Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: Captain Foo)
How do you feel about Archnemesis mods on rares?
Incredibly fun, I love them!
They're alright
Needs more work
Almost as much fun as shoving a red hot nail under my fingernail
Other (post below)
View Results

Wuxi
Apr 3, 2012

Salvor_Hardin posted:

This isn't a suppression build so that's not really an option. I was trying some juiced T17s which I was doing well at with the previous build and now every hit seems to be extra hard. It's not single hit, its just chains of projectiles are doing way more than expected.

The big change was going to a ES regen set up rather than Aegis. Could be that. The point of this build is every hit is super mitigated so 1400 regen is enough to cover it.

You have 3.5k ES and no Ele mitigation besides 90 max res. If Molten Shell is ever down you are in no way tanky. And if anything with Ele Penetration even looks at you wrong you will explode

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored

Setec_Astronomy posted:

There isn't an accuracy essence for helmets so I assume you're just asking about which mods can roll on a specific helmet base, in which case the answer is craftofexile

I'm using CoE to (hopefully) make a T1 life T1 chaos resist fractured him. I just wanted to make sure that if I go this route, I can essence spam afterwards to get suppression + accuracy on the fractured base and wasn't sure how to check CoE to see if that was possible.

Also I can't really figure out how to maximize (minimize) my corpse usage trying to make this helm. I guess the good news is that CoE always seems to spit out a dex/int base which is good because str/int wouldn't work since I can't get suppression on it I guess?

Frank Frank fucked around with this message at 01:44 on Apr 26, 2024

Setec_Astronomy
Mar 10, 2003

there's nothing wrong with you that an expensive operation can't prolong

Frank Frank posted:

I'm using CoE to (hopefully) make a T1 life T1 chaos resist fractured him. I just wanted to make sure that if I go this route, I can essence spam afterwards to get suppression + accuracy on the fractured base and wasn't sure how to check CoE to see if that was possible.

Also I can't really figure out how to maximize (minimize) my corpse use trying to make this helm.

So to be a bit less flippant, on craftofexile you can go to "helmet str/int" and look through the list of mods to see that accuracy is one of the available suffixes.

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored

Setec_Astronomy posted:

So to be a bit less flippant, on craftofexile you can go to "helmet str/int" and look through the list of mods to see that accuracy is one of the available suffixes.

Oh hmm ok. How exactly is CoE ensuring using gravecrafting that I'm getting the dex/int base I want? I don't see anything here that specifies the base type. I would hate to burn all these corpses and have it spit out str/int

Frank Frank fucked around with this message at 01:48 on Apr 26, 2024

Setec_Astronomy
Mar 10, 2003

Frank Frank posted:

Oh hmm ok. How exactly is CoE ensuring using gravecrafting that I'm getting the dex/int base I want? I don't see anything here that specifies the base type. I would hate to burn all these corpses and have it spit out str/int

In craftofexile you can pick your helmet base. The mod pools for helmets depend only on (1) the attribute reqs (e.g. str/int) and (2) the item level.

When you actually do the gravecraft you get to pick exactly the base that you want, so you'll pick your favorite str/int helmet base. It's one of the most busted things about gravecrafting.

Edit: Unrelated, but I bought a nice Anathema corrupted with "Cannot Be Poisoned" so I figured I'd take my old one to the temple to see what I could get. What do you know:

I don't even know how to price this thing. I see plenty of high-end characters using Anathema and Malevolence so it's definitely worth something, I just don't know if that something is 40d or 200d or somewhere in-between.

Setec_Astronomy fucked around with this message at 01:53 on Apr 26, 2024

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored

Setec_Astronomy posted:

In craftofexile you can pick your helmet base. The mod pools for helmets depend only on (1) the attribute reqs (e.g. str/int) and (2) the item level.

When you actually do the gravecraft you get to pick exactly the base that you want, so you'll pick your favorite str/int helmet base. It's one of the most busted things about gravecrafting.

