Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: Captain Foo)
How do you feel about Archnemesis mods on rares?
Incredibly fun, I love them!
They're alright
Needs more work
Almost as much fun as shoving a red hot nail under my fingernail
Other (post below)
View Results

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored

mynnna posted:

You could also go for the triple fracture of any defense mod + any accuracy mod + chaos; that’s something like 1200 attack, 20k chaos, 500 defense increases, with decreases of 1200 attribute, 750 elemental, 2100 life, 600 phys, and +900 mod tier. It’s a little riskier, there’s the possibility that you hit defense mod plus two accuracy mods rather than defense+acc+chaos, but if you hit, it’s then easier to finish - just spam greed essence until you get suppression, again ideally with an open prefix. If you go this route, it’s probably worth setting it up with some additional item crafted chance if it’ll fit so you get 2-3 attempts out of one graveyard, you’ll probably need it.

(I don’t think CoE is quite computing the odds correctly when it comes to magic items; it still seems to be operating as though hitting a two implicit item with two prefixes or two suffixes is possible, so it’s underreporting the odds of success for the first configuration…)

I'm going to go for the triple fracture I guess. I think I actually found one of those fracture corpses earlier. How many of them do I need? 3 I guess?I don't really care about the defensive mod al that much and spamming greeds fishing for suppression sounds a hell of a lot better than hoping to hit chaos resist with both life AND suppression at the same time.

E: Wait hold up, DECREASE mod tier? Nm no such thing - you just meant +18 mod tier corpses.

Ok so that setup uses 79/88 graves. I'm assuming for a triple fracture I'm just going to do -1 explicit, then 3 fracture corpses and then what, 5 extra item chances?

Frank Frank fucked around with this message at 15:46 on Apr 26, 2024

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Andohz
Aug 15, 2004

World's Strongest Smelly Hobo
I've only seen 25% to fracture corpses so depending on row/column/adjacent increased effect you'd need a few

Mikojan
May 12, 2010

U'll need 9 if u can row / column buff them all to get 300% I think

You can also hunt for them using randomized graves. Maybe even temporarily spec into the atlas node that makes all dropped corpses random, weighted for more rare corspes

If you are lucky you could hit an extra craft corpse and maybe up your chances for the end product being good

Mikojan fucked around with this message at 16:04 on Apr 26, 2024

M. Night Skymall
Mar 22, 2012

If you want to do multiple fractures/additional items you're going to have to use the 40% adjacent corpse bonuses, which means you need to get adjacent bonuses for specific types of corpses and then you need to get your additional item/fracture corpses to all be the correct type..which means you will almost assuredly have to trade for them.

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored
Oh my loving god I hate this so much lmao. I don't know if I even want to bother with this. Just an enormous waste of time and effort for possibly nothing. Maybe this nonsense is tolerable on PC where you can use TFT to bulk-buy stuff but this is a nightmare on console. Also every time I say "ok I think I know what I need" someone comes along and says "nope you also need Y and Z oh and you need specific types of corpses now".

I guess I'll try this one final graveyard and then just give up if nothing comes of it.

Frank Frank fucked around with this message at 16:23 on Apr 26, 2024

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.

fknlo posted:

The cheapest t2 supreme spiked shield is still 3 div. I'll just have to farm up some stuff to progress. I'm at the point in the guide where it says things get expensive from here.

This is one of the 93 holdover mechanics I still haven't touched

They're not too complicated. Basically they're consumables that you can apply to your passive tree to replace a small "+10 to attribute" node with a different bonus. List of available ones is here. No real caveats other than (A) no longer getting the +10 attribute from the node, which may or may not matter depending on how tight the attribute requirements are for your build, and (B) your build needs to path through the required nodes to begin with. Unfortunately, (B) is what makes this unviable for you -- the spell suppression tattoo needs to be applied to a +dex passive, and you don't have any of those on your tree. In general though, they're great for squeezing out a few extra points of elemental resistance or whatever if your build has room to give up a few attribute points.

RandomBlue
Dec 30, 2012

hay guys!

Biscuit Hider
Levelling an alt to try a new build and was trying hollow palm with smite that a lot of guides say is great for levelling and jesus it felt like poo poo and was slow as gently caress every time I tried swapping to it, with a 6L smite setup. Not sure what I was missing other than onslaught not being available anymore.

