Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: Captain Foo)
How do you feel about Archnemesis mods on rares?
Incredibly fun, I love them!
They're alright
Needs more work
Almost as much fun as shoving a red hot nail under my fingernail
Other (post below)
View Results

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored

whypick1 posted:

Regen = Pool passively increases at a rate of X per second
Recharge = After not taking damage for X seconds, pool increases at a rate of Y per second
Recovery = Any form of increasing your pool

ES doesn't normally regen, so the "no regen" mod probably has no effect on you, while "reduced recovery" would affect the rate (but not the delay) your ES recharges, which you would notice.

Speaking of obtuse language, what exactly does "recently" mean? As in "if you have used a movement skill recently". How recently?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Just another jackass on the Internet
4 seconds

whydirt
Apr 18, 2001

Gaz Posting Brigade :c00lbert:
Recently is a nearby unit of time

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

I’m watching mathil play bouncy pconc

What the hell is this skill?? It auto targets ? It looks incredible

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

I think I’m going to immediately reroll bouncing pconc

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Bouncing PConc is pretty cool. I linked jung's Trickster earlier that I'm doing.

Fair warning: the Demonic MTX for the skill looks cool but makes it so you can barely poo poo (...well, more so, this is PoE we're talking about here).

Vulpes
Nov 13, 2002

Well, shit.

Einwand posted:

https://old.reddit.com/r/pathofexile/comments/1cc00h8/new_t17_essence_abuse/
:allears:
How does this even happen, deep delving doesn't hp overflow.

I think delve scales through damage reduction rather than hp increases?

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

How HAM do I need to go on corpses to get a specific Perandus Pact mod? Want chaos damage, know I want to Increase Chaos and Scarce all the other mods, prioritizing Elemental, Defense (since they target multiple mods) and Resistance (to counteract Chaos getting boosted for Chaos res), but are we talking "2 or 3 corpses of each should be fine" or "if you don't fill up your entire graveyard you're a loving idiot who should be banned for life from this game"?

I only sound salty because I am, gently caress this mechanic.

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored
Hit 98. Added some more suppression and I now feel a lot less squishy. First time I’ve ever gone from 95-98 in a single day for sure

NPR Journalizard
Feb 14, 2008

Frank Frank posted:

Hit 98. Added some more suppression and I now feel a lot less squishy. First time I’ve ever gone from 95-98 in a single day for sure

Whats your strategy for that?

Traitorous Leopard
Jul 20, 2009

whypick1 posted:

How HAM do I need to go on corpses to get a specific Perandus Pact mod? Want chaos damage, know I want to Increase Chaos and Scarce all the other mods, prioritizing Elemental, Defense (since they target multiple mods) and Resistance (to counteract Chaos getting boosted for Chaos res), but are we talking "2 or 3 corpses of each should be fine" or "if you don't fill up your entire graveyard you're a loving idiot who should be banned for life from this game"?

I only sound salty because I am, gently caress this mechanic.

Idk if it’s been math’d out or not, but after doing one myself I don’t think you even need to go that hard.

I rolled a mana one the other day with only like 5 or 6 increased mana corpses and a row effect increase on them. No decreases at all

Either I got really lucky, or the mods are all evenly weighted and you can easily single one out with just a handful of corpses

Traitorous Leopard
Jul 20, 2009

And speaking of luck, I prob just had my luckiest hit ever in like 3k hours, at least considering I just finished my atlas and am still dirt poor

Ran a Vaal temple earlier when my t16 JV bricked into it. Kinda aimless and don’t have a farming strat yet cause I’m still figuring out my build and trying to get my feet under me

A rare CB jewel dropped from one of the chests. Oh cool, I thought, I’ll ID it when I get to my h/o and maybe it has some good mods.

No beans unfortunately, just a little res. Price checked at 20c. Throw it up and get an offer almost instantly. That’s weird, did I miss something? Turns out it was a viridian jewel, guy must’ve been mythic orb gambling. Figured I couldn’t let him have all the fun, and 20c wasn’t really moving the needle for me, so I bought a mythic myself fully expecting to poof it all.

Nope. Stormshroud.

Fastest 70d I’ve ever made. I’ve had bigger drops before, but never when they multiplied my wealth this much this early

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored

NPR Journalizard posted:

Whats your strategy for that?

Necropolis bottom left atlas nodes to boost your devoted lantern modifiers, all shrine nodes, all breach nodes, scarab of teachings, domination scarab that grants extra shrines, 2x breach scarabs. Your goal is to clear the entire map with at least 2 shrines active on you at all times (preferably more). Even low-risk maps were pulling 7-8% xp per map. Not sure what that's going to look like from 98-100 though. Try and prioritize the devoted allflame that makes monster packs drop lesser shrines because it gets crazy incredibly fast if you're moving quickly. Clear as little as possible but scout each map for at least 2 shrines. Get both shrines active on you and let it rock.