Oh I've only done jewelry so far. Wasn't aware of that. That's good news. Ok so it looks like I can take the number of chaos corpses required down to 30 from 42 which is good I guess. It doesn't seem to affect my chances until I get to 29 corpses and then it goes from 1 in 3 to 1 in 4. Maybe less if I can figure out how to use those "+25% per-row" corpses properly.

Frank Frank fucked around with this message at 02:03 on Apr 26, 2024

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.

Frank Frank posted:

When the league launched, bases were completely random and gravecrafting was dogshit. About a week later they dropped a patch made it so you can pick almost any base you want, among a few other changes, and it became the most busted crafting mechanic imaginable

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Just another jackass on the Internet

Setec_Astronomy posted:

I just don't know if that something is 40d or 200d or somewhere in-between.

Probably closer to 40d than 200d. Could start at something like 100d then drop it by 5d every so often until someone else tells you what it's worth (by offering you that many Divines).

NPR Journalizard
Feb 14, 2008

Still cant use the hinekora lock beast recipe, is there any chance someone wants to do it for me? Happy to provide everything and pay for your time.

bawfuls
Oct 28, 2009

After acquiring babby's first mageblood this week, I'm trying to decide what's next. This is my current Ignite DD: https://poe.ninja/pob/1DV6

I think the obvious next step would be replacing the rare ring with Polaric Devastation, though after that I'm not sure.

But after zooming around with 161% movement speed for a couple days, I'm wondering if I should level an alt with a more mageblood-appropriate mapper. Something like RF or wardloop (is that still a thing?) that doesn't even need buttons to kill things. But if there's some other one-button build that's smooth and cheaper that's fine too.

I don't have a ton of currency at the moment but could farm some more on this character and sell the rest of the gear to fund another. I could probably recycle or re-craft these boots for a second character too. But I don't have a good feel for how much I'd need to fund a better mapper.

What could I do with like 20div and a mageblood?

Salvor_Hardin
Sep 13, 2005

I want to go protest.
Nap Ghost

Setec_Astronomy posted:

Yeah, Aegis is so busted that it's hard to imagine anything else feeling as good. "How about rather than taking this damage I instead heal for 2000 ES" is tough to beat.

For comparison, I'm running a build (Ice Nova Heirophant) with slightly lower EHP and much lower phys max hit but about twice your effective recovery and I also can get into bad situations with chain hits in T17's running Back to Basics. Things just hit loving hard in those maps and it's tough to outheal. My friend running a CoC Vortex build with Aegis Aurora has a relatively easier time (but has to roll over more map mods). That shield is just busted.

Yeah the real issue is I'm trying to do a multi-mirror type of build on a 1k div budget. Its so stupid.

mynnna
Jan 10, 2004

Frank Frank posted:

Oh I've only done jewelry so far. Wasn't aware of that. That's good news. Ok so it looks like I can take the number of chaos corpses required down to 30 from 42 which is good I guess. It doesn't seem to affect my chances until I get to 29 corpses and then it goes from 1 in 3 to 1 in 4. Maybe less if I can figure out how to use those "+25% per-row" corpses properly.

You don’t want to skimp on the chaos corpses on this craft, imo.

With life juiced up the way it is for this craft, over 90% of the prefix weight is that +max life mod, so you’ve got great odds there. Problem is, it also spikes up the weight on the life/s and % life regen rate on the suffix side, to the point that it’s 42% of the pool on the suffix side, vs 53% as chaos. Slightly better odds than a coin flip to hit chaos res, in other words. Cut down to 30 corpses and it’s slightly worse than a coin flip.

Setec_Astronomy
Mar 10, 2003

mynnna posted:

You don’t want to skimp on the chaos corpses on this craft, imo.

