Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: Captain Foo)
How do you feel about Archnemesis mods on rares?
Incredibly fun, I love them!
They're alright
Needs more work
Almost as much fun as shoving a red hot nail under my fingernail
Other (post below)
View Results

J
Jun 10, 2001

Edmond Dantes posted:

I think I just suck at trading. :v:

Filter out all timeless splinters regardless of stack size. Filter out vaal, karui, and eternal empire emblems. Keep maraketh and templar full emblems showing, although many people would say filter those out too. I don't pick up most coffins at this point. Only pick up deception contracts, the others aren't worth the time to sell if they even sell.

In general if something isn't selling in bulk, either you don't have enough bulk, or your price is too high, or you should filter the item out because it isn't valuable enough to be worth the time to click on it. Incubators are a good example. If you're farming legion, you're going to have excess incubators that you can't burn through on your own if you keep farming legion. So you use the good ones yourself, sell the excess good ones, then figure out which ones beyond that are still worth the time to pick up to sell. Then filter out the rest.

Once you go through this process of fine tuning your filter and getting rid of all the crap that isn't worth picking up, you'll build up bulk of the good stuff faster and make more money overall. There's some subjectivity to it of course - usually people set some sort of "minimum value per click" they find acceptable and filter out everything below that value. There are going to be things that are difficult to estimate the value of, and other things that might not be valuable but you find them fun, and that's the most important thing. An example is that "the risk" card. I'm never filtering that out, nor am I ever selling it. I'm turning it in for a poo poo ventor's, setting that poo poo ventor's aside until I have 2 more, then 3 to 1 vendor them for another poo poo ventor's. Repeat until I hit a sellable one :v: So what is that worth? I don't know, but it's fun.

Neversink's filter is a great guideline to get started with but there are always going to be adjustments that you need to make based on personal preference and the inaccuracy of poe.ninja prices on certain items.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Setec_Astronomy
Mar 10, 2003

there's nothing wrong with you that an expensive operation can't prolong

Edmond Dantes posted:

Out of those I've never been able to move coffins, timeless splinters/emblems, or contracts. I have a bunch of bulk pricing tabs where I throw in stuff according to WE/AwakenedTrade pricing and they just never sell.

Selling emblems (and contracts, and coffins) is all about selling in bulk. People will pay a premium to only have to do a single trade.

I see people on TFT selling 5-way sets for 3-4 sets/div, so they're not incredibly valuable but that's 5c per emblem or so and you can sell like 20 at a time which saves a ton of time trading. You really don't want to be selling individual emblems which makes selling via non-bulk services (i.e. via the trade website) a bad deal. Similar story for contracts. For coffins the trade website works fine.

bawfuls
Oct 28, 2009

Edmond Dantes posted:

I have a bunch of bulk pricing tabs where I throw in stuff according to WE/AwakenedTrade pricing and they just never sell.

I think I just suck at trading. :v:
The point of bulk pricing misc rares etc is to NOT bother spending time price checking everything. You set a tab at the highest bulk price that makes sense for whatever you’re farming, and you dump stuff into it until it’s full. If anything in that tab gets you spammed with trade requests, you pull it and price individually cause it’s likely worth a lot more. Once it’s full, you lower the price of the entire tab and start filling a new tab at the top price. You do this for the whole cascade of single price tabs, each time you lower the prices on all tabs you empty out whatever is left in the cheapest tab and vendor it.

You’re running a continuous Dutch auction and any item that survives the several price cuts from high all the way down to “barely worth leaving a map to sell” is not worth your time so it gets vendored.

Once you’re making enough currency from other things, you just stop picking up rares all together unless it’s a specific base/fracture combo you’re looking for.

MerrMan
Aug 3, 2003

Edmond Dantes posted:

I'm just unlucky/not slamming enough maps.

It's this right here. This is essentially always the answer to 'why am I not making as much currency as someone else doing the same/similar strategy'. People that share currency strats often give their stats in terms of div/hour but if you're running 20 maps in the time it takes them to run 40 your outcome is going to be... well, half.

