Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: Captain Foo)
How do you feel about Archnemesis mods on rares?
Incredibly fun, I love them!
They're alright
Needs more work
Almost as much fun as shoving a red hot nail under my fingernail
Other (post below)
View Results

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored
Lmao I ran through sanctum easily just slaughtering everything including Lycia and was like, “wow this is so easy why haven’t I been doing this” and then it dawned on me I never did the intro quest so everything was like level 40 or whatever. This is why I was having such a “good run” earlier

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Flavahbeast
Jul 21, 2001

now I'm wondering what the Original Sin market is like on console

edit: way fewer available but prices are about the same

xbox has 2

Flavahbeast fucked around with this message at 07:06 on Apr 28, 2024

WTFBEES
Apr 21, 2005

butt

For anyone playing or knows a thing about CoC DD - the Ruetoo build runs multiple identical cluster jewels, all giving Disorienting Display, Prismatic Heart and Sadist. Does this work? Can you allocate the same skill multiple times? I always assumed you could only get a passive once.

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Just another jackass on the Internet
There's no problem with allocating the same cluster notable multiple times, but some effects didn't stack (i.e. Cremator's "Ignited enemies killed by your hits are destroyed")

whypick1 fucked around with this message at 16:27 on Apr 28, 2024

Edmond Dantes
Sep 12, 2007

Reactor: Online
Sensors: Online
Weapons: Online

ALL SYSTEMS NOMINAL
Hey, thanks everyone who chimed in yesterday with tips about bulk selling/making money. I didn't become rich overnight, but I did squeeze out a few more divs out of bulk selling some stuff in TFT and some T17s I got with the BtB tree.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

What pob settings estimate dd of cr correctly?

Keru
Aug 2, 2004

'n suddenly there was a terrible roar all around us 'n the sky was full of what looked like 'uge bats, all swooping 'n screeching 'n divin' around the ute.

euphronius posted:

What pob settings estimate dd of cr correctly?

I have it set to 5 instances of the detonate dead skill, but that's just a ballpark because there are so many small variables that affect it, how often you crit, how often it _can_ trigger, etc.

You'll know you're doing okay when you start clowning on pinnacle/guardian bosses.

wemgo
Feb 15, 2007
The ruetoo league start pob has enemy corpse hp set to 70,000 and 6 instances of ddocr. Youll need to set lancing steel to “all shards hit” or something similar as well.

wemgo fucked around with this message at 21:02 on Apr 28, 2024

Vulpes
Nov 13, 2002

Well, shit.

wemgo posted:

The ruetoo league start pob has enemy corpse hp set to 70,000 and 6 instances of ddocr. Youll need to set lancing steel to “all shards hit” or something similar as well.

Yeah, it took me longer than it should have to work out how to set it correctly:

1. Select Lancing Steel on the left and then the 'All Projectiles Hit' option
2. Set CoC to count=6 and 'include in full DPS'

I'm not sure whether the 70,000 hp figure is accurate for T17 corpses, they might be a bit higher but it's close enough to approximate.

Nur_Neerg
Sep 1, 2004

The Lumbering but Unstoppable Sasquatch of the Appalachians
Whoever suggested fishing for rare corpses w/ the random corpses, I appreciate you; set up some garbage placeholders in two spots on my GY for a blizz crown craft, and got add craft in a good spot on both sides as a starting point, free 6 div!

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

wemgo posted:

Thank you

Setec_Astronomy
Mar 10, 2003

there's nothing wrong with you that an expensive operation can't prolong

Nur_Neerg posted:

Whoever suggested fishing for rare corpses w/ the random corpses, I appreciate you; set up some garbage placeholders in two spots on my GY for a blizz crown craft, and got add craft in a good spot on both sides as a starting point, free 6 div!

I think that was me, and you're welcome! It's kind of wild how often they come up. My friend has been bulk buying them (like 100 corpses for 100c) as a cheap way of getting additional crafts.

neurotech
Apr 22, 2004

Deep in my dreams and I still hear her callin'
If you're alone, I'll come home.

I saw this today and am levelling an Elementalist to give it a try:
https://www.reddit.com/r/pathofexile/comments/1ccas9a/now_that_ggg_updated_the_description_on_legion/

This is their PoB: https://pobb.in/w6ztCMGncM8W. It looks (to me at least) fairly basic and could probably be improved. Does anyone have any suggestions on how to improve it? It would be nice to make it more survivable and be able to do T16s as normal, etc.