With life juiced up the way it is for this craft, over 90% of the prefix weight is that +max life mod, so you’ve got great odds there. Problem is, it also spikes up the weight on the life/s and % life regen rate on the suffix side, to the point that it’s 42% of the pool on the suffix side, vs 53% as chaos. Slightly better odds than a coin flip to hit chaos res, in other words. Cut down to 30 corpses and it’s slightly worse than a coin flip.

This is why I was saying in FrankFrank's original proposed craft to reduce the number of +Life corpses. I'm not sure what corpses are being used in the current craft, but in the original proposed one, dropping 3 of the 4 Life corpses was a 10 percentage point increase in overall success chance.

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored

Setec_Astronomy posted:

This is why I was saying in FrankFrank's original proposed craft to reduce the number of +Life corpses. I'm not sure what corpses are being used in the current craft, but in the original proposed one, dropping 3 of the 4 Life corpses was a 10 percentage point increase in overall success chance.

What? I’m gonna go look at this. That doesn’t make any sense…oh it’s because life is weighted heavier I guess

fknlo
Jul 6, 2009

Fun Shoe
I just want to say that I was unprepared for how much money I would set on fire burning essences trying to hit suppression on things.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Buy suppression fractured

fknlo
Jul 6, 2009

Fun Shoe

euphronius posted:

All of those I've seen are like 4 div and up. I've found 4 total div so far.

Speaking of essences, if they're similar in price you just want to use the highest level one, right? The guide usually mentions screaming but the next tier up seems to be very similar in price for some of them.

fknlo fucked around with this message at 04:23 on Apr 26, 2024

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored

euphronius posted:

The funniest part of this poo poo is that although gravecrafting is going to be annoying as poo poo, hitting +accuracy with a good +suppression roll is going to be loving miserable. I feel you lol

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

fknlo posted:

All of those I've seen are like 4 div and up. I've found 4 total div so far.

Speaking of essences, if they're similar in price you just want to use the highest level one, right? The guide usually mentions screaming but the next tier up seems to be very similar in price.

Only reason not to just use Deafening would be if the level requirement of the item is an issue, but I'm guessing that's not the case.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

You can usually get a tier 2 fractured suppression roll for like 100c and make it work until you can afford perfect gear later (or reroll or whatever )

mynnna
Jan 10, 2004

Frank Frank posted:

The funniest part of this poo poo is that although gravecrafting is going to be annoying as poo poo, hitting +accuracy with a good +suppression roll is going to be loving miserable. I feel you lol

Yeah.

All this said, I just noticed CoE supports the -explicit corpses now. Be sure to use them when modeling fractured items like this, because there’s a world of difference between “four explicit mods, any two of which must be these” and “two explicits, which are exactly these.”

This is to say that since noticing them and factoring them in, I can’t get much better than a 1/3 chance to hit the right item.

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored

mynnna posted:

Yeah.

All this said, I just noticed CoE supports the -explicit corpses now. Be sure to use them when modeling fractured items like this, because there’s a world of difference between “four explicit mods, any two of which must be these” and “two explicits, which are exactly these.”

This is to say that since noticing them and factoring them in, I can’t get much better than a 1/3 chance to hit the right item.

Yeah I said that earlier. If you put in -2 explicits, CoE does indeed return a magic item now (and yes, I’m using two in this attempt). I’m just going to give up on crafted mana reservation and rely on eldritch + fractured chaos res, life + essence accuracy and suppression.

Frank Frank fucked around with this message at 04:47 on Apr 26, 2024

mynnna
Jan 10, 2004

Frank Frank posted:

Yeah I said that earlier. If you put in -2 explicits, CoE does indeed return a magic item now (and yes, I’m using two in this attempt). I’m just going to give up on crafted mana reservation and rely on eldritch + fractured chaos res, life + essence accuracy and suppression.

Maybe I’m just misreading, but there isn’t accuracy via essences. Not on armour, at least.

bawfuls
Oct 28, 2009

mynnna posted:

Yeah.