E: get rid of any content that will slow you down so no Betrayal, no harbinger etc. Legion can work if you have good clear (I do) but it's still kinda slow and having the mental debate whether to trigger a legion monolith vs for hunting down the rest of the breaches kinda sucks and breach > legion most of the time.

Looking better!

https://pobb.in/QQk1khNZmhpz

This is probably closer to reality but I still don't know how to configure PoB to show splitting steel bounces / returns or w/e. I set it to 20 but I doubt that's accurate and don't really know what to set it to tbh. Dang, this looks like a real character now lol.

Frank Frank fucked around with this message at 04:51 on Apr 25, 2024

RandomBlue
Dec 30, 2012

hay guys!

Biscuit Hider
So you're telling me all I need is 20c and a dream?

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored
Hey question for calculating accuracy vs. max life required for Precise Technique. Do I just add my main hand accuracy to my offhand or is there some weird "average the two" mechanic going on?

Herstory Begins Now
Aug 5, 2003
SOME REALLY TEDIOUS DUMB SHIT THAT SUCKS ASS TO READ ->>
accuracy number needs to be bigger than hp number

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored

Herstory Begins Now posted:

accuracy number needs to be bigger than hp number

There are two accuracy numbers; one for main hand, one for offhand. Those numbers are different. That was my question

Herstory Begins Now
Aug 5, 2003
SOME REALLY TEDIOUS DUMB SHIT THAT SUCKS ASS TO READ ->>
presumably each hand's attack checks if the relevant number is bigger

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored

Herstory Begins Now posted:

presumably each hand's attack checks if the relevant number is bigger

Ah ok.

E: ok this adds some weird nuance to this build. Means that if I do end up switching to arare helm, it has to have at least a little bit of accuracy on it to keep me below the HP threshold and I definitely shouldn’t take anymore HP passives. My offhand is fine but main hand is currently walking a tightrope

Frank Frank fucked around with this message at 05:18 on Apr 25, 2024

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Traitorous Leopard posted:

Idk if it’s been math’d out or not, but after doing one myself I don’t think you even need to go that hard.

I rolled a mana one the other day with only like 5 or 6 increased mana corpses and a row effect increase on them. No decreases at all

Either I got really lucky, or the mods are all evenly weighted and you can easily single one out with just a handful of corpses

Did 2x increased Chaos, 2x scarcer Resistance/Elemental/Defense and 1x scarcer Mana/Life/Attribute/Physical/Crit. Got it (but whiffed on getting an Vaal implicit).

And now I can basically ignore the Graveyard for the rest of the league.

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored
Ok I have a headache from playing with CoE and that gravecraft site. Anyone who is good at this bullshit want to tell me the best recipe for crafting a high-end fractured str/int or str/dex helmet with T1 chaos resist and T1 life is?

E: Want to make it clear I've been messing around with it but I just want the thing to spit out "BEST ODDS COMBINATION" without having to click/declick individual gravesites on the Sudos tool.
Just looking for the most headache-free method to craft a helm like I described. Doesn't even have to be cheap at this point

Frank Frank fucked around with this message at 06:23 on Apr 25, 2024

Altared State
Jan 14, 2006

I think I was born to burn
I've been following Ventrua's hexblast build and I'm trying to figure out why my build is lacking so much dps. I can't really see what is wrong besides a couple of gear items missing.

Mine:
https://pobb.in/xXGNs8vYbEyR

Theirs:
https://pobb.in/yEp-sdHqe9eA

Einwand
Nov 3, 2012

You idiot.
In this world it's pet or BE pet.

Vulpes posted:

I think delve scales through damage reduction rather than hp increases?

Far as I'm aware it's just hp scaling with an exception to not affect corpse explosion output, going off https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nC_En939Ing,

Setec_Astronomy
Mar 10, 2003

there's nothing wrong with you that an expensive operation can't prolong

whypick1 posted:

Did 2x increased Chaos, 2x scarcer Resistance/Elemental/Defense and 1x scarcer Mana/Life/Attribute/Physical/Crit. Got it (but whiffed on getting an Vaal implicit).

Yeah IDK what the base rate is on getting an implicit but it's pretty low. I made two +Mana Perandus jewels tonight with 600% increased chance of corruption implicits and neither one got one.