Switched to a rain of arrows setup with a high elemental damage bow and it's soo much faster at killing poo poo than either the hp/smite setup or the split arrow setup I was using before.

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Just another jackass on the Internet
You definitely did something wrong then. Seven League Step should have you flying across the area and Call of the Void + Herald of Ice will have you blowing up half the screen with one punch. Can't imagine a faster twink leveling setup.

vvv Oh yeah, that'd definitely do it

whypick1 fucked around with this message at 16:38 on Apr 26, 2024

No Safe Word
Feb 26, 2005

RandomBlue posted:

Levelling an alt to try a new build and was trying hollow palm with smite that a lot of guides say is great for levelling and jesus it felt like poo poo and was slow as gently caress every time I tried swapping to it, with a 6L smite setup. Not sure what I was missing other than onslaught not being available anymore.

Switched to a rain of arrows setup with a high elemental damage bow and it's soo much faster at killing poo poo than either the hp/smite setup or the split arrow setup I was using before.

Are you sure you were truly unencumbered for hollow palm?

the good wiki posted:

Being unencumbered is a status gained by not having any main hand item, off hand item or gloves equipped

It's different from like, poisonous concoction or Facebreakers - you cannot have gloves equipped.

M. Night Skymall
Mar 22, 2012

Frank Frank posted:

Oh my loving god I hate this so much lmao. I don't know if I even want to bother with this. Just an enormous waste of time and effort for possibly nothing. Maybe this nonsense is tolerable on PC where you can use TFT to bulk-buy stuff but this is a nightmare on console. Also every time I say "ok I think I know what I need" someone comes along and says "nope you also need Y and Z oh and you need specific types of corpses now".

I guess I'll try this one final graveyard and then just give up if nothing comes of it.

Yeah, I did one craft where I set up 2 additional items and 2 fractures and it took me hours of trading for the right corpses and adjacent corpse type bonuses and burying corpses in the right spot and all 3 items missed. I have like 5 quad tabs of corpses, but quit the league instead of dealing with them.

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored

M. Night Skymall posted:

Yeah, I did one craft where I set up 2 additional items and 2 fractures and it took me hours of trading for the right corpses and adjacent corpse type bonuses and burying corpses in the right spot and all 3 items missed. I have like 5 quad tabs of corpses, but quit the league instead of dealing with them.

I'm going to take one last shot at it - just spend whatever I need to in order to set this graveyard up but after this I'm done. If that helm doesn't hit I'm just going to do challenges and quit. The "adjacent corpse of same type" thing is an absolute no-go on console. I'd spend just as much time waiting for (ex) construct corpses that have fracture on them as I would waiting for someone to list the base I want I think. I absolutely loathe this crafting system. Even crucible was tolerable compared to this bullshit. No one wants to spend half a loving day setting up a graveyard. It's tedious and boring.

I really miss my nigh-invulnerable PSRS character.

Frank Frank fucked around with this message at 16:46 on Apr 26, 2024

RandomBlue
Dec 30, 2012

hay guys!

Biscuit Hider

No Safe Word posted:

Are you sure you were truly unencumbered for hollow palm?

It's different from like, poisonous concoction or Facebreakers - you cannot have gloves equipped.

Yes, I'm sure. I was unencumbered, had the HP jewel in a cluster socket, 6L smite and it was just slow and lovely for me. Last time I attempted it I was around 32 or so and if it's not good by then, then I'm not sure what the point is.

Dum Cumpster
Sep 12, 2003

*pozes your neghole*

Frank Frank posted:

Thank you for both letting me learn some stuff about crafting by following what you're trying to do with the advice you've been given AND deeply confirm that I have no desire to do any of that poo poo.

Einwand
Nov 3, 2012

You idiot.
In this world it's pet or BE pet.

Grave crafting is very strong and also extremely tedious.

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored
Ok so I'm going to need 4 of the "additional item" corpses of the same monster type and then stick an "adjacent of type 40%" in the middle and 4(?) of the same for fracture or should I do fracture in a row/column and use one of the 25% boost corpses? Also do rows/columns include gaps or do the "rows" end where gaps occur?

Dum Cumpster posted:

Thank you for both letting me learn some stuff about crafting by following what you're trying to do with the advice you've been given AND deeply confirm that I have no desire to do any of that poo poo.