Ideally you have a couple different affixes you're ok with for one of the fractures. When I was making boots I wanted chaos resistance and movespeed fractured but the third mod I was ok with any resist, life, or spell suppression. I got lucky and hit the suppression but any of those would have still yielded a workable item that can be finished with essence spam.

You can also try weighting towards prefix or suffix if there are more desirable mods for you on one side of that balance.

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored

mynnna posted:

Maybe I’m just misreading, but there isn’t accuracy via essences. Not on armour, at least.

Uhhh… yeah so laugh all you want but this is why I ask too many questions here. I have to have +life, +chaos resist, +accuracy (at least 200) and spell suppression. Mana reservation would be the cherry on top but I have given up on getting everything I want. Someone here led me to believe that I needed to craft T1 life snd chaos and then essence spam until I got suppression with accuracy.

If this craft won’t work please tell me now before I waste 40 chaos corpses because I don’t even give a poo poo about money anymore but buying corpses is the opposite of fun and takes hours upon hours

Frank Frank fucked around with this message at 05:04 on Apr 26, 2024

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored
Double post

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

That's 4 suffixes you want there pal

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored

whypick1 posted:

That's 4 suffixes you want there pal

How can that be? I checked CoE and T1 life/ chaos resist were prefix/suffix (not sure which is which

E: oh you meant with reservation nm

Nur_Neerg
Sep 1, 2004

The Lumbering but Unstoppable Sasquatch of the Appalachians
Check out the essence craftable helmet mods in one easy list here: https://poedb.tw/us/Helmets_str_dex#ModifiersCalc

mynnna
Jan 10, 2004

Frank Frank posted:

Uhhh… yeah so laugh all you want but this is why I ask too many questions here. I have to have +life, +chaos resist, +accuracy (at least 200) and spell suppression. Mana reservation would be the cherry on top but I have given up on getting everything I want. Someone here led me to believe that I needed to craft T1 life snd chaos and then essence spam until I got suppression with accuracy.

If this craft won’t work please tell me now before I waste 40 chaos corpses because I don’t even give a poo poo about money anymore but buying corpses is the opposite of fun and takes hours upon hours

Mana res via Essence is a suffix, so that doesn’t work. You’ll have to settle for the eldritch. And frankly, life+chaos and finish with Essence sucks. You’d have to spam a +defense Essence until you hit two t1 suffixes that have fairly low weights. Not impossible, but it’d be a hassle.

Here’s a very different angle to consider. If

a) you’re ambivalent about the defense mods on the item (a fracture of any of flat defense, %defense or %defense+stun recovery would be fine) and
b) 16-20% increased global accuracy rating meets your accuracy needs

Then aim for a defense+accuracy double fracture. You -should- be virtually guaranteed to hit an item with one of those three defense mods+one of those two accuracy mods. Then you essence spam to finish - I’d use the essence for chaos res and fish for life+suppression. Ideally you hit those with an empty prefix and then can craft a phys taken as X. Weighting for that is something like 15k attack, 1k defense increased, then decrease attribute by 900, life by 2400, resistance by 900, and phys by 600, plus 900 mod tier rating and the -explicit and +fracture stuff.

You could also go for the triple fracture of any defense mod + any accuracy mod + chaos; that’s something like 1200 attack, 20k chaos, 500 defense increases, with decreases of 1200 attribute, 750 elemental, 2100 life, 600 phys, and +900 mod tier. It’s a little riskier, there’s the possibility that you hit defense mod plus two accuracy mods rather than defense+acc+chaos, but if you hit, it’s then easier to finish - just spam greed essence until you get suppression, again ideally with an open prefix. If you go this route, it’s probably worth setting it up with some additional item crafted chance if it’ll fit so you get 2-3 attempts out of one graveyard, you’ll probably need it.