Edit: Also I finished that Cerulean Ring I was working on with T1 Cast Speed, T1 Int, T3 Life, and benchcrafted %Damage. Sold tonight for 50d!

mynnna
Jan 10, 2004

Altared State posted:

I've been following Ventrua's hexblast build and I'm trying to figure out why my build is lacking so much dps. I can't really see what is wrong besides a couple of gear items missing.

Mine:
https://pobb.in/xXGNs8vYbEyR

Theirs:
https://pobb.in/yEp-sdHqe9eA

You obviously have worse gear, just looking at the crit numbers, but this is a config problem too. He’s got charges, shock, wither turned on, and there’s a lot of fuckery with number of mines on the ground and number of simultaneous detonation chains going on that I’d bet he has set and you don’t. Effectively, his PoB is showing multiple mines exploding at once fully buffed and yours is showing one mine exploding at a time with no buffs.

(If I had to guess, anyway; I can’t open it in PoB right now)

E: best attempt to explain from memory. Shock, wither, etc is on the config tab, of course. To change number of mines on the ground, there should be a number (I don’t remember exactly what it’s labeled) above the main stats window on the primary tab, where you set the active skill; set that to whatever your max number of deployed mines is. Then on the skills tab, check “include in full dps” on your hexblast skill, and set “count” next to hexblast to 5.

That makes PoB model five detonation chains with max (19?) mines in play (for their 2% chance for mines to do double damage aura stacking). It’s not fully realistic as far as sustained dps goes, but is a close enough rendering of the damage you do in those scenarios where you get to setup a mine field ahead of time and then stand there spamming mines (up until you have to move, at which point obviously your damage drops off).

mynnna fucked around with this message at 12:55 on Apr 25, 2024

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Withered is a pretty drat big DPS boost, and that requires that Balance of Terror and manually casting Despair.

whydirt posted:

Recently is a nearby unit of time

Too soon for a new thread title?

bawfuls
Oct 28, 2009

WorldIndustries posted:

Yep I think mayyyybe there will be another dip in prime time tonight but I'm going to buy then

It makes me wonder if they was some secret strat that got hotfixed because two nights ago I was seeing like 8 magebloods at a time listed by the same person.
I bought last night at 103 so if you haven’t bought yet its sure to really bottom out today

Erulisse
Feb 12, 2019

A bad poster trying to get better.
Recently is never too soon

whydirt posted:

The Something Awful Forums > Discussion > Video Games > Path of Exile: Recently is a nearby unit of time

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored

bawfuls posted:

I bought last night at 103 so if you haven’t bought yet its sure to really bottom out today

Yeah I’m thinking there was some exploit because this 100% isn’t happening on console. MB is well over 200d

bawfuls
Oct 28, 2009

I dunno about an exploit but while I was watching it closely yesterday I saw an account list four at once

Mikojan
May 12, 2010

graveyard continues to be good to me

that + the 1173 pdps axe and I'm bonezoning

(I messed up the qual)

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

My intuition is you are playing a juggernaut

Salvor_Hardin
Sep 13, 2005

I want to go protest.
Nap Ghost
Looking for some help on why my armour stacker is getting rolled. I just switched over from the Doryani's Prototype configuration which was pretty strong outside of degen pools to a grasping mail setup and for some reason I am now significantly squishier.

POB: https://pobb.in/8wB4OfAlzvIu

Only thing I can think is I don't have a double phys taken as Watchers Eye yet so I am not running Transcendance. But I am 90% all-res and just shy of 2mil Armour so this should be tanky as hell. No idea whats going on.

Setec_Astronomy
Mar 10, 2003

Salvor_Hardin posted:

Looking for some help on why my armour stacker is getting rolled. I just switched over from the Doryani's Prototype configuration which was pretty strong outside of degen pools to a grasping mail setup and for some reason I am now significantly squishier.

POB: https://pobb.in/8wB4OfAlzvIu

Only thing I can think is I don't have a double phys taken as Watchers Eye yet so I am not running Transcendance. But I am 90% all-res and just shy of 2mil Armour so this should be tanky as hell. No idea whats going on.

I'm not sure exactly, but one thing I notice is that a huge portion of your defenses are tied to Molten Shell being up, which it won't be all the time. When it's down, your elemental max hit is ~43k which is good but not incredible. Are you dying to one-shots primarily? If so I suspect it's big elemental hits when MS is down. Does that line up with what might have changed from the Doryani's version of the build?

As for what to do about it, I'm not really sure short of going spell suppression which seems like a big regearing.