Nur_Neerg
Sep 1, 2004

The Lumbering but Unstoppable Sasquatch of the Appalachians
Well tried (unsuccessfully) to craft up a shaper blizz crown with fractured Supported by AOE and Supported by Hypothermia, but it made these guys instead. Thinking I might try to craft them out for something usable to sell:

Cold Fire Hat

Miner's hat

Maybe 30% elemental damage essence on the first one as a starting point, definitely want to craft phys taken as for one of the prefixes, not sure where else to take it yet. Unless someone's got some suggestions will have to do some research on miner hats too :D

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored
So uh, I doubt anyone here cares but something is really wrong with Heist (aside from the obvious). I went back to do some challenges earlier this afternoon after the patch because I was bored with vanilla mapping to level and when you hit the "escape" portion of the heist, very few mobs spawn. In one case I got some token resistance but no more than what I usually see going in. In another I didn't see a single defender until I hit the room before the exit. No big stacks of defenders or rare patrol spawns. No nothing. I'm about 10 contracts in and they all seem to be like this and I'm not sure what's going on. I can say for sure that that thing that usually happens when you are using heist-NPC skills to break down doors on your escape and enemies stack up deep behind the doors while that is going on no longer happens.

E: These are all level 83 rare contracts

Frank Frank fucked around with this message at 23:31 on Apr 26, 2024

Setec_Astronomy
Mar 10, 2003

Frank Frank posted:

So uh, I doubt anyone here cares but something is really wrong with Heist (aside from the obvious). I went back to do some challenges earlier this afternoon after the patch because I was bored with vanilla mapping to level and when you hit the "escape" portion of the heist, very few mobs spawn. In one case I got some token resistance but no more than what I usually see going in. In another I didn't see a single defender until I hit the room before the exit. No big stacks of defenders or rare patrol spawns. No nothing. I'm about 10 contracts in and they all seem to be like this and I'm not sure what's going on. I can say for sure that that thing that usually happens when you are using heist-NPC skills to break down doors on your escape and enemies stack up deep behind the doors while that is going on no longer happens.

E: These are all level 83 rare contracts

That's super weird. I did Heist for the challenge this league and it seemed normal (except that it now produces absolutely nothing of value outside of the 1-in-1000 Simplex Amulet).

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored

Setec_Astronomy posted:

That's super weird. I did Heist for the challenge this league and it seemed normal (except that it now produces absolutely nothing of value outside of the 1-in-1000 Simplex Amulet).

It's super weird. I'm just wandering in and out of heists with no rush and nothing is attacking me.

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored
Fun money-making (and kinda dickish) tip for people who are just starting out: If you are running legion, list every single timeless jewel you come across at 5div and never ever budge on the price because if someone makes you an offer on one, it's more than likely that it is VERY good for their build and they will eventually give you whatever you ask for. I have yet to have anyone walk away.

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011
For gravecrafting fractures, if you setup a section of the graveyard that looks like this it'll give you 300% fracture chance with 6 fracture corpses.

Frank Frank posted:

Fun money-making (and kinda dickish) tip for people who are just starting out: If you are running legion, list every single timeless jewel you come across at 5div and never ever budge on the price because if someone makes you an offer on one, it's more than likely that it is VERY good for their build and they will eventually give you whatever you ask for. I have yet to have anyone walk away.

My friend would look up on trade if anyone had the same # timeless jewel listed and unsold, if it was a brand new # on trade he would use the timeless jewel calc site to look for good nodes in the popular slots and list it at a absurd almost triple divine price, which it sold for a couple days later, also helps to know which names are meta for their keystones or statstick uses.

Ra Ra Rasputin fucked around with this message at 00:51 on Apr 27, 2024

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored

Ra Ra Rasputin posted:

For gravecrafting fractures, if you setup a section of the graveyard that looks like this it'll give you 300% fracture chance with 6 fracture corpses.

My friend would look up on trade if anyone had the same # timeless jewel listed and unsold, if it was a brand new # on trade he would use the timeless jewel calc site to look for good nodes in the popular slots and list it at a absurd almost triple divine price, which it sold for a couple days later.

Yup. 75% are worthless. 23% are worth something to someone and 2% are priceless to someone's build and you'll never know the difference. 5d-per seems more than fair esp. in this league. I suppose if you wanted to go really tryhard about it, you could look up popular meta builds and see what timeless jewels they call out and jack those up to like 50div but the odds of ever finding a particular seed have to be insane.

