Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: Captain Foo)
How do you feel about Archnemesis mods on rares?
Incredibly fun, I love them!
They're alright
Needs more work
Almost as much fun as shoving a red hot nail under my fingernail
Other (post below)
View Results

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored
Just for laughs I turned on that atlas node that gives the map boss an essence mod for every imprisoned monster you kill, then used 4 essence scarabs just to see what the end result would be and it turns out it's an invulnerable map boss that instakills you no matter what you do.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Setec_Astronomy
Mar 10, 2003

there's nothing wrong with you that an expensive operation can't prolong

Frank Frank posted:

Just for laughs I turned on that atlas node that gives the map boss an essence mod for every imprisoned monster you kill, then used 4 essence scarabs just to see what the end result would be and it turns out it's an invulnerable map boss that instakills you no matter what you do.

Would you believe that yesterday Ben was farming T16 maps with that node and the Essence Scarab of Calcification (which imprisons every Rare in the map) in Hardcore?

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Just another jackass on the Internet
You could tell me Ben beat Uber Sirus on Ruthless SSF HC using a broken Rock Band 1 drum kit and I'd believe it.

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored

Setec_Astronomy posted:

Would you believe that yesterday Ben was farming T16 maps with that node and the Essence Scarab of Calcification (which imprisons every Rare in the map) in Hardcore?

Yeah I had the calcification one + 3 regular essence scarabs + map. It did not go well. I think the map boss had something like 12 modifiers on it and I couldn't even get near the thing let alone hurt it. I figured Jungle Valley was a good choice since the map boss isn't spawned immediately and I could at least try to position myself but the thing landed and began making GBS threads out fireballs like some sort of bullet hell and even getting close to one would kill me.

I'm going to go back and try again and do something like: get boss into culling range, then kill 6 essence monsters and then just murder the thing for the challenge. I was just curious how bad it could get (the answer is, "very bad").

Frank Frank fucked around with this message at 01:20 on May 1, 2024

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

If you're just going for the challenge, did you not see the note about Volcano?

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored

whypick1 posted:

If you're just going for the challenge, did you not see the note about Volcano?

The fact that the boss doesn't move? Yeah. I'm pretty sure I could do it with just 6 essences on the boss. I just wanted to see how bad it could get since I'm not worried about xp loss anymore.

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored
GGG, we need to talk. This isn’t healthy:

mynnna
Jan 10, 2004

Frank Frank posted:

GGG, we need to talk. This isn’t healthy:

I'd say "wow trade chat tier joke there" but then again we all link Eyes of Zeal every time, so

On a serious note: Triple elemental bows are trivial to craft this league. The same is, as far as I can in any way figure out, extremely not true for a triple ele attack wand. :(

(I want to take that shell the forbidden rite pathfinder build is using but play an ele hit of the spectrum wander with it instead...)

mynnna fucked around with this message at 02:53 on May 1, 2024

DangerDongs
Nov 7, 2010

Grimey Drawer
Never played a Scion or an armour stacker, and I got to do both for once.

Problem is that after I'm able to face tank ubers my desire to keep going pretty much dies. At this point I can keep pushing this build or get mirror items for my archer.

https://pobb.in/Y0e2BRg_u_tm

Traitorous Leopard
Jul 20, 2009

Well I think I've gotten my map blaster as far as I realistically want to this league. It zooms through T16s insanely fast with great clear. I've only tried one T17 so far, the map was fine but the boss took all my portals, I can see why Citadel is the cheapest T17 now lol. I think this build can carry a head of HH buffs into T17 bosses without phases and do just fine, though.

https://pobb.in/wzqc5WpFmU_n

KB of Clustering is alright, but at least with my chosen method of scaling, the ceiling is kinda low compared to meta skills (HH buffs aside). That said, the Int+Mana stacking thing was pretty cool this league. The Haunted helm mod for mana per int has been kinda slept on I think. The clear is absurd, of course, which was what I mainly wanted. Power Siphon of the Archmage seems to be the more popular choice for Hiero Ballista builds, but I really wanted to use the base-phys wand skill instead to try and lean more on HH since it's so cheap. Works well!

Defense is "ok". Not the tankiest build I've ever made, but the max hit is respectable, >1000 ES regen per second, CI, and totems being ranged and freezing everything helps. If I keep playing the league long enough to accumulate 200d more, I could swap forbidden jewels to Radiant Faith to really stack on some beef. Since KBoC lets you reserve mana while still benefitting from the added phys, I could get a TON of armor and ES from Radiant Faith.