Wuxi
Apr 3, 2012

neurotech posted:

I saw this today and am levelling an Elementalist to give it a try:
https://www.reddit.com/r/pathofexile/comments/1ccas9a/now_that_ggg_updated_the_description_on_legion/

This is their PoB: https://pobb.in/w6ztCMGncM8W. It looks (to me at least) fairly basic and could probably be improved. Does anyone have any suggestions on how to improve it? It would be nice to make it more survivable and be able to do T16s as normal, etc.

This is certainly one of the PoBs of all time It's impressively bad
1. Their weapon has 110% Spell Damage, which does nothing for ignite and t1 Spell Critical Strike Chance, which only helps with the EO uptime
2. Wrath also does nothing for Ignite
3. 2 Mana clusters + Clarity even though picking up Eldritch Battery would only take 2 points
4. The most random block cluster in PoE history, combined with a whooping 82% increased life
5. Cruelty and Deadly Ailments don't work well with each other

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

This looks like the build of someone who doesn't understand how ailments work in this game.

Edmond Dantes
Sep 12, 2007

Reactor: Online
Sensors: Online
Weapons: Online

ALL SYSTEMS NOMINAL
Aw man, I wanted to believe for a second. I love how Arc feels; is there any good build (or build maker) around? Or is Arc/Elementalist just not in a good place rn with how the game is?

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored
20% of the way through level 100. It’s still a loving slog and I wish xp carries still existed in console land

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

If you are having fun you are playing correctly

Setec_Astronomy
Mar 10, 2003

So apparently the sawblades Bloodstained Sawblades T17 modifier apply a "Boiling Blood" debuff which is not defended against by either Corrupted Blood or Bleed Immunity.

Also unlike most of the random degen / annoyance T17 effects, the sawblades apparently continue to attack you during the boss fight. That Lycia fight did not go well.

neurotech
Apr 22, 2004

Wuxi posted:

This is certainly one of the PoBs of all time It's impressively bad
1. Their weapon has 110% Spell Damage, which does nothing for ignite and t1 Spell Critical Strike Chance, which only helps with the EO uptime
2. Wrath also does nothing for Ignite
3. 2 Mana clusters + Clarity even though picking up Eldritch Battery would only take 2 points
4. The most random block cluster in PoE history, combined with a whooping 82% increased life
5. Cruelty and Deadly Ailments don't work well with each other

How would you build something like this? I'm a bit out of my depth here.

Einwand
Nov 3, 2012

You idiot.
In this world it's pet or BE pet.

That "boiling blood" debuff is just a short duration phys degen goop left behind where the saws flew by, it's not too bad if you know what you're looking for though it can be hard to see.

Setec_Astronomy
Mar 10, 2003

Einwand posted:

That "boiling blood" debuff is just a short duration phys degen goop left behind where the saws flew by, it's not too bad if you know what you're looking for though it can be hard to see.

I see, so it's on the floor? The word "blood" had me standing still, which it sounds like was the exact wrong thing to do.

E: I'm playing Ice Nova of Frostbolts -- there's no "looking for" anything on the floor.

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored

euphronius posted:

If you are having fun you are playing correctly

Kinda. I really hate 99-100 but it’s tradition at this point. I haven’t used a xp carry this time around though so it’s pretty brutal. I’m doing challenges while I’m mapping though so it’s not a complete waste of time.

No idea how yall are hitting billions of xp per hour though. Best I can muster is around 80m per hour even with the breach scarab/domination scarab setup.

E: I could probably go higher but I always go back through maps to pick up all the stuff I dropped while tearing through them as fast as I can. Looting isn’t super precise on console and my “action/loot”button is also tied to ancestral protector so it can waste valuable time trying to loot while rushing between breaches/abyss pits.

Question though - I’m currently using the breach atlas nodes to open/close breaches slower because it lets me kill more but I’m now wondering if the open/close faster nodes might be better for blitz style map running. That a thing?

Frank Frank fucked around with this message at 05:07 on Apr 29, 2024

Vulpes
Nov 13, 2002

Well, shit.

Frank Frank posted:

Kinda. I really hate 99-100 but it’s tradition at this point. I haven’t used a xp carry this time around though so it’s pretty brutal. I’m doing challenges while I’m mapping though so it’s not a complete waste of time.

No idea how yall are hitting billions of xp per hour though. Best I can muster is around 80m per hour even with the breach scarab/domination scarab setup.