Graveyard setup is helpful, thank you.

Frank Frank fucked around with this message at 01:33 on Apr 27, 2024

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.

Frank Frank posted:

Yup. 75% are worthless. 23% are worth something to someone and 2% are priceless to someone's build and you'll never know the difference. 5d-per seems more than fair esp. in this league. I suppose if you wanted to go really tryhard about it, you could look up popular meta builds and see what timeless jewels they call out and jack those up to like 50div but the odds of ever finding a particular seed have to be insane.

Graveyard setup is helpful, thank you.

It's not too bad to do a quick and dirty search, even if you're not familiar with the builds. Go to poe.ninja->builds and choose Lethal Pride for uniques. You can see from the main skill filter on the list that 19% of Lightning Arrow users are using Lethal Pride, so might as well start there. Click on Lightning Arrow to add it to the filter, then enable the Passive Heatmap and you can see that the jewel socket above Fervour is in red, meaning it's allocated on the vast majority of builds. Never played a Deadeye in my life but I can be pretty confident they want double damage chance. At that point I can just pull up a generic Lightning Arrow build, copy-paste any Lethal Prides that drop into that socket, and if they give desirable stats to any of the allocated nodes I can list it for 50 div instead of 5.

Erulisse
Feb 12, 2019

A bad poster trying to get better.

Edmond Dantes posted:

sum map running data

Now do a hundred of those, pile all in a quad tab, post results

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored

Ra Ra Rasputin posted:

Question(s) about this picture:
* What are the purple boxes with arrows pointing in two directions? Are those the "boost row at 25%" corpses?
* The boxes that read "65%" - I'm assuming that could be anything at all and not tied to a specific corpse and the 65% is just the bonus that particular box receives (from the adjacent corpse boost +25% from the row bonus I guess? Probably a good spot to stick those extra item chance corpses.

Just want to make sure I understand before I start spending a shitload of money.

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011
This is the sim I used.
https://poe-necropolis-graveyard.vercel.app/

RandomBlue
Dec 30, 2012

hay guys!

Biscuit Hider
Having a lot of fun with this stupid squishy rear end flicker strike build, I didn't realize when I started to level this new char just for this build that they didn't have ANY chaos resist or mitigation of any kind because why would you publish that build? Welp.

All but two slots are uniques but it does use a lot of gems so I'm currently up to 6% chaos resist. It maps pretty well though, started doing fully juiced 8 mod T16 maps with back to basics at level 74.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KbSlplnh9fA&t=215s

Fun as hell for me, reminds me of my lightning warp assassin build from lake league but less seizure inducing, I can't feel this one rewiring my brain like I could the lightning warp build.

mynnna
Jan 10, 2004

Ra Ra Rasputin posted:

Or you put chance for additional items there, though you need (iirc) 7 corpses to hit 300%.

bawfuls
Oct 28, 2009

Frank Frank posted:

Question(s) about this picture:
* What are the purple boxes with arrows pointing in two directions? Are those the "boost row at 25%" corpses?
* The boxes that read "65%" - I'm assuming that could be anything at all and not tied to a specific corpse and the 65% is just the bonus that particular box receives (from the adjacent corpse boost +25% from the row bonus I guess? Probably a good spot to stick those extra item chance corpses.

Just want to make sure I understand before I start spending a shitload of money.
all the Adjacent bonuses are corpse type specific (beast, undead, etc). All the row/column bonuses are agnostic. So that 65% spot is getting a bonus from both, if you want to get the full 65% you have to match the adjacent booster corpse type.

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored
Ok that’s what I figured. Hit 99 and taking a break for a bit. My hands hurt

Setec_Astronomy
Mar 10, 2003

Is there any reason to aim for more than 100% reduced effect of curses on you? Any monsters/bosses/mods that apply increased curse effect to the player that need to be negated?

RandomBlue
Dec 30, 2012

hay guys!

Biscuit Hider
What are people buying the meat sack (+enemy hp) embers for? They're going for almost half a div, what are they used for?

