Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: Captain Foo)
How do you feel about Archnemesis mods on rares?
Incredibly fun, I love them!
They're alright
Needs more work
Almost as much fun as shoving a red hot nail under my fingernail
Other (post below)
View Results

Stux
Nov 17, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 14 hours!
if im doing ignite prolif do i want to avoid picking up last rites? idk how much of the prolif effect comes from corpses vs spreading thru packs while theyre alive

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nerox
May 20, 2001

Captain Foo posted:

small exile is fuckin hilarious

Small exile gives me the warm nostalgia feelings of tiny agent in Anarchy Online.

Edit: POE content: I have no clue what I am going to start as, I am just going to go with feelings on the character creation screen.

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Just another jackass on the Internet

Stux posted:

if im doing ignite prolif do i want to avoid picking up last rites? idk how much of the prolif effect comes from corpses vs spreading thru packs while theyre alive

None of the guides I've seen take it. The consensus seems to be you save your curses for rares (so you don't get the benefit from the small passives all that often), everything will always be burning so you don't have to deal with energy shield recharge and there are other ways of dealing with life regen if it really is a problem (Frost Bomb, Ryslatha upgraded Pantheon). Seems to be totally not worth it.

Erulisse
Feb 12, 2019

A bad poster trying to get better.

Reiterpallasch posted:

does a bama start have to farm the alt mirror arrow gem in merc lab, or can it just use the basic ba/ma gems until maps and then buy one?

Look, I got mine from basic lab, feeding same gems
I also did it on both witch and scion so you can just go DD following the tree pathing with minimum respec later, while getting the gems
or just be like all and stay DD until alt reroll

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

My goal this league is to not roll an alt until at least May

queeb
Jun 10, 2004

m

i may go tunas exsang miner and farm up some currency for a bama character later on

then again, can bama scale up into doing delirium mirror juiced t16/17s? does it have enough tank?

Fried Watermelon
Dec 29, 2008

Paying2Lurk posted:

I bought the Disciple Pack. So I picked up the Map Tab, and still have another 160 points to spend. I've got a bunch of cosmetics it turns out, I must have collected them from Twitch drops over the years.

Anyway now I've got 1 Premium tab and the Currency, Fragment, and Map tabs. I'll wait for the next sale before picking up anything else.

They do tab sales usually the first weekend for league launches.

Div and unique tab are good for getting rid of clutter

pork never goes bad
May 16, 2008

queeb posted:

then again, can bama scale up into doing delirium mirror juiced t16/17s? does it have enough tank?

Bama has busted damage so you can easily sacrifice some to make it tankier. It'll be solid for super juicy mapping.

graynull
Dec 2, 2005

Did I misread all the signs?
No idea what I'm gonna do with my atlas this league. Did the rather busted abyss wandering path for last league, though I kinda wished I had done essences for selling as I didn't get too lucky with my juicing. Will be curious to see the mechanics of the new league and tempted to gun for a few of those if they seem enjoyable for crafting.

Stux
Nov 17, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 14 hours!

whypick1 posted:

None of the guides I've seen take it. The consensus seems to be you save your curses for rares (so you don't get the benefit from the small passives all that often), everything will always be burning so you don't have to deal with energy shield recharge and there are other ways of dealing with life regen if it really is a problem (Frost Bomb, Ryslatha upgraded Pantheon). Seems to be totally not worth it.

bit different for me bcos im doing occultist w hexblast and blasphemy cursing so it would be doing something i just didnt want to kill my prolifs if spreading from corpses is a lot of it. also would be nice if the small nodes would lessen life regen pressure on my gear but i guess i can just take those nodes by themselves anyway and see if they help

A Real Horse
Oct 26, 2013

Thanks everyone for the suggestions. After reading everything in this thread and spending several hours on maxroll, I’m thinking that Ice Trap Trickster is probably going to be my league start, with splitting steel champ as the backup plan if I hate mines.

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

euphronius posted:

My goal this league is to not roll an alt until at least May

my goal is to at least get to maps, last leagues didnt really kept me going lol

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

gently caress me am I gonna have to finally learn how to interact with Jun content...

queeb
Jun 10, 2004

m

yeah ok, ive watched a few bama leveling things, gonna do the crouching_tuna exsang miner start to build up a nice nest egg and then go bama later for crazy juiced mapping, unless i love the exsang miner a ton and then ill just keep dumping into that, with $$$ gear it can get into the 30+ mill damage range

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

A Real Horse posted:

Thanks everyone for the suggestions. After reading everything in this thread and spending several hours on maxroll, I’m thinking that Ice Trap Trickster is probably going to be my league start, with splitting steel champ as the backup plan if I hate mines.

Really important thing to highlight: traps aren't mines. Both are proxies you throw out that deal damage, but they have a fair number of gameplay differences. Traps cost mana, can be thrown from a distance, detonate when a monster walks over them (unless you have a Sunblast) and don't have any effect that scale with the number of traps out. Mines reserve mana, can only be placed at your feet, have to be manually detonated (unless you pick up the Mastery that detonates them as you walk) and have some effect that scales with the number of mines placed.