E: I could probably go higher but I always go back through maps to pick up all the stuff I dropped while tearing through them as fast as I can. Looting isn’t super precise on console and my “action/loot”button is also tied to ancestral protector so it can waste valuable time trying to loot while rushing between breaches/abyss pits.

Question though - I’m currently using the breach atlas nodes to open/close breaches slower because it lets me kill more but I’m now wondering if the open/close faster nodes might be better for blitz style map running. That a thing?

Open faster is better, and don't hang around clearing every mob in the breach - bail as soon as the density thins out.

I just finished levelling 99-100 this way and averaged about 250m/hr, but I was only stopping to pick up tinks.

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored

Vulpes posted:

Open faster is better, and don't hang around clearing every mob in the breach - bail as soon as the density thins out.

I just finished levelling 99-100 this way and averaged about 250m/hr, but I was only stopping to pick up tinks.

Burn through more maps but more xp. This is exactly what I was wondering. Thanks

Herstory Begins Now
Aug 5, 2003
SOME REALLY TEDIOUS DUMB SHIT THAT SUCKS ASS TO READ ->>

RandomBlue posted:

Yes, I'm sure. I was unencumbered, had the HP jewel in a cluster socket, 6L smite and it was just slow and lovely for me. Last time I attempted it I was around 32 or so and if it's not good by then, then I'm not sure what the point is.

did you put a point in hollow palm itself

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

RandomBlue posted:

Oh god drat it, I thought it gave you the ability, the passive node it added was under the open inventory window and I didn't see it. Son of a bitch.

Will have to give it another shot.

MerrMan
Aug 3, 2003

Frank Frank posted:

Burn through more maps but more xp. This is exactly what I was wondering. Thanks

Abyss + Domination atlas with 2x basic Breach scarab, 1x Domination Scarab of Teaching and 1x basic Domination Scarab (kirac domination). It's like 5 breaches and 12 shrines per map. Grab shrines for the +30% xp buff (it's per shrine effect so stack that poo poo up!) then up the breaches and slay. You can kind of choose your own adventure on xp vs. loot - I was pulling about 175 million xp/hour picking up a fair amount of stuff (big stacks of splinters, scarabs worth more than a chaos) but you could absolutely forgo picking up anything and do another 100M/hr pretty easily by just blasting.

Slower breaches doesn't translate in to more monsters if you're clearing efficiently - play around with faster breaches until you can't clear them fast enough then pull back a point.

pork never goes bad
May 16, 2008

whypick1 posted:

This looks like the build of someone who doesn't understand how ailments work in this game.

It looks like the build of someone who found something busted easy to exploit on a crap build that has the right mechanics. They made a functional MVP to get exploiting. What's wild isn't how bad the build is (it's bad, y'all, they are not wrong) it's that such a bad build has such good results. They do say their build is hella scuffed, to not follow it as a guide, and to follow any other vaal arc guide for better results.

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored

MerrMan posted:

Abyss + Domination atlas with 2x basic Breach scarab, 1x Domination Scarab of Teaching and 1x basic Domination Scarab (kirac domination). It's like 5 breaches and 12 shrines per map. Grab shrines for the +30% xp buff (it's per shrine effect so stack that poo poo up!) then up the breaches and slay. You can kind of choose your own adventure on xp vs. loot - I was pulling about 175 million xp/hour picking up a fair amount of stuff (big stacks of splinters, scarabs worth more than a chaos) but you could absolutely forgo picking up anything and do another 100M/hr pretty easily by just blasting.

Slower breaches doesn't translate in to more monsters if you're clearing efficiently - play around with faster breaches until you can't clear them fast enough then pull back a point.

This is more or less what I’m running minus the abyss scarab (was doing 2 breach, 1 domination teachings and 1 regular domination). Anything to speed this bullshit up would be nice tbh - although I spent an amount I don’t want to talk about on amelioration omens today because I kept slamming “minions gain” over and over (jungle valley / EoW) which results in hyper powered versions of those dudes with 4 arms that spam magic projectiles that can potentially 1 shot me if suppression doesn’t save me. I am up to 57% suppression so with a helm (?) I should be in decent shape without the a good eldritch enchant.

neurotech
Apr 22, 2004

pork never goes bad posted:

It looks like the build of someone who found something busted easy to exploit on a crap build that has the right mechanics. They made a functional MVP to get exploiting. What's wild isn't how bad the build is (it's bad, y'all, they are not wrong) it's that such a bad build has such good results. They do say their build is hella scuffed, to not follow it as a guide, and to follow any other vaal arc guide for better results.