Eezee
Apr 3, 2011

My double chin turned out to be a huge cyst

Setec_Astronomy posted:

Is there any reason to aim for more than 100% reduced effect of curses on you? Any monsters/bosses/mods that apply increased curse effect to the player that need to be negated?

Edge case is Coward's Legacy, since it has 50% increased curses on you. There is no map mod with inc cursed effect and while I was pretty sure that there were monsters that had inc cursed effect I cannot find the modifier on poedb, so the belt is the one exception I know of.

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming
Tana in, Tana in my mind.

MerrMan posted:

If you want Wealthy Exile to give you a better idea of what your stash is actually worth set either/both the Price threshold to 10c and the Total threshold to ~100c. This will let you know individual items that are worth 10 chaos (that's about the cutoff for what you can hope to get an individual one item sale for) and what you can bundle up to sell for a divine.

Is there a Total threshold field? I only see individual item and per-stack.

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored

Eezee posted:

Edge case is Coward's Legacy, since it has 50% increased curses on you. There is no map mod with inc cursed effect and while I was pretty sure that there were monsters that had inc cursed effect I cannot find the modifier on poedb, so the belt is the one exception I know of.

There are plenty of map mods that say something like, “player is cursed with enfeeble/elemental weakness/vulnerability”

Those don’t count?

Setec_Astronomy
Mar 10, 2003

Eezee posted:

Thanks! I'm looking for any last little improvements for this character. Here's where I am at this point: https://pobb.in/9no5hRJfCl52

Remaining things I can think of (besides the upgrades listed in the PoB):
- Mageblood w/ Cast Speed corruption; can afford this but I'm not sure I want to give up the life or the "standard" mageblood since I might reuse it for a third character
- Loreweave w/ some corrupted implicit; there's one I want but the seller has been AFK for a while
- Perfectly divine a few remaining items (Cerulean Ring, Crit Chance flask suffix)
- Redo prefixes on the gloves to get natural high-tier Mana + Life and then craft either Damage while Leeching or Damage during Flask Effect
- Wand unveils aren't perfect but I don't really want to spend the money/time for an upgrade there

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored
It’s absolutely wild to me that you can say things like “yeah I am going to grab a corrupted MB with a specific corruption” on PC.

Eezee
Apr 3, 2011

My double chin turned out to be a huge cyst

Frank Frank posted:

There are plenty of map mods that say something like, “player is cursed with enfeeble/elemental weakness/vulnerability”

Those don’t count?

Those are just at 100% effectiveness though, so you don't need more than 100% less curse effectiveness to mitigate then.

If your only upgrades are that specific I would spend that money on a new build instead.

Setec_Astronomy
Mar 10, 2003

Eezee posted:

If your only upgrades are that specific I would spend that money on a new build instead.

Yeah I'm feeling the same way. Not sure what I want to do for a next build, though. I've got ~300 div and a Mageblood to work with -- more than that if I sell the remaining stuff in my sale tab; way more if I sell off the current build but I don't really want to do that.

I've never really done an MF build before so I'm considering that. Is there an MF build in that price range that can really zoom through juiced T17's? I'm willing to craft all the gear myself if that makes it affordable.

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored
Welp! I just now figured out why Uber Atziri keeps killing me instantly and I'm not quite sure how I'm going to get around physical damage reflection with this build.

E: Yes, I know there are things you can do to mitigate it somewhat but my DPS is too high to stay alive with just that Sybil ring or w/e. Wonder how I did this with the BV assassin? Oh wait, it had that gem that made all damage chaos damage so phys reflect didn't matter.

Frank Frank fucked around with this message at 00:17 on Apr 28, 2024

Setec_Astronomy
Mar 10, 2003

Frank Frank posted:

Welp! I just now figured out why Uber Atziri keeps killing me instantly and I'm not quite sure how I'm going to get around physical damage reflection with this build.

Are you running a Mageblood with your build? If so, you can make a flask with the "Reduced Reflected Damage Taken During Effect" suffix, an Increased Effect prefix, and enough Increased Effect from Enkindling Orbs to reach 100% immunity.

Then Uber Atziri will instead kill you instantly with the drat red circle attack.