MerrMan
Aug 3, 2003

Frank Frank posted:

Necropolis bottom left atlas nodes to boost your devoted lantern modifiers, all shrine nodes, all breach nodes, scarab of teachings, domination scarab that grants extra shrines, 2x breach scarabs. Your goal is to clear the entire map with at least 2 shrines active on you at all times (preferably more). Even low-risk maps were pulling 7-8% xp per map. Not sure what that's going to look like from 98-100 though. Try and prioritize the devoted allflame that makes monster packs drop lesser shrines because it gets crazy incredibly fast if you're moving quickly. Clear as little as possible but scout each map for at least 2 shrines. Get both shrines active on you and let it rock.

This is the real deal. I just went from 99 to 100 on my Fulcrum Chieftain in like two hours - averaging about 150 million xp/hr while taking time to loot stuff because I wanted breachstones for The Hidden. 98.5 to 100 took about 30 maps, but they were juicy 8mods because self ignite is tanky af and loves big packs. I went in to blue altars and pack size rather than graveyard stuff to just put more monsters on the map but the lantern +xp mods are pretty powerful and that seems like a fine way to go. Be sure to have some of the +xp allflames for pack size or xp bonus lantern mods. Also buy an Omen of Amelioration in case you die - I died once (lmao don't click nasty blue altars when you're here for xp dummy) and losing only 2.5% instead of a full 10% was huuuuge. Worst case scenario is you don't use it and just resell it.

Fulcrum Chieftain has been crazy fun. I don't typically take builds to 100, and haven't done it since they nerfed 5ways (was that just last patch? or maybe 2). I don't remember the last time I played a true autobomber and having actual zero buttons to press is kind of fun. The self ignite stuff is still kind of dynamic because you need the fat ignite from a big pop to carry it through some tanky rares or map bosses so there's still a little bit of interaction with making sure you've got a big enough one to roll through the map. A+ would recommend although you need quite a bit of currency to get it going - I started at around 40 divines and it was smooth(ish) but I don't think I could recommend starting with much less. Not entirely sure on prices now but yeah, I can't imagine it's gotten too much cheaper.

Salvor_Hardin
Sep 13, 2005

I want to go protest.
Nap Ghost

Setec_Astronomy posted:

I'm not sure exactly, but one thing I notice is that a huge portion of your defenses are tied to Molten Shell being up, which it won't be all the time. When it's down, your elemental max hit is ~43k which is good but not incredible. Are you dying to one-shots primarily? If so I suspect it's big elemental hits when MS is down. Does that line up with what might have changed from the Doryani's version of the build?

As for what to do about it, I'm not really sure short of going spell suppression which seems like a big regearing.

This isn't a suppression build so that's not really an option. I was trying some juiced T17s which I was doing well at with the previous build and now every hit seems to be extra hard. It's not single hit, its just chains of projectiles are doing way more than expected.

The big change was going to a ES regen set up rather than Aegis. Could be that. The point of this build is every hit is super mitigated so 1400 regen is enough to cover it.

Setec_Astronomy
Mar 10, 2003

Salvor_Hardin posted:

This isn't a suppression build so that's not really an option. I was trying some juiced T17s which I was doing well at with the previous build and now every hit seems to be extra hard. It's not single hit, its just chains of projectiles are doing way more than expected.

The big change was going to a ES regen set up rather than Aegis. Could be that. The point of this build is every hit is super mitigated so 1400 regen is enough to cover it.

Yeah, Aegis is so busted that it's hard to imagine anything else feeling as good. "How about rather than taking this damage I instead heal for 2000 ES" is tough to beat.

For comparison, I'm running a build (Ice Nova Heirophant) with slightly lower EHP and much lower phys max hit but about twice your effective recovery and I also can get into bad situations with chain hits in T17's running Back to Basics. Things just hit loving hard in those maps and it's tough to outheal. My friend running a CoC Vortex build with Aegis Aurora has a relatively easier time (but has to roll over more map mods). That shield is just busted.

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored
Can you roll accuracy on a str/int helmet using essences or is that only a str/dex thing? CoE appears to have been updated because it now seems to understand that if you choose -2 explicit modifiers, the result will be a magic item which is nice.

Frank Frank fucked around with this message at 01:14 on Apr 26, 2024

Keru
Aug 2, 2004

'n suddenly there was a terrible roar all around us 'n the sky was full of what looked like 'uge bats, all swooping 'n screeching 'n divin' around the ute.
You should be able to roll +accuracy on any helmet base, I think that one's agnostic (unlike stuff that's evasion or ev/hybrid only like Suppression)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Setec_Astronomy
Mar 10, 2003

Frank Frank posted:

Can you roll accuracy on a str/int helmet using essences or is that only a str/dex thing? CoE appears to have been updated because it now seems to understand that if you choose -2 explicit modifiers, the result will be a magic item which is nice.

There isn't an accuracy essence for helmets so I assume you're just asking about which mods can roll on a specific helmet base, in which case the answer is craftofexile