(I don’t think CoE is quite computing the odds correctly when it comes to magic items; it still seems to be operating as though hitting a two implicit item with two prefixes or two suffixes is possible, so it’s underreporting the odds of success for the first configuration…)

mynnna fucked around with this message at 05:39 on Apr 26, 2024

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored

Nur_Neerg posted:

Check out the essence craftable helmet mods in one easy list here: https://poedb.tw/us/Helmets_str_dex#ModifiersCalc

Ok so let me rephrase. Is there any reasonable way to get what I want or should I just quit? Some combating of fractures, essences and fossils?

E: reading up. Jeez that’s a lot to take in. I like your approach better because it doesn’t require 40+ chaos corpses . Honestly, I have like 150d to burn and I don’t think I’m going to need to do much else after I make this helmet so money isnt(?) an object really. Anything I can do to make this take less time would be amazing.

Frank Frank fucked around with this message at 05:45 on Apr 26, 2024

mynnna
Jan 10, 2004

tbf you’re not gonna get away from a basically full graveyard one way or another, the hope with what I’m proposing is to just make it easier on the back end, dozens or maybe hundreds of essences to hit instead of thousands.

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored

mynnna posted:

tbf you’re not gonna get away from a basically full graveyard one way or another, the hope with what I’m proposing is to just make it easier on the back end, dozens or maybe hundreds of essences to hit instead of thousands.

Anything just to be done with this tbh

mynnna
Jan 10, 2004

Frank Frank posted:

Anything just to be done with this tbh

Buy the finished item instead, if you can find one? :v:

(I know on console that’s a lot to ask…)

Nur_Neerg
Sep 1, 2004

The Lumbering but Unstoppable Sasquatch of the Appalachians
I'm a big fan of the triple fracture multi additional craft setup. Normally I do ~4 items total and end up with 1-2 usable that are a bit easier to finish. Not sure how the additional craft market is on console.

Big Mad Drongo
Nov 10, 2006

euphronius posted:

You can usually get a tier 2 fractured suppression roll for like 100c and make it work until you can afford perfect gear later (or reroll or whatever )

Last I checked suppression tattoos were 30c, so depending on your gear slot/stat needs you can make up the difference way under budget.

Wuxi
Apr 3, 2012

But Frank doesnt want any defense rolls on his helm.
If you want a Life/Chaos/Accuracy/Suppression Helmet there is really only one way - Two fractures means you need to have a prefix and a suffix, so Life + X. Accuracy cant be rolled by Essences (although you could go for Harvest crafting) and Suppression cannot be targeted via corpses. You're looking for a Fractured Life/Accuracy helmet, then use Envy essences till you hit enough Spell Suppression, lock Suffixes and Veiled Orb till +2 to socketed AoE gems and finish with a Korrell 8% of Physical Damage taken as Fire benchcraft.
To do so you have to massively boost both attack and reduce defenses - Since the helm can roll both life regeneration and life regeneration rate you can't boost life too much without hurting your chances to hit accuracy. Something like this could get you there with a 40% chance, with another 40% chance to hit Life/%accuracy, which may or may not be good enough as well.

fknlo
Jul 6, 2009

Fun Shoe

euphronius posted:

The cheapest t2 supreme spiked shield is still 3 div. I'll just have to farm up some stuff to progress. I'm at the point in the guide where it says things get expensive from here.

Big Mad Drongo posted:

Last I checked suppression tattoos were 30c, so depending on your gear slot/stat needs you can make up the difference way under budget.

This is one of the 93 holdover mechanics I still haven't touched

bawfuls
Oct 28, 2009

Anyone remember when the weekend stash tab sale ends? I’ll be out of town until Monday evening but I want to grab a few tabs during the sale.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

No Safe Word
Feb 26, 2005

bawfuls posted:

Anyone remember when the weekend stash tab sale ends? I’ll be out of town until Monday evening but I want to grab a few tabs during the sale.

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3516497
It ends Monday evening, the page above shows in your local time.