All in all, a pretty fun build to meander into. Swapping in Chainbreaker was the big shift. Insane Berserk uptime for great more multipliers on damage/tank/speed.

Salvor_Hardin
Sep 13, 2005

I want to go protest.
Nap Ghost
They unearthed an ancient Roman prime chaotic resonator:

Now we know that the aqueducts were fossil crafted.

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

One time i prank called a bear buildin workshop and said I wanted my mamaws ashes put in a teddy from where she loved them things so well... The woman on the phone did not skip a beat. She just said, "Brang her on down here. We've did it before."
More water modifiers
No visigoth defense modifiers

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored
Getting really frustrated with the 6 map bosses in a ritual challenge. I've tried:
* 4 blood-filled ritual flasks (one with a triple boss, 3 with single boss) which should have done the trick - didn't work.
* Buying glacier maps and rolling them for "two unique bosses" and praying for a ritual in the boss room - I'm 10 maps in and no altar in the boss room.

I've looked at several guides and two of them even say "we don't know why this method doesn't always work".

Is there an easy way to do this that I'm just missing or do I just have to keep wasting money on glacier maps?

(This challenge is dumb)

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Domination Scarab of Teaching Terrors + Destructive Play

whypick1 fucked around with this message at 17:01 on May 1, 2024

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored

whypick1 posted:

Domination Scarab of Teaching + Destructive Play

Why teaching? Those just boost exp gain, no?

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Terrors, my bad.

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored

whypick1 posted:

Terrors, my bad.

Ok so she'll summon additional bosses when triggering the ritual because that counts as witnessing a map boss (and not just in the actual boss room). That how it works?

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

No, she'll only show up for the actual map boss, but Terrors increases the odds of a map boss getting included in a Ritual encounter, which will then show up in subsequent Ritual encounters. Blood-Soaked Vessel adding a boss or two, some more from Shrine Bosses, up to 4 from Maven'd map boss should do it.

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored

whypick1 posted:

No, she'll only show up for the actual map boss, but Terrors increases the odds of a map boss getting included in a Ritual encounter, which will then show up in subsequent Ritual encounters. Blood-Soaked Vessel adding a boss or two, some more from Shrine Bosses, up to 4 from Maven'd map boss should do it.

Ok, I'll give it a whirl and roll double bosses just to be extra sure.

Also doing the math in PoB, I think I can safely swap out my helmet without accuracy on it which means I'm looking for some combination of mana reservation, suppression and chaos resist which are a set of requirements that unfortunately don't fit gravecrafting very well. I don't want life on the helm to keep Precise Technique working and I found a couple helms with the stats (and even one with an empty prefix) but all of the bases suck. On top of that, I really need a +14 suppression roll if I'm going to have any prayer of getting to 100%. Good times.

E: I have a spare green nightmare. I wonder if there's a way I can path to a jewel slot to shoehorn it in without loving up my build.

EE: Awesome! Just wasted 2 div on blood soaked ritual flasks or w/e, chaosed a glacier map to have 2 unique bosses, ran destructive play and the terror scarab and...nothing! gently caress this.

Frank Frank fucked around with this message at 18:07 on May 1, 2024

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011
Pandemonium scarabs can add more map bosses to a map too, destructive play isn't going to do anything because the bosses have to exist inside the map and get added to the ritual.

You could also just run a 3 boss map like courtyard and double the unique bosses on the map and it's done if there is a ritual at the boss, glacier only has 1 boss.

Ra Ra Rasputin fucked around with this message at 18:08 on May 1, 2024

Nur_Neerg
Sep 1, 2004

The Lumbering but Unstoppable Sasquatch of the Appalachians

Frank Frank posted:

Ok, I'll give it a whirl and roll double bosses just to be extra sure.

Also doing the math in PoB, I think I can safely swap out my helmet without accuracy on it which means I'm looking for some combination of mana reservation, suppression and chaos resist which are a set of requirements that unfortunately don't fit gravecrafting very well. I don't want life on the helm to keep Precise Technique working and I found a couple helms with the stats (and even one with an empty prefix) but all of the bases suck. On top of that, I really need a +14 suppression roll if I'm going to have any prayer of getting to 100%. Good times.