E: To be able to benchcraft that suffix you need the unveil from Catarina -- buy veiled Cinderswallow Urns until you learn it

jjac
Jun 12, 2007

What time is it?!

Frank Frank posted:

E: Yes, I know there are things you can do to mitigate it somewhat but my DPS is too high to stay alive with just that Sybil ring or w/e.

stack it with the yugul blessing

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored

Setec_Astronomy posted:

Are you running a Mageblood with your build? If so, you can make a flask with the "Reduced Reflected Damage Taken During Effect" suffix, an Increased Effect prefix, and enough Increased Effect from Enkindling Orbs to reach 100% immunity.

Then Uber Atziri will instead kill you instantly with the drat red circle attack.

E: To be able to benchcraft that suffix you need the unveil from Catarina -- buy veiled Cinderswallow Urns until you learn it

No. I need perseverance unfortunately. It's *possible* for me to run a MB but would require basically making an entirely new build. Basically, it'd be very hard to make it work.

Setec_Astronomy
Mar 10, 2003

Frank Frank posted:

No. I need perseverance unfortunately. It's *possible* for me to run a MB but would require basically making an entirely new build. Basically, it'd be very hard to make it work.

In that case, go with Yugul pantheon as mentioned above, plus either Sibyl's Lament or a mastery on the tree.

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored
Pantheon adjustment did the trick. Thanks.

E: also Atziri dropped both her staff and the jewel piece for the Adorned and then Oshabi followed that up immediately afterwards by dropping a Shako and a crystallized lifeforce so - detour was worth it.

Frank Frank fucked around with this message at 01:00 on Apr 28, 2024

Setec_Astronomy
Mar 10, 2003

Alright, I did buy that Loreweave. It was just too pretty not to:

fknlo
Jul 6, 2009

Fun Shoe
The waves of balls on the searing exarch fight suck rear end. Glad he didn't cast it the last 15% or so on my last portal. Got that one and the eater of worlds down now.

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored

fknlo posted:

The waves of balls on the searing exarch fight suck rear end. Glad he didn't cast it the last 15% or so on my last portal. Got that one and the eater of worlds down now.

Said this earlier in the thread but you have a solid minute or so of invulnerability after you enter a portal so long as you do not move at all. You can either A) lie dead on the floor and wait for the balls to end before resurrecting or B) enter the portal and just don't move until the ball phase ends.

Feared down. Sucked with gimped resists thanks to Sybil's but w/e. Finished with 1 portal left and got yet another red dream I don't need to boot. I'm the glassiest of glass cannons but god help bosses if I can get ahold of them. I went back and did Sirus again just for laughs and he died before he could even do his EVERLASTING FIRE bullshit.

fknlo
Jul 6, 2009

Fun Shoe

Frank Frank posted:

Said this earlier in the thread but you have a solid minute or so of invulnerability after you enter a portal so long as you do not move at all. You can either A) lie dead on the floor and wait for the balls to end before resurrecting or B) enter the portal and just don't move until the ball phase ends.

Yeah, I waited out the ball phase every time it happened and got me. The first go round I faced him he cast it within 10 seconds of coming back in every time. It did not go well.

e: with the maps turning higher tier, do you have to get them to drop again for them to be the new higher tiers? After you put the void stones in

fknlo fucked around with this message at 02:31 on Apr 28, 2024

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored
Anyone know if you can re enter an in-process sanctum run if you quit in the middle of it? I had to quit out because the kids want to watch something with us and I had a p decent run going.

E: turns out you can

fknlo posted:

Yeah, I waited out the ball phase every time it happened and got me. The first go round I faced him he cast it within 10 seconds of coming back in every time. It did not go well.

e: with the maps turning higher tier, do you have to get them to drop again for them to be the new higher tiers? After you put the void stones in

Yes. Pre-existing map tiers don't change after installation of your voidstone however, subsequent drops will reflect the new level automatically.

Frank Frank fucked around with this message at 06:16 on Apr 28, 2024

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mynnna
Jan 10, 2004

Setec_Astronomy posted:

Alright, I did buy that Loreweave. It was just too pretty not to:

You've put way more into your nova archmage than I can be bothered to (I topped off at ~150d from my random house of mirrors drop and later another ~20d to make using RF work)