Odds are if you hate one you'll hate the other but if you're just annoyed by one the other you might find more suitable.

queeb
Jun 10, 2004

m

whypick1 posted:

Really important thing to highlight: traps aren't mines. Both are proxies you throw out that deal damage, but they have a fair number of gameplay differences. Traps cost mana, can be thrown from a distance, detonate when a monster walks over them (unless you have a Sunblast) and don't have any effect that scale with the number of traps out. Mines reserve mana, can only be placed at your feet, have to be manually detonated (unless you pick up the Mastery that detonates them as you walk) and have some effect that scales with the number of mines placed.

Odds are if you hate one you'll hate the other but if you're just annoyed by one the other you might find more suitable.

yeah mines are great if you're playing an autotargeting skill and detonate while walking, all the perks with 0 downsides really, like arc or exsang.

i hate the trap playstyle but love mines

Shitty Treat
Feb 21, 2012

Stoopid?
Never played DD before so I think with the CoC DD build now is the perfect time to try
Plus if I don't like it I can pivot to energy blade of some sort

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Intervention meta

Deki
May 12, 2008

It's Hammer Time!

pork never goes bad posted:

Bama has busted damage so you can easily sacrifice some to make it tankier. It'll be solid for super juicy mapping.

The Doomfletch variant I'm gonna be aiming for looks tanky as poo poo already. Though that's gonna take stuff that probably won't be cheap

Tai
Mar 8, 2006
mmm bank holiday in USA. The servers are going to be fun later

frankenbeans
Feb 16, 2003

Good Times
Was tempted by CoC DD, but from everything I've seen, every fucker is going to be playing it, so I'm going Wave of Conv Elementalist. Which only a lot of people will be playing.

After last league, I'm expecting prices to be high and drops to be low. And with how bad I am at making a decent amount of currency, a prime-meta build will suck for me. I've fallen for this trap many times before.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Oh poo poo I forgot about the new lines. I was still vacillating what to do but I gotta do a witch.

Some sort of archmage ignite poo poo?

A Real Horse
Oct 26, 2013

whypick1 posted:

Ahhh they aren’t interchangeable, good to know. I like the idea of throwing traps everywhere and seeing things explode (or freeze in this case), so I should be good. Thanks

Tai
Mar 8, 2006

A Real Horse posted:

Ahhh they aren’t interchangeable, good to know. I like the idea of throwing traps everywhere and seeing things explode (or freeze in this case), so I should be good. Thanks

Ice trap is super safe. It's very quick to start chilling and freeezing stuff. It's not omgwtf clear mode or a 2 second boss killer but it makes bossing and killing ripey yellows safe. It's an awesome delver too for those long chains and ilvl83 cities. It's very rare to die as an Ice trapper.

Born in the shadows and Pyromaniac are good defensive layers. Get these before you enter maps

Einwand
Nov 3, 2012

You idiot.
In this world it's pet or BE pet.

frajaq posted:

gently caress me am I gonna have to finally learn how to interact with Jun content...

This league it should be pretty easy, execute pretty much anytime it's possible if they're not already level 3, interrogate if they are and if neither is an option generally take the option that adds relationships/doesn't remove relationships and try to just do as many safehouses as possible to fight Catarina since odds are most of the value will be tied up in getting random scarabs/the aisling orb. Maybe worthwhile to try and have a full level 3 intervention safehouse?

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Patch live on Steam

A Real Horse
Oct 26, 2013

Tai posted:

Ice trap is super safe. It's very quick to start chilling and freeezing stuff. It's not omgwtf clear mode or a 2 second boss killer but it makes bossing and killing ripey yellows safe. It's an awesome delver too for those long chains and ilvl83 cities. It's very rare to die as an Ice trapper.

Born in the shadows and Pyromaniac are good defensive layers. Get these before you enter maps

The maxroll guide has it as Trickster, not Sab. It looks like it might be for energy shield purposes? Think it’s worth staying trickster or going sab? Sab seems like it fits traps a lot better, but I’m not qualified to make that decision

Erulisse
Feb 12, 2019

A bad poster trying to get better.

graynull posted:

No idea what I'm gonna do with my atlas this league.

EVERY MORNING OPEN PALM SLAM A MAP INTO THE MAP DEVICE

EVIL Gibson
Mar 23, 2001

Internet of Things is just someone else's computer that people can't help attaching cameras and door locks to!
:vapes:
Switchblade Switcharoo

Wuxi posted:

Chieftain can save Suffix space by scaling Cold/Lightning through stacking Fire Resistance, but has to get Life Regen and Life Regeneration Rate

If you are stacking FR , wouldn't the Regen for each 1% of uncapped RF mastery be the solution for life Regen (realize not rate but that's one down)

Or is that already factored into your analysis? I can see Inquis having the same problems.

quote:

I'd put Inquisitor above Chieftain by a pretty wide margin if you want to get into t16s on random rares. Chieftain has no damage whatsoever and is entirely reliant on explosions.