Please don't thank me. Thank whypick1 or Mynna. I am loving awful at this and have no real desire to spent time absorbing a werido crafting mechanic that will be gone forever in a few months but here we are. My issue is that my options for acquiring high-end items on console are very limited and there aren't dedicated people just crafting stuff for others like there are on PC so I'm stuck either making due without or learning the mechanic. I'm trying to learn but it's more frustrating than anything.

Be aware that even if you DO learn this crafting mechanic, none of it will be relevant to the next crafting mechanic that comes along and none of this will likely ever go core / become a permanent part of the game

Frank Frank fucked around with this message at 16:59 on Apr 26, 2024

Mikojan
May 12, 2010

I super dig the corpse crafting. I just plop down some corpses and come back after a bunch of maps to plop down a few more.

If you are going to tryhard it and look up every single possible minmax strat and sit in your gy for half a day then yea, it's probably horrible.

As a long term, low effort commitment, it's actually pretty fun. I've made most of my bis items this league so far with corpses, and I've looked up 0 things or havent spent longer than a few minutes there at a time.

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored

Mikojan posted:

I super dig the corpse crafting. I just plop down some corpses and come back after a bunch of maps to plop down a few more.

If you are going to tryhard it and look up every single possible minmax strat and sit in your gy for half a day then yea, it's probably horrible.

As a long term, low effort commitment, it's actually pretty fun. I've made most of my bis items this league so far with corpses, and I've looked up 0 things or havent spent longer than a few minutes there at a time.

I need a very specific helm to swap out of my unique and my chances of anyone crafting/selling it to me are virtually nil.

I still do need an answer to this though:

quote:

Ok so I'm going to need 4 of the "additional item" corpses of the same monster type and then stick an "adjacent of type 40%" in the middle and 4(?) of the same for fracture or should I do fracture in a row/column and use one of the 25% boost corpses? Also do rows/columns include gaps or do the "rows" end where gaps occur?

Nur_Neerg
Sep 1, 2004

The Lumbering but Unstoppable Sasquatch of the Appalachians

RandomBlue posted:

Yes, I'm sure. I was unencumbered, had the HP jewel in a cluster socket, 6L smite and it was just slow and lovely for me. Last time I attempted it I was around 32 or so and if it's not good by then, then I'm not sure what the point is.

You're 100% certain you have Hollow Palm allocated too? That build is extremely easy and hilariously OP for acts

RandomBlue
Dec 30, 2012

hay guys!

Biscuit Hider

Nur_Neerg posted:

You're 100% certain you have Hollow Palm allocated too? That build is extremely easy and hilariously OP for acts

Oh god drat it, I thought it gave you the ability, the passive node it added was under the open inventory window and I didn't see it. Son of a bitch.

Will have to give it another shot.

mynnna
Jan 10, 2004

Frank Frank posted:

It’s kind of a pain yes, and the particular mix of stats you’re going for doesn’t help. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Setec_Astronomy
Mar 10, 2003

there's nothing wrong with you that an expensive operation can't prolong

Frank Frank posted:

The additional item corpses are very expensive, so what I would do is instead use 2 of them, each surrounded by 4 of the 40% booster corpses. That will get you 104% chance to craft an additional item. Then use all the boosted spots to boost other corpses that you need a lot of, e.g. your fracture corpses.

If you are having trouble visualizing this or picking your layout, I really like this tool: https://sudos.help/poe/graveyard. You can copy your plan from craftofexile into there and it will let you know which requirements are being met by your current layout plan.

RandomBlue posted:

Oh god drat it, I thought it gave you the ability, the passive node it added was under the open inventory window and I didn't see it. Son of a bitch.

Also note that the point of Hollow Palm is largely the dex stacking flat damage, so you need to be grabbing all the dex you can from the tree if you want to get the full power.

I tried a different leveling strat for my second character this league -- PoeGUY's artillery ballista leveling build. I liked it better than Hollow Palm because it has actual defenses in the later acts. The 4-5 times I've done Hollow Palm in the past, I died so many times in Acts 9-10 and always died to Kitava at least a couple times. With the Artillery Ballista setup I died a grand total of once from Act 4-10, and I felt like the damage was as good or better. The first 20 levels aren't nearly as smooth, though, but that's probably down to me picking a suboptimal initial leveling strat (PoeGUY's guide starts around level 20).