E: I have a spare green nightmare. I wonder if there's a way I can path to a jewel slot to shoehorn it in without loving up my build.

EE: Awesome! Just wasted 2 div on blood soaked ritual flasks or w/e, chaosed a glacier map to have 2 unique bosses, ran destructive play and...nothing! gently caress this.

What do you want for prefixes on the helmet?

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored

Ra Ra Rasputin posted:

Pandemonium scarabs can add more map bosses to a map too, destructive play isn't going to do anything because the bosses have to exist inside the map and get added to the ritual.

You could also just run a 3 boss map like courtyard and double the unique bosses on the map and it's done, glacier only has 1 boss.

Yeah that's just dumb luck though. I'm at +15 3 boss maps (arena, glacier) and I have yet to have a ritual altar spawn in the boss room which is the only way this is going to hit. What a stupid waste of time this is.

E: Got it with an arena doubled map and destructive play which is overkill I guess but w/e.

Frank Frank fucked around with this message at 18:22 on May 1, 2024

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored

Nur_Neerg posted:

What do you want for prefixes on the helmet?

I want an open prefix slot for "hits taken as fire" or w/e and any random defense mod is fine (armor/evasion/increased evasion). +life is "ok" so long as the roll isn't higher than 70 or so, though I suppose I could remove +life passives to make up the difference if I had to.

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011

Frank Frank posted:

Yeah that's just dumb luck though. I'm at +15 3 boss maps (arena, glacier) and I have yet to have a ritual altar spawn in the boss room which is the only way this is going to hit. What a stupid waste of time this is.

Just keep doing ritual with the two added boss scarabs, I got it eventually without the ritual even being in the final room because the other rituals had map bosses spawned inside the map (the big goat is the only boss in glacier, the little unique ones don't count as a map boss, try sticking to courtyard and arena and other multi-boss maps like graveyard/arcade/strand ect ect)

When I got it I didn't even use any blood-filled ritual thingies, the map just had a whole lot of bosses all over the place that got added to rituals in the area, there is also a necropolis mod that is "pack is accompanied by a map boss" that I think did it.

Ra Ra Rasputin fucked around with this message at 18:19 on May 1, 2024

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored

Ra Ra Rasputin posted:

Just keep doing ritual with the two added boss scarabs, I got it eventually without the ritual even being in the final room because the other rituals had map bosses spawned inside the map (the big goat is the only boss in glacier, the little unique ones don't count as a map boss, try sticking to courtyard and arena and other multi-boss maps like graveyard/arcade/strand ect ect)

When I got it I didn't even use any blood-filled ritual thingies, the map just had a whole lot of bosses all over the place that got added to rituals in the area, there is also a necropolis mod that is "pack is accompanied by a map boss" that I think did it.

Yeah this is correct. Don't bother wasting money on multi-boss vials.

Nur_Neerg
Sep 1, 2004

Frank Frank posted:

Yeah this is correct. Don't bother wasting money on multi-boss vials.

I mean you could double frac a defense roll+chaos through GY crafting, make 2-3 total copies of the hat to guarantee one hits, then go mana reservation essence until suppression for suffixes.

E: Something like this. Though it could definitely use some tuning :)

Nur_Neerg fucked around with this message at 18:36 on May 1, 2024

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored

Nur_Neerg posted:

I mean you could double frac a defense roll+chaos through GY crafting, make 2-3 total copies of the hat to guarantee one hits, then go mana reservation essence until suppression for suffixes.

E: Something like this. Though it could definitely use some tuning :)

Yeah I think that's what I'm going to have to do. I've been collecting fracture/additional item corpses that dropped while I was grinding to 100 so I should have enough for an attempt. Also I just had a dying sun flask(???) drop off the Shaper which seems like it might be neat for splitting steel esp if I can couple it with fury valve but idk. Maybe not. Wait hold up if I commit to "damage taken as fire" this could actually be very good I think?

E: Oh hey this thing is kinda valuable although I suppose "value" is relative in this league.

Frank Frank fucked around with this message at 19:25 on May 1, 2024

bawfuls
Oct 28, 2009

He can’t keep getting away with it etc etc

I guess relative to other Frank drops, Dying Sun is pretty pedestrian

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored

Ra Ra Rasputin posted:

For gravecrafting fractures, if you setup a section of the graveyard that looks like this it'll give you 300% fracture chance with 6 fracture corpses.