Enjoying early mapping exclusively, without delving into Pinnacle or Uber content, has its perks. I can imagine by the time I reach mid-tier maps, the latest broken mechanics are usually uncovered, and I've amassed enough currency to exploit them. This differs from someone at level 30 in the campaign who drops everything to chase the league's meta build.

Still, it's frightening for me because I hate making multiple characters in a league because I lose focus if I have to think about multiple characters.

J
Jun 10, 2001

Yeah now with Catarina dropping the aisling orb, most of the stuff on the cheat sheet isn't going to be worth worrying about. The biggest standouts still on the board are Gravicius in transport (this gives better cards than you would expect, although Grav in intervention is still good too), and Tora in research. Leo in transport will be worth testing, because I expect catalysts will be expensive this league. But I still wouldn't go out of your way to try to lock them in like you did previously with Aisling or It That Fled. Just get Catarina spawned ASAP and flip the board and go again.

Tai
Mar 8, 2006

A Real Horse posted:

The maxroll guide has it as Trickster, not Sab. It looks like it might be for energy shield purposes? Think it’s worth staying trickster or going sab? Sab seems like it fits traps a lot better, but I’m not qualified to make that decision

Hmm, I don't know tbh. It's been a few years since I last played a trapper and I've not bothered to check how traps have changed much. Maybe I'm missing something outside of spell suppression but ice trap is super safe anyway. Not really sure why it's Trickster over Sabo which it alone has good defensive layers.

Maybe one the PoE whiz kids can fill us in.

EVIL Gibson
Mar 23, 2001

Internet of Things is just someone else's computer that people can't help attaching cameras and door locks to!
Switchblade Switcharoo

Erulisse posted:

EVERY MORNING OPEN PALM SLAM A MAP INTO THE MAP DEVICE

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM MY MOUSE INTO THE DESK. IT'S PATH OF EXILE TIME, AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I START NAVIGATING THE ATLAS, PLOTTING MY MAP RUNS. I CHART EVERY COURSE AND I CHART THEM HARD. MAKING WHOOSHING SOUNDS WHEN I SLAM DOWN SOME ELITE MONSTERS OR EVEN WHEN I MESS UP A TACTIC. NOT MANY CAN SAY THEY'VE MASTERED MULTIPLE ATLAS TREES. I CAN. I SAY IT OUT LOUD EVERY DAY TO PEOPLE IN MY GAMING CREW AND ALL THEY DO IS PROVE GAMERS CAN STILL BE IMMATURE JERKS. AND I'VE LEARNED ALL THE STRATEGIES AND I'VE LEARNED HOW TO MAKE MYSELF AND MY GAMING SETUP LESS LONELY BY SHARING THEM ALL. 2 HOURS INCLUDING WIND DOWN EVERY MORNING. THEN I GAME.

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

does the standalone launcher track hours?

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

No, but you can e-mail support to find out exactly how much of a degenerate you are.

xZAOx
Sep 6, 2004
PORKCHOP SANDWICHES
Patch is downloading on standalone launcher, but it keeps crashing on me.

it resumes where it should, but crash city. It just closes, no error or anything.

Edit: 350mb left, now it just insta-crashes :(

xZAOx fucked around with this message at 17:36 on Mar 29, 2024

EVIL Gibson
Mar 23, 2001

Switchblade Switcharoo

Tai posted:

Hmm, I don't know tbh. It's been a few years since I last played a trapper and I've not bothered to check how traps have changed much. Maybe I'm missing something outside of spell suppression but ice trap is super safe anyway. Not really sure why it's Trickster over Sabo which it alone has good defensive layers.

Maybe one the PoE whiz kids can fill us in.

The combo of the keystones they are using is all about using energy shield as both defense and as a resource (Eldritch Battery). You want that shield charging all the time which Sabo lets you do.

Plus starting with 20 spell suppression is very good.

Setec_Astronomy
Mar 10, 2003

there's nothing wrong with you that an expensive operation can't prolong

I very much enjoyed this extremely high-effort shitpost: https://www.reddit.com/r/pathofexile/comments/1bq0hdi/essence_of_fear_and_loathing_in_wraeclast/

Bugsy
Jul 15, 2004

I'm thumpin'. That's
why they call me
'Thumper'.

Slippery Tilde
Remember to update your item filters, there’s a ton of new scarabs you don’t want to miss.

frankenbeans
Feb 16, 2003

Good Times
servers up, got a mere 6,000th place

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dum Cumpster
Sep 12, 2003

*pozes your neghole*
queue is going already?

i'm not crazy then. isn't this a lot earlier than the last few leagues?