Setec_Astronomy fucked around with this message at 17:36 on Apr 26, 2024

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored
Also whoever suggested running around with an Omen of Amelioration - this was a good idea. They are cheap and there's absolutely no reason not to have one on me at all times until I hit 100.

MerrMan
Aug 3, 2003

Frank Frank posted:

Also whoever suggested running around with an Omen of Amelioration - this was a good idea. They are cheap and there's absolutely no reason not to have one on me at all times until I hit 100.

I helped Frank Frank on his journey :3:

What is the best bosser I can build for Mageblood +100 divines? I bought a Mageblood for the first time because I don't have one but it's not really very good on my Fulcrum Chieftain because he uses 3 unique flasks. He can walk through T17 maps at this point (although watch out for the detonate dead spider demons, oof) but can't even budge the boss life bar so running them is kind of a loss without being able to collect the fragments at the end.

Bonus points for suggestions that are either Duelist or Witch so I can respec one of my other dudes (Splitting Steel league starter and BAMA which I abandoned because I fuuuuuuckin hated it). It doesn't really have to do anything but kill bosses.

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored
Huh. Just had a blessing of Chaluya + red dream jewel drop off the same boss. Decent payday - neat. I don't think I can shoehorn green nightmare into this build but man, it'd be nice if I could.

Frank Frank fucked around with this message at 18:52 on Apr 26, 2024

bawfuls
Oct 28, 2009

RandomBlue posted:

dont worry this is by far the most common thing people screw up about that build

There’s a line about it on the max roll guides where the author says “please MAKE SURE you actually allocated Hollow Palm before you DM me about why your damage sucks”

Edmond Dantes
Sep 12, 2007

Reactor: Online
Sensors: Online
Weapons: Online

ALL SYSTEMS NOMINAL
This league taught me that I'm absolute garbage at making currency. I had a CCDoD build that was just obliterating T16s (hadn't made the jump to clusters yet since I'm poor) and I was running map-sped'd, fully scarab'd (5 slots) Legion and even bulk selling all the poo poo I got I was still making like... a div every 10 maps? Maybe 1.1/1.2?

I currently have 11 divs and maybe another 10 on gear, but that's like all I got this league; I know I've been playing way less than some folks, but I have been playing since start and I've never seen the ridiculous drops some people have been talking about, patched out exploits notwithstanding.

I'll try again next league I guess.

/edit: This is my atlas tree, I've been scouring/chiseling/alching all my T16 maps.

pork never goes bad
May 16, 2008

MerrMan posted:

I helped Frank Frank on his journey :3:

What is the best bosser I can build for Mageblood +100 divines? I bought a Mageblood for the first time because I don't have one but it's not really very good on my Fulcrum Chieftain because he uses 3 unique flasks. He can walk through T17 maps at this point (although watch out for the detonate dead spider demons, oof) but can't even budge the boss life bar so running them is kind of a loss without being able to collect the fragments at the end.

Bonus points for suggestions that are either Duelist or Witch so I can respec one of my other dudes (Splitting Steel league starter and BAMA which I abandoned because I fuuuuuuckin hated it). It doesn't really have to do anything but kill bosses.

Splitting steel can get to great boss dps or you could probably do a doryani/mahuxotl lightning strike champ but perseverance exists and they feel like a waste of a mageblood imo so probably something on your witch. You don't like BAMA but that's a fkn great bossing character so depending on why you hated it, you might be able to repurpose that.

Moving past things you probably don't wanna do, Occultist has a couple good bossing options. You've got hexblast and ice trap for zhp but insane damage that can instaphase pretty much anything (though any mechanics that do touch you are instant death) and you've got CoC builds which are generally quite expensive but can be great all rounders that'll boss well enough. Ice Nova of Frostbolts using Cospri's to trigger frostbolts looks like a cool build. Most people are CI with Aegis and Incandescent Heart but there's a LL option with Shavs and Prism Guardian. And there's always detonate dead on either necro or elementalist.

M. Night Skymall
Mar 22, 2012

Edmond Dantes posted:

This league taught me that I'm absolute garbage at making currency. I had a CCDoD build that was just obliterating T16s (hadn't made the jump to clusters yet since I'm poor) and I was running map-sped'd, fully scarab'd (5 slots) Legion and even bulk selling all the poo poo I got I was still making like... a div every 10 maps? Maybe 1.1/1.2?

