rare, use a gilded fossil to add "sells for more to vendors" implicit. Then scour, alt/aug the mods you want. Then use the black morrigan craft to apply a hinekora's lock. Check the outcome of a vaal orb. If the explicit mods aren't perfect, you can also check the outcome of a divine orb at this point. If the outcomes suck, use a blessed orb to clear the lock effect, re-blessed the synth implicit to perfect if it matters, then do the beastcraft again to apply another lock. Repeat until you get the vaal orb outcome you want. Note that hinekora's lock can no longer preview the outcome of the double corrupt altar. You use the gilded fossil because the vendor sale mod can be overwritten with the corrupted implicit, preserving the synth implicit mod. If your synth implicit cannot be changed with a blessed orb, you have to use divine orbs to clear the lock, which is going to make this process way more expensive.
3. You can synth a jewel yourself with harvest. Most of the time this only gives 1 mod, but there is a chance it can give 2 or 3 synth mods. If you hit 3 synth mods you can imprint, vivid vulture reroll the synth implicit, then restore the imprint to change the synth mods around if you want to throw infinite currency at the jewel. This may or may not be worth doing depending on the availability of synth jewels on the market, especially as more people learn these methods.
4. Buy a rare jewel with the 2 mods you want, use a split beast on it and hope the mods end up on the same jewel. Then you can try the double corrupt or whatever.

Note that while regular jewel mods don't have any ilvl requirements, some of the corruption implicits do. Corrupted blood immunity is 33, cannot be hindered/maimed is 40, cannot be silenced is 60. You can use a jewel with a lower itemlevel to remove those possibilities when corrupting it.

The end result of all of this gets really silly when enough currency gets involved. Think 3 useful synth mods + a useful corruption + 2 good explicit mods + an ugly rear end skill tree that crams in multiple 1 passive voices for maximum jewel slots, and so on.

J fucked around with this message at 17:42 on Apr 17, 2024

Nur_Neerg
Sep 1, 2004

Frank Frank posted:

As others have mentioned, I'd probably remove the influence from the craft, it's a 1/4 to get the right one and makes it much harder. If you're going for Chaos res+2 of (fire, cold, lightning, all ele res) that's an easy thing to set up. Depending on the total weight of the pools it might be reasonable to go for a 4 mod craft this way, worst case you could go 5 mod and basically guarantee an open prefix, assuming you lose the "increase change of prefix mods"; those are definitely a trap.

E: You can also cut down to 14 mod tier rating corpses, as that still guarantees t1 for your ele and life rolls.

Double edit!: Check out this version, it's similar but with less corpses and a few more scarces. Would recommend you click the Generate a sample item button like 20-30 times to see what the odds translate to.

Nur_Neerg fucked around with this message at 18:10 on Apr 17, 2024

Vegastar
Jan 2, 2005

Tigers will do anything for a tuna sandwich.

I decided to try swapping to the ‘tanky’ version of Rue’s coc dd and somehow it feels even worse than before. Seems clear I’m not getting something about this.

This is the pobb:
https://pobb.in/eJW1dnzUx5E9

This is what I’ve got:
https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/VegastarLH/characters

Working on a shield craft to replace that mediocre thing, and I know my jewels need some more work, but I didn’t think I was in this bad of shape.

I’ve only got about 5div to play with at the moment, but even just understanding what I should be working toward would be a start.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aye Doc
Jul 19, 2007

Empyrian's been doing some singular Atlas strategies to see how profitable things are with these new scarabs and dang it looks like a real hard time out there for most mechanics right now

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2FIhjb8yu2o