My friend would look up on trade if anyone had the same # timeless jewel listed and unsold, if it was a brand new # on trade he would use the timeless jewel calc site to look for good nodes in the popular slots and list it at a absurd almost triple divine price, which it sold for a couple days later, also helps to know which names are meta for their keystones or statstick uses.

Where is this section of the graveyard because as far as I can tell, that layout doesn't exist (I'm sure I'm missing it).

bawfuls
Oct 28, 2009

That’s the far left corner

Nur_Neerg
Sep 1, 2004

Would also recommend you try to optimize the additional crafts rather than the fracs, since the add craft are MUCH more expensive. I'm assuming that's the case on console though *shrugs*

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored

bawfuls posted:

That’s the far left corner

Ok it's rotated on its side. That's what was throwing me off.

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored
I dunno why this graveyard poo poo is my kryptonite but I just loving despise it. Give me a super hard boss fight that requries twitch dodging or an arcane mechanic that I need to grasp and I'm fine. This graveyard poo poo feels like filling in a Microsoft Access database from 20 years ago and I hate it with every fiber of my being. The funniest part is that I literally have enough money to just loving pay someone else to do it but no one is selling what I need because lol console

E: also the Nimis price on PS5 has tanked to like 60d down from like 130 and I have no idea what's going on. I'm going to assume it's people who immediately spec'ed into uber-killing and can't sell what they're farming.

EE: Wait, is the corpse I'm looking for that you guys keep saying is going to be mad expensive the one that reads, "chance to create a mirrored copy" or the one that says "chance to create a split copy"? - because both are like ~10-20c on console which is a lol. Maybe it's a 3rd option that I'm missing I guess? Wait no, it's "chance to craft an additional item" which run 2-3d a pop on console which is affordable at least.

Frank Frank fucked around with this message at 03:36 on May 2, 2024

Einwand
Nov 3, 2012

You idiot.
In this world it's pet or BE pet.

It's the "additional item" one yes, it does the entire craft an extra time per trigger. Split will just put half the mods onto two different items, while mirrored will make a mirrored duplicate of the item.

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored

Einwand posted:

It's the "additional item" one yes, it does the entire craft an extra time per trigger. Split will just put half the mods onto two different items, while mirrored will make a mirrored duplicate of the item.

Ok that's fine. I'm going to spend 10-15d to give this a shot and if it doesn't pan out, such is life. Ok I have the expensive part of this graveyard put together and I'll finish the rest tomorrow and pull the trigger. Goodnight.

Frank Frank fucked around with this message at 04:27 on May 2, 2024

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011
I am convinced the split copy corpse is a troll put in by the developers to screw with the first person to use one thinking it would give a copy with the split tag instead of ruining the mods.

Einwand
Nov 3, 2012

You idiot.
In this world it's pet or BE pet.

Split's good for trying to fracture rare mods, and not much else.

bawfuls
Oct 28, 2009

Additional item is powerful because it gives you multiple pulls at the slot machine to hit the mods and stats you want. If you pack them into the most buffed up graves, you can get 3 or 4 items in a single craft, keep the best one for yourself, and sell the extras to make back some of your investment or even profit if it's good enough.

wemgo
Feb 15, 2007

Frank Frank posted:

I dunno why this graveyard poo poo is my kryptonite but I just loving despise it. Give me a super hard boss fight that requries twitch dodging or an arcane mechanic that I need to grasp and I'm fine. This graveyard poo poo feels like filling in a Microsoft Access database from 20 years ago and I hate it with every fiber of my being. The funniest part is that I literally have enough money to just loving pay someone else to do it but no one is selling what I need because lol console

E: also the Nimis price on PS5 has tanked to like 60d down from like 130 and I have no idea what's going on. I'm going to assume it's people who immediately spec'ed into uber-killing and can't sell what they're farming.

EE: Wait, is the corpse I'm looking for that you guys keep saying is going to be mad expensive the one that reads, "chance to create a mirrored copy" or the one that says "chance to create a split copy"? - because both are like ~10-20c on console which is a lol. Maybe it's a 3rd option that I'm missing I guess? Wait no, it's "chance to craft an additional item" which run 2-3d a pop on console which is affordable at least.

Part of why i have ~50 hours in this league and ~250 in each if the previous 4 is because the graveyard crafting is way way too similar to my actual job.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

ya plopping down corpses is stupid and boring and I'm just not gonna do it