I currently have 11 divs and maybe another 10 on gear, but that's like all I got this league; I know I've been playing way less than some folks, but I have been playing since start and I've never seen the ridiculous drops some people have been talking about, patched out exploits notwithstanding.

/edit: This is my atlas tree, I've been scouring/chiseling/alching all my T16 maps.

Hm, you can sell T17s for 2 maps/div, I'm pretty sure you'd get way more than 2 T17s every 10 maps just running a straight map drop strategy, ignoring literally anything else you might get. Something like this https://maxroll.gg/poe/poe-atlas-tree/n16fq0x8 with 2x carto scarab, 1x carto ascencion, 1x carto corruption. Run on dunes or JV, you'll highly over sustain your 8mod maps, just throw out the ones you can't run and sell your T17s, there're surely better currency strats now, but will certainly beat whatever you got going there.

Setec_Astronomy
Mar 10, 2003

Edmond Dantes posted:

I'm very surprised by these numbers. Legion isn't as amazing as it once was but I have trouble seeing how this strat doesn't net at least 40c per map. Have you tried putting this through WealthyExile or Exilence Next to see if you're missing some sellable value somewhere?

Also, this league using the Allflames well is a huge deal. Every time you get "strongest monster converts dropped X into chaos orbs" that needs an Allflame of Anarchy applied (in the top slot so that it's the most common pack). You can buy these in bulk for 10c and a single chaos conversion map should net 120-140 raw chaos; I've seen it go over 200 raw chaos in a single T16 map if it's really juiced to the gills. The best part is that these drop in stacks (of 3-8 in general) so you don't have to click 120 separate chaos orbs.

If you really are making that low of profits, the only other thing I can think is to try running 8-mod corrupted maps if you aren't already. They have WAY higher quant and pack size.

bawfuls
Oct 28, 2009

bawfuls posted:

After acquiring babby's first mageblood this week, I'm trying to decide what's next. This is my current Ignite DD: https://poe.ninja/pob/1DV6

I think the obvious next step would be replacing the rare ring with Polaric Devastation, though after that I'm not sure.

But after zooming around with 161% movement speed for a couple days, I'm wondering if I should level an alt with a more mageblood-appropriate mapper. Something like RF or wardloop (is that still a thing?) that doesn't even need buttons to kill things. But if there's some other one-button build that's smooth and cheaper that's fine too.

I don't have a ton of currency at the moment but could farm some more on this character and sell the rest of the gear to fund another. I could probably recycle or re-craft these boots for a second character too. But I don't have a good feel for how much I'd need to fund a better mapper.

What could I do with like 20div and a mageblood?
Reposting this question from last night. What should I play that gets more out of Mageblood than Ignite DD Elementalist does?

Maybe it’s a good league to go some bow hit build cause I guess it’s “easy” to craft amazing bows with the graveyard? Does wardloop still work or does it require more significant investment?

Edmond Dantes
Sep 12, 2007

ALL SYSTEMS NOMINAL
Yeah, not sure what to tell y'all. According to WealthyExile I've made... 1.3 div/day for the past week, you can see where I spent some divs grabbing an amulet. This is with WealthyExile taking everything I own into account, including a bunch of lower c bulk trades which I've listed but gotten 0 bites.

I haven't always been running 8 mod maps, but at least chisel/alch and 3xLegion Scarabs and an Officer Scarab. Dunno what I'm doing wrong but I've burnt myself out a bit so I'll just sit this one out and come back next league and jump on every hosed up strat people find. :v:

Setec_Astronomy
Mar 10, 2003

Frank Frank posted:

Yeah I said that earlier. If you put in -2 explicits, CoE does indeed return a magic item now (and yes, I’m using two in this attempt). I’m just going to give up on crafted mana reservation and rely on eldritch + fractured chaos res, life + essence accuracy and suppression.

I just checked this, and it's the way it was before: yes, CoE returns a magic item, but it does NOT compute the probability of success correctly. It still computes as if you were generating a rare. For example, here:

Craftofexile claims that the chance of success here is 24.3%, which is the chance of hitting a 64% affix and a 9.6% affix drawn randomly without replacement. This is wrong.

The correct calculation is the chance of drawing a 77% prefix and a 74% suffix, which is 0.77*0.74 ~= 56% chance of success.

RandomBlue
Dec 30, 2012

hay guys!