Do you know of any good guides for Vaal Arc? I can't find much, most of the guides on YouTube are 4+ months old.

MerrMan
Aug 3, 2003

Frank Frank posted:

I am up to 57% suppression so with a helm (?) I should be in decent shape without the a good eldritch enchant.

If you want to rely on suppression you're better off thinking of it as a binary thing. Either you have suppress (100% chance or I guess like, 98 or 99 with the lucky mastery - softcore only) or you don't have suppress (everything else). Most people will not recommend switching to a suppress version until you can cap it - usually with a tree respec because there's a ton of powerful suppress nodes on the right side of the tree. Before you can can it you're usually better off with other forms of mitigation.

jizzy sillage
Aug 13, 2006

neurotech posted:

Do you know of any good guides for Vaal Arc? I can't find much, most of the guides on YouTube are 4+ months old.

Arc ignite hasn't changed so those guides are probably still valid.

Mikojan
May 12, 2010

MerrMan posted:

If you want to rely on suppression you're better off thinking of it as a binary thing. Either you have suppress (100% chance or I guess like, 98 or 99 with the lucky mastery - softcore only) or you don't have suppress (everything else). Most people will not recommend switching to a suppress version until you can cap it - usually with a tree respec because there's a ton of powerful suppress nodes on the right side of the tree. Before you can can it you're usually better off with other forms of mitigation.

I'm playing HC jugg bonezone atm and I have the option of going suppress on top of my eternal damnation amulet.

It's a very big investment for me personally and I can realistically only get to around 90% lucky suppress. Would this still be worth it?

https://poe.ninja/builds/necropolis...ma%26sort%3Ddps

Thats my dude, looking to get suppress on gloves / helmet and go for a cluster + mastery

Mikojan fucked around with this message at 08:28 on Apr 29, 2024

Wuxi
Apr 3, 2012

Mikojan posted:

I'm playing HC jugg bonezone atm and I have the option of going suppress on top of my eternal damnation amulet.

It's a very big investment for me personally and I can realistically only get to around 90% lucky suppress. Would this still be worth it?

https://poe.ninja/builds/necropolis...ma%26sort%3Ddps

Thats my dude, looking to get suppress on gloves / helmet and go for a cluster + mastery

Suppression + ED is complete overkill unless you want to kill Ubers in which case its 100% or nothing.

There's some other stuff thats highly suspect on your build though:
1. No Frostblink (or even Flame Dash)
2. No Untiring or instant leech - How do you not kill yourself with Boneshatter?

Mikojan
May 12, 2010

Wuxi posted:

Suppression + ED is complete overkill unless you want to kill Ubers in which case its 100% or nothing.

There's some other stuff thats highly suspect on your build though:
1. No Frostblink (or even Flame Dash)
2. No Untiring or instant leech - How do you not kill yourself with Boneshatter?

Do I need an actual teleport spell to avoid stuff like exarch balls? Only done shaper and elder so far and seemed to get by just fine with leap slam.

I think boneshatter of complext trauma is a lot more forgiving when it comes to self damage. I don't seem to really drop below 95% hp when going ham.

No Safe Word
Feb 26, 2005

Mikojan posted:

Do I need an actual teleport spell to avoid stuff like exarch balls? Only done shaper and elder so far and seemed to get by just fine with leap slam.
Just walk in the gaps easy peasy

(yes you need a teleport spell, you can't jump over them)

Sylink
Apr 17, 2004

I made a blade trap trickster in the hopes of doing some t17s. I can handle the map itself but bossing it feels like I don't do nearly enough damage. In Sanctuary I could not kill Beidat and just takes forever, even though I did get Lycia down to half HP.

I could invest more here, I am tanky enough to stand still in juiced t16s, I could get 100% spell suppression and other upgrades, but not sure if this is worth the investment https://pobb.in/Hw6xQqHKm0rA

Mostly because I feel I've entered the tanky trap again vs just making a build that does 100m DPS and everything is dead.

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

I really only have CaptainLance's videos for reference, but isn't "spell suppression is basically a binary stat" even more relevant for BT Trickster because your tank comes from replenishing your ES whenever you get hit / running T17s because they're T17s?

whypick1 fucked around with this message at 14:29 on Apr 29, 2024

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sylink
Apr 17, 2004

Yes, it works well enough as it is, its the bossing that I'm having trouble with, because the traps don't do a terrible amount of damage to Uber-level bosses. So trying to dodge all the lightning and kill beidat who jumps around etc is difficult compared to being able to quickly nuke them down and move a bit.