Biscuit Hider

Edmond Dantes posted:

Yeah, not sure what to tell y'all. According to WealthyExile I've made... 1.3 div/day for the past week, you can see where I spent some divs grabbing an amulet. This is with WealthyExile taking everything I own into account, including a bunch of lower c bulk trades which I've listed but gotten 0 bites.

I haven't always been running 8 mod maps, but at least chisel/alch and 3xLegion Scarabs and an Officer Scarab. Dunno what I'm doing wrong but I've burnt myself out a bit so I'll just sit this one out and come back next league and jump on every hosed up strat people find. :v:

I've been doing very well using a standard Back To Basics atlas, maxing out map drop + scarabs, then chisel + alch/scour until I get a good 75%+ map, then corrupt it hoping for a boost without bricking it and running with 2 cart, monstrous lineage and hunted trators scarabs. The cart scarabs are boosting map drops hoping for T17s and the other two add a bunch more mobs. Running Jungle Valley or Burial Chambers, ran Dunes for awhile and it wasn't bad but JV feels better. I don't use singular focus because I'm not convinced that's not affecting T17 map drops as I feel like I'm getting more without that allocated.

Added bonus of the hunted traitors is that the mobs are all attacking each other and ignoring me until I zoom in and explode the whole pack.

Probably averaging 4/5 div per hour, which is great for me. Never made as much money as I have this league.

e: This is the atlas tree I'm running: https://poeplanner.com/a/ePh

RandomBlue fucked around with this message at 20:40 on Apr 26, 2024

DaveWoo
Aug 14, 2004

Fun Shoe

Frank Frank posted:

Yeah, I always stick one in my inventory when I'm getting close to a level up. They're a great insurance policy.

Edmond Dantes
Sep 12, 2007

ALL SYSTEMS NOMINAL
I just ran this:

Got this:

Which WealthyExile is parsing as: (unselected a single regret orb at the bottom to get the selection div pricing).

According to this I just made 1.2 div out of that map, but that's not quite 1-to-1 unless I manage to sell everything, and from my (I admit, somewhat limited comparatively) experience, that just doesn't happen.

Out of those I've never been able to move coffins, timeless splinters/emblems, or contracts. I have a bunch of bulk pricing tabs where I throw in stuff according to WE/AwakenedTrade pricing and they just never sell.

I think I just suck at trading. :v:

RandomBlue
Dec 30, 2012

hay guys!

Biscuit Hider

Edmond Dantes posted:

Out of those I've never been able to move coffins, timeless splinters/emblems, or contracts. I have a bunch of bulk pricing tabs where I throw in stuff according to WE/AwakenedTrade pricing and they just never sell.

The vast majority of the actual usable currency I get out of maps is from selling T17 maps, scarabs worth over 5c, The Fortunate cards (I just hold on to them until I get 12 and convert to 2 div), specific allflame embers (frogs, rats, +xp, a few others worth 5c+) and coffins worth 5c or more. I've got a whole bunch of 3c coffins I've been saving up in a tab to sell in bulk if I ever get around to it, any coffin worth less than 3c I don't bother picking up.

I also have my flasks tab set as public with everything set to sell at 5c and I just don't worry about what they are individually and upgrade any non-magic one to magic before throwing it in the tab and they sell at a pretty consistent rate. I'm probably leaving some money on the table for some of them but I'd rather not waste the time trying to figure out which ones are actually worth more and which aren't.

Edmond Dantes
Sep 12, 2007

ALL SYSTEMS NOMINAL

RandomBlue posted:

The vast majority of the actual usable currency I get out of maps is from selling T17 maps, scarabs worth over 5c, The Fortunate cards (I just hold on to them until I get 12 and convert to 2 div), specific allflame embers (frogs, rats, +xp, a few others worth 5c+) and coffins worth 5c or more. I've got a whole bunch of 3c coffins I've been saving up in a tab to sell in bulk if I ever get around to it, any coffin worth less than 3c I don't bother picking up.

I also have my flasks tab set as public with everything set to sell at 5c and I just don't worry about what they are individually and upgrade any non-magic one to magic before throwing it in the tab and they sell at a pretty consistent rate. I'm probably leaving some money on the table for some of them but I'd rather not waste the time trying to figure out which ones are actually worth more and which aren't.

Yeah, that's kind of what I mean. I DO get a bunch of stuff, but most of it is in the lower single-digit chaos; I can potentially have a tab with 100c work of coffins, but in practice I have a bunch of poo poo I can't sell. :<

RandomBlue
Dec 30, 2012

hay guys!

Biscuit Hider

Edmond Dantes posted:

Yeah, that's kind of what I mean. I DO get a bunch of stuff, but most of it is in the lower single-digit chaos; I can potentially have a tab with 100c work of coffins, but in practice I have a bunch of poo poo I can't sell. :<

Use a stricter filter, like the Uber Strict filter on filterblade.xyz, you'll pick up less garbage and run the maps faster so you're getting more high value stuff in the same time period. Most the stuff you show in that Wealthy Exiles screenshot wouldn't even show up with that filter.

MerrMan
Aug 3, 2003

pork never goes bad posted:

Splitting steel can get to great boss dps or you could probably do a doryani/mahuxotl lightning strike champ but perseverance exists and they feel like a waste of a mageblood imo so probably something on your witch. You don't like BAMA but that's a fkn great bossing character so depending on why you hated it, you might be able to repurpose that.

Moving past things you probably don't wanna do, Occultist has a couple good bossing options. You've got hexblast and ice trap for zhp but insane damage that can instaphase pretty much anything (though any mechanics that do touch you are instant death) and you've got CoC builds which are generally quite expensive but can be great all rounders that'll boss well enough. Ice Nova of Frostbolts using Cospri's to trigger frostbolts looks like a cool build. Most people are CI with Aegis and Incandescent Heart but there's a LL option with Shavs and Prism Guardian. And there's always detonate dead on either necro or elementalist.

Interesting. I know SS can get there but it basically relies on Nimis which is a whopping 120div right now and I'm just not interested in doing that. Moving the fun Eater/Exarch drops to the uber version was a huge miss for this patch imo. I've been dodging Hexblast for no particular reason so maybe the occultist version is worth looking in to. Thanks for the suggestions.

Edmond Dantes posted:

I just ran this:

Got this:

Which WealthyExile is parsing as: (unselected a single regret orb at the bottom to get the selection div pricing).

According to this I just made 1.2 div out of that map, but that's not quite 1-to-1 unless I manage to sell everything, and from my (I admit, somewhat limited comparatively) experience, that just doesn't happen.

Basically none of this is real. No one is buying individual splinters and the rest is bubblegum currency. That's not to say it's completely worthless, but again no one is likely to buy 6 Greater Eldritch Embers - but they will pay a divine to buy ~45 of them. That's generally what people mean when they talk about selling in bulk - you're not going to get any bites on your small quantities of common currency but if you package it up someone will want to buy a bundle of them at once to save them time doing multiple trades. Also, in general the only contracts that are worth anything are *Deception (I had perception here originally but was wrong but heist sucks so gently caress 'em) contracts and those are pretty easy to sell (again, especially in bulk on TFT) and quickly.

If you want Wealthy Exile to give you a better idea of what your stash is actually worth set either/both the Price threshold to 10c and the Total threshold to ~100c. This will let you know individual items that are worth 10 chaos (that's about the cutoff for what you can hope to get an individual one item sale for) and what you can bundle up to sell for a divine.

MerrMan fucked around with this message at 22:18 on Apr 26, 2024

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Edmond Dantes
Sep 12, 2007

ALL SYSTEMS NOMINAL

RandomBlue posted:

Use a stricter filter, like the Uber Strict filter on filterblade.xyz, you'll pick up less garbage and run the maps faster so you're getting more high value stuff in the same time period. Most the stuff you show in that Wealthy Exiles screenshot wouldn't even show up with that filter.
It's the one I'm using v:v:v

MerrMan posted:

Basically none of this is real. No one is buying individual splinters and the rest is bubblegum currency.
For some I've been waiting until I have a 'full divine stack' (eldritch embers) but the rest is pretty much why I'm complaining whining sharing my money-making misadventures to see if I was missing something obvious or I'm just unlucky/not slamming enough maps.

MerrMan posted:

If you want Wealthy Exile to give you a better idea of what your stash is actually worth set either/both the Price threshold to 10c and the Total threshold to ~100c. This will let you know individual items that are worth 10 chaos (that's about the cutoff for what you can hope to get an individual one item sale for) and what you can bundle up to sell for a divine.
Oh didn't know about this, I'll give it